PDA

View Full Version : The Call (IC)

WhatThePhysics
2017-11-25, 11:45 PM
Removed by author.

Ralasha
2017-11-26, 01:37 AM
"Well now," He looks around for a moment. "I think I've lost my marbles." He looks at the other two, "Can you help me find my marbles?"

EnderBorn
2017-11-26, 04:13 AM
"What the... How the..." He looks around, his bow held tightly close to him, and turns to the person talking. "Uh... I-I think lost mine as well." He notices the other person and quickly asks, "And who are you?"

Celsius
2017-11-28, 02:50 AM
"This must be a dream. Yes, what do they call those? Lucid dreams. Yes, I'm lucid dreaming right now."

Chelsea mumbled under her breath, half to herself, half out loud to no one in particular. The questions posed by the two strangers that she had dreamed up went unanswered for the moment. Her eyes blinked, focusing in on the only source of light in the room, what looked like a glowing white stick fallen on the ground in some dark sticky liquid.

Wait. Oh my god. Is that blood?

Ralasha
2017-11-28, 02:53 AM
Jonathan turns and looks at the lightsource with her, then in a detached manner, walks up to take it in hand and examine it.

Ralasha
2017-11-28, 11:29 AM
"Hey, Toto, come looks at this." Jon then moves around the body and its death-source.

EnderBorn
2017-11-28, 09:31 PM
Blake stared at the corpse for a few seconds, his skin turning pale white as saw a dark red liquid oozing from the corpse. Then, he noticed the bright glowing staff beside the body. Just as he was about to say something, he noticed the man he talked to suddenly walking towards the body. He was stunned to see the guy casually walking toward the dead body

That guy must be crazy or something if he wants go near that thing.

Blake then sees the upright, standing skeleton near the dead body. He heard the man's words, yet his eyes were fixed on the skeleton. "Careful now, that thing is armed and it might stab you if you get too close." Blake slowly notches an arrow on his bow and aims it at the skeleton. "If that thing tries to do anything rash, I'll shoot it before anything ." Blake says confidently.

I hope that skeleton doesn't raise up again .

Ralasha
2017-11-29, 03:52 AM
"Hmm?" He looks up at the skeleton. "Ah, so I'm stuck in Swords and Serpents? Well, I suppose my mind could have broken in worse ways... at least I know the rules here." He pulls out a book and flips through the pages to the undead section in an attempt to identify the type of undead. "You probably don't have to worry though, since it isn't moving on it's own, it appears to be an intentional construct rather than naturally occurring. So, as long as we don't disturb it, it should leave us alone I think..."

Bardic Knowledge: [roll0] (Since he is after all, a heavy gamer, and using a reference?)

Ralasha
2017-11-29, 05:07 PM
"Blunt force works best on skeletons." He looks at the staff in his hands. "Either of you have something you can bludgeon it with? We may with to loot it. But hold on."

Jonathan walks around so he is within sight of the Skeleton, and it is within sight of him. And stares at it a moment before saying in as authoritative a voice he can. "Sit."

EnderBorn
2017-11-29, 07:25 PM
Blake looks at Johnathan, then at the skeleton, then back to Jonathan. "Alright, as long as we don't disturb the bag of bones there, we're good, right?" Blake lowers his bow and sees the man's attempt on the skeleton. "I've only got my bow, arrows, my bag and a pocket knife. And were you trying to turn it to our side or something?" He turns to the woman and asks "Do you have any blunt objects we can use to get rid that bag of bones?"

Celsius
2017-11-29, 10:02 PM
Snapping out of her reverie at being suddenly addressed, Chelsea's eyes focused on Blake.

"Oh. Uh, um..."

She rummages in her messenger bag, but comes up with nothing.

"What about that glowing stick over there?"

Chelsea points helplessly at the staff lying on the ground.

Ralasha
2017-11-29, 10:50 PM
"I have my sword. But it will suffer penalties..." He sighs, "And I'm really not a warrior... As to that, no. I was assuming the summoner was the dead man, and that perhaps the skeleton, acting as it does, being without direction, would be commandable. But we have no idea if they even speak English here."

EnderBorn
2017-11-29, 11:51 PM
"Great... We have no other blunt weapons other than the staff. Just great." He looks around the room again if there is anything to use as a weapon. He pauses at his feet, then unties one of his shoes and takes it off. Then proceeds to pull on the laces, making sure that the the laces are long enough. Finally, he ties a double knot twice at the end of the laces and gives it a spin. "Will this work as a sort of mace?"

Ralasha
2017-11-30, 12:00 AM
"Maybe? I doubt it though. Better to use my bag."

EnderBorn
2017-11-30, 12:54 AM
"Fine, But I'm keeping my shoe-mace in case your bag fails somehow. " He looks to Chelsea, pointing at the glowing staff on the ground."What about that glowing staff lying on the ground there? I'm guessing that skeleton will react if you pick that up?"

Ralasha
2017-11-30, 02:04 AM
Y((I would like to quickly point out that my character is already holding the staff.))

"It is odd though. If the controller is dead, the skeleton should, unless I miss my mark, have already reverted to aggression, or resumed being a pile of bones." ( am on phone).

Jonathan walks over and hands the staff to the other male. "Hit it with the staff if it attacks me. I'm going to make sure the obvious necromancer has no means of quasi-immortality." He then walks over and kneels next to the corpse waiting for the other man to take position so that he can begin to safely look the corpse down to his knickers.

(edit: back on PC, performing spelling corrections. edit: Also adding pallet coloration.)

EnderBorn
2017-11-30, 02:43 AM
"Alright, will do." He takes the staff from the man, walks beside the skeleton and readies the staff to strike the moment the it becomes aggressive. He also drops his shoe-mace on the ground beside him. "I wonder if someone else created it then."

Celsius
2017-11-30, 04:10 AM
Well. This is surreal.

Unlike her, the other two seemed to have a pretty good grasp on what was going on, and Chelsea wasn't willing to admit that she was the most ignorant in the group. She steps forward, still slightly in a daze, but making sure that the guy with the big stick was between herself and the scary skeleton-thing.

Ralasha
2017-11-30, 05:11 AM
Jonathan begins to loot the corpse. Taking everything not nailedndown by the boulder.

Ralasha
2017-11-30, 02:01 PM
Jonathan checks for rings and necklaces, torcs, a belt, etc. Literally stripping the corpse as much as possible.

Then looks over at the skeleton. "Is that skeleton carrying anything that isn't obvious?"

Celsius
2017-11-30, 11:16 PM
"What d-did you find?" Chelsea calls out to Jonathan, half-curious and half-excited.

She grabs Blake's arm, pushing the staff higher to illuminate the skeleton better and, almost instinctively, pulls out her mobile phone to snap a picture of the skeleton.

EnderBorn
2017-12-01, 04:15 PM
"Um..." He looks to Chelsea uncomfortably. "I don't think its time for a picture, unless you want that face to be your wallpaper." He looks back to the skeleton. "But please, back up a few steps so you won't get hurt. I don't want you getting hit by my elbow or anything."

Ralasha
2017-12-01, 04:38 PM
"Several things, with no means of identifying any of outside of the obvious." He examines the skeleton for things it might be carrying.

Ralasha
2017-12-03, 01:07 PM
"Two options, we walk out or we try to kill the skeleton while screaming in terror."

EnderBorn
2017-12-03, 01:48 PM
"I may have gone crazy, but I think we should kill it. I'm betting that skeleton has supplies and possibly a map as to where we are." He pauses to look around Jonathan and Chelsea. "We could probably surround him and use your bags to pummel him."

Ralasha
2017-12-04, 12:46 AM
Jonathan stands and straps on his buckler. "I'll use this or my sword thanks. My bag has some delicate electronics in it."

Celsius
2017-12-05, 06:43 AM
"Could we, perhaps, like try, talking to it first?"

Chelsea steps forward cautiously, waving her hands to try to get the skeleton's attention.

"Hello! Do you understand me? We don't want to hurt you!"

EnderBorn
2017-12-05, 06:18 PM
"We tried, or at least this guy tried." Blake points to Jonathan. "And that skeleton isn't fazed by his attempt. Talking to it is like talking to a brick wall. Plus, that thing has been listening to us this entire time and it's still standing there. Even then, why would it start talking to us now when we were just planning to kill it?"

Celsius
2017-12-05, 11:19 PM
"Maybe it doesn't understand English, or something."

Chelsea continues gesturing as she approaches the skeleton carefully.

Ralasha
2017-12-06, 01:37 AM
"Well, seeing as how it either has been cold or is getting colder in here... We should be getting on with it."
Jonathan steps up to hit the skeleton with his sword (just remembered bucklers can't deal damage, which is crazy, because if i hit someone with 5 lbs, it'll hurt.)

EnderBorn
2017-12-06, 03:28 PM
"Little lady, get out of the way!" He yells to woman as he tries to hit the skeleton. "Pay attention to me, Rotten bones!"

Celsius
2017-12-06, 09:37 PM
Panting from the adrenaline surging through her veins, Chelsea peeks out from behind the others.

"Is it.. dead?"

Ralasha
2017-12-08, 01:23 PM
"Yes. Yes it is."

Jonathan takes the skeleton's things. "Now we just need to find our way out of here."

EnderBorn
2017-12-08, 01:47 PM
"Alright... If you say so, book guy." Blake then retrieves his bow from the ground and puts it in his bag. "Now, where's the exit?" He looks around the room for any exits.

Ralasha
2017-12-08, 01:53 PM
Jonathan heads in the direction the Skeleton was originally facing away from.

Ralasha
2017-12-10, 04:08 AM
((I think I will continue to have Jonathan carry a heavy load for the duration of the campaign. Just so he can later point out how odd it is that he isn't getting any stronger.))

Jonathan stops. "Right, I'm Jonathan by the way. So, why don't we introduce ourselves, and you with the light can lead."

Celsius
2017-12-12, 09:08 PM
"Ch-Chelsea. Chelsea Levitt."

The young woman pulls out a tumbler from her bag and takes a gulp of it. The aroma of extremely strong coffee fills the air.

"I'm from Michigan. I was on a plane bound home, but for some reason I'm here, now. Why are we here? And what was that thing?"

Ralasha
2017-12-12, 10:13 PM
"I'm Jonathan. I was on my way to my car from the renaissance festival. As to how or why we are here, I am afraid I have no idea. As to what that was, a skeletal warrior. An undead if you will. Which makes the old man crushed by rocks a necromancer. That means he toys with the forces of life and death using magic."

EnderBorn
2017-12-16, 09:28 PM
"Right."

Blake heads first into the dark corridor, his glowing staff held high so everyone can see.

"Name's Blake, Blake Holstein. I was on my way to my mother's old hunting lodge when suddenly I appeared with you guys. I have no idea as why I'm here or how this thing happened. On a related note, you seem to know your stuff about that creature and that old man's hobbies. How did you know about all that, and what's this got to do with 'Snakes and Swords' that you mentioned earlier?"

Ralasha
2017-12-17, 12:00 AM
"To put it in simple terms? i'm a nerd. 'Snakes and Swords is basically a rip-off on another more popular roleplaying game. And unless I miss my tally, this world runs on six second intervals... Yes it does."

EnderBorn
2017-12-19, 06:15 PM
"That looks to be the exit." Blake points the tip of the staff towards the left corner of the corridor.

He then walks next to Jonathan, keeping pace.

"So... What do you mean by the world running in six second intervals? And what else is there other than that undead skeleton thing?"

Ralasha
2017-12-19, 09:15 PM
Jonathan sets the atopwatch on his phone for twelve seconds. "I'll show you once we're out of this hole."

Celsius
2017-12-19, 09:24 PM
Chelsea stared at the two men, slightly confused as she followed them. The appropriate response in this situation appeared to be panic, or perhaps a little bit of screaming. But neither of these people seemed to be doing that, and so Chelsea felt that she shouldn't either, if only just to be polite. A little.

"We're in some kind of game world?"

Ralasha
2017-12-19, 09:28 PM
"To distinguish: First, any world in which ones finds one's self is not a game. Second any world which runs upon a predetermined set of rules is most likely exactly that. So yes and no. This world likely follows the rules of a game, but is actually real, as we are here. I hope I can learn magic." He shrugs and continues along the path. "We should probably come back at some point to explore this dungeon more thoroughly."

Celsius
2017-12-19, 10:10 PM
"Ohh.." Chelsea nodded like she understood everything that Jonathan was talking about.

"So, hypothetically speaking, if we are here.. Did someone, or something bring us here?"

Ralasha
2017-12-19, 10:20 PM
Twelve seconds. Yup. "So each of us got to do two things during that twelve second interval. Meaning this world does in fact run on six second rounds... Egads. We're player characters." Jonathan gets a horrified expression on his face and slows as realization hits. "No. Nonono. I quit, send me home. I don't care if I get to learn magic. Honest."

EnderBorn
2017-12-20, 12:24 AM
Blake looks confused and concerned at the same time "Whoa there man, why are you breaking down all of a sudden? What do you mean by 'player character' and what's that got to do with anything?"

Ralasha
2017-12-20, 12:40 AM
Jonathan turns slowly to look at the other man in an exagerated manner. Tgen puts down the loot and opens his backpack. He pulls out the Player's Handbook, and hands it over. "It means terrible things are going to happen, specifically to us. Often, and in as varied and violent a manner as possible."

EnderBorn
2017-12-20, 04:17 AM
Blake lays his bow on his leg, then grabs the book of Jonathan's hand. "Let see here..." He takes a moment to read and looks rather surprised after reading a couple of pages. "Um... Jonathan, what am I looking for in this... Guide?"

Ralasha
2017-12-20, 03:08 PM
"That, is a rulebook most likely very similar to the standard set of rules by which we are most likely now bound." He picks up the loot and resumes walking. "Look up Humans under the chapter 'Races'. Yes its a lot of material. But if we pay attention we might be able to abuse the rules and become ridiculously powerful."

EnderBorn
2017-12-20, 04:56 PM
"Alright..." Blake then flips the pages until he comes across the Humans page. "Here it is..." He reads the page for a few moments. "How are we going to abuse this exactly? It says here that we don't have much except for some extra skills and some kind of feat. What is a feat anyway?"

Ralasha
2017-12-20, 05:19 PM
"I'll show you a few builds for characters... We can try and hope to be able to make our own decisions. I for one hope I am a Sorcerer." He sighs, "Can we divide the load a bit?"

EnderBorn
2017-12-20, 08:23 PM
"Sure, I can carry some of that." Blake closes the book and hands it over to Chelsea. "Here, hold this for a second. And can you pick up my bow, please. I wouldn't want to lose it since we're gonna need it." He then moves next to Jonathan and puts his hiking bag on the ground. "Alright, what do you need me to carry."

Ralasha
2017-12-20, 08:26 PM
Jonathan pauses a moment and checks the shield for a shoulder strap. Then hands over the Skeleton's sword and shield as he tries to split the weight between them evenly.

Celsius
2017-12-20, 09:07 PM
Chelsea grabs the book, gratefully. Hold the book, pick up the bow. Yes, those were things that she could understand, and do. Reaching down to the bow leaning on Blake's leg, she lifts it up awkwardly. The longbow is taller than she is, and after some awkwardness, she contents herself with holding it horizontally.

Chelsea stares at the book cover, burning with curiosity.

"Do you, uh, mind if I take a look?"

Ralasha
2017-12-20, 09:10 PM
"Knock yourself out." Jonathan waves in a general manner.

Celsius
2017-12-21, 10:06 PM
Balancing the longbow in one hand, Chelsea gingerly opens the book, being careful not to wear out the pages or spine. A game world that isn't a game? This is pretty unnatural, alright..

EnderBorn
2017-12-22, 09:36 PM
Setting the sword and shield beside his bag, he quickly scans the objects on the ground. "Hmm... I guess I'll be taking those heavy books, though I do wonder what's in those." Blake points to the cloth packages and the cloth bag. "I wonder what that guy was hiding or possibly delivering to."

His eyes then fell to the wands and the flasks. "By the way, What's in those flasks? Oil? And what's so special about those sticks over there?"

Ralasha
2017-12-23, 02:30 AM
"First, I would like to point out that I am uncertain what is in the flasks, it could be holy water, unholy water, poison, healing potions, or alchemical substances such as Alchemists fire, and without opening them, which I do not recommend, we cannot tell. Then I would like to theorize that those are most likely magical wands, which again, we lack the ability to identify at this point." He picks up his new load, having divided the 'loot' between the three of them in order to minimize the impact, leaving the bedroll, blanket, quarterstaff, scimitar, and shield for Blake and Chelsea to carry. Then resumes making his way out of what he presumes to be ruins. "We should also return later, to be certain there is nothing else here. But for now, shelter, and a town... let us hope they can understand us, and us them."

EnderBorn
2017-12-23, 11:44 PM
He puts down the glowing staff on the ground, taking the bedroll and putting it in his bag. He takes the sword and takes a good look at the blade. How am I going to fit this thing?

Then Blake sees the blanket that Jonathan left behind and takes it. He wraps the blanket around the the scimitar gently, careful not to cut the blanket apart with its sharp edge. After making sure that the scimitar doesn't cut through, he makes room at the side to fit the sword. With the packing done, he wears his bag first, then the shield and finally grabs the staff on the ground.

He is a bit bothered with his new weight of the bag, especially when he has a sword in it. But he shrugs it off and makes his way to Chelsea. "Mind if I have my bow back? And Thank you for holding it for me, I appreciate it."

Celsius
2017-12-26, 02:27 AM
"Oh, yeah, um, sure." Chelsea looked up from Jonathan's book and gratefully returned the longbow back to its owner. Then she looks around, and picks up the bedroll as well, holding it a little away from her body.

"This had better not have bedbugs," she muttered under her breath.

Ralasha
2017-12-26, 04:00 AM
Jonathan speaks loudly over his shoulder to be certain he is heard. "So... We might be pretty high up on a mountain right just now..."

He turns and takes in the view, a bit of adrenaline pulsing through his system as he takes in what can only be one of his deepest fears, as well as a desire.

A small smile forms on his lips. He looks up, and bows towards the sun, eyes closed. "I apologize for not knowing your name, but I, a traveler far from home, weary and having just arrived within your gaze, humbly request your assistance, and beg your guidance, whatever guidance you may choose to grant would be a boon to us, who are lost in your realm, from beyond the gates, with no knowledge to guide us back whence we belong."

His prayer finished he stands straight and waits to see if his prayer has been heard.

EnderBorn
2017-12-27, 01:16 PM
Blake yells back to Jonathan. "Then do you see a path leading down? Or at least a sort of hiking trail?"

Ralasha
2017-12-27, 02:29 PM
"No, but I can see clouds... Below us."

EnderBorn
2017-12-27, 03:01 PM
"What do you mean by clouds? We're not that high up, are we?"

Ralasha
2017-12-27, 03:06 PM
"Wait and see, come and see, and I saw a lion running on the clouds, bearing many crowns. I am now a poet."

Ralasha
2017-12-29, 12:38 PM
Jonathan looks at his shoulder. If seeing nothing Jonathan looks down.

EnderBorn
2017-12-29, 03:23 PM
Blake turns his attention to Chelsea. "So... What kinds of things have you learned from that guide book?"

Ralasha
2017-12-30, 01:17 AM
Jonathan looks up with a horrifying image of a Roc in his head.

Ralasha
2017-12-30, 02:12 AM
"Ah, right then." Jonathan bows towards the sun, "So, we go this way." He begins walking, ignoring the bird excrement for the moment.

Celsius
2017-12-30, 11:08 AM
Chelsea looks at Blake helplessly.

"I'll be honest, this is kind of overwhelming for me. Levels, classes, ability scores.. I'll need more time to look over this. We should look for a safe place to seek shelter for now."

Ralasha
2017-12-31, 12:27 AM
Jonathan continues following the bird, "This way!" He waves at them, "The gods have given a sign to us, pointing in this direction."

Celsius
2017-12-31, 09:07 PM
"The.. gods? Have given a sign?"

That was officially it. The bird poop must've been the last straw for Jonathan and he was officially mad. Not that there was very much longer they would be alive, given the horrors described inside his book. A random thought flashes through Chelsea's head.

I sure hope our Dungeon Master gives out CR-appropriate encounters.

Ralasha
2018-01-01, 03:51 AM
"You shall see, the Gods in this world are far more into intervention. In our world the chances of divine intervention are seen as nil. In this world, if you ask for something it can easily come true, though more often than not it does not. This world, if I am correct in my thinking of where we are, is somewhat like a layercake. You have the primary plane, upon which we appear to stand. You have the classical elemental planes, the Ethereal Plane, the Astral Plane, the planes the gods live in, and a number of others. The fact of the matter is, that you can actually go and visit the gods."

He pauses a moment to order his thoughts. "My next point. We are atop a mountain, there is no food for such a bird here, not to mention we are far above any altitude it should be comfortable at, it is not an Eagle. I prayed for guidance, was alerted to a bird above, looked up, and as though waiting to be noticed, the bird called out and flew in this direction. And I will bet you we are either heading towards a town, or help. Pray to the Gods if you wish. But take care, for some of them hate you, just because you're breathing. Literally. They don't breath, and they don't like breathers."

Ralasha
2018-01-03, 02:28 AM
Jonathan stops and looks up, back and around. Checking any distances for smoke of chimneys, signs of rutts, and direction of the sun once below the clouds.

Ralasha
2018-01-04, 02:36 AM
Jonathan shrugs and resumes following the screeching. Keeping an eye and ear for any paths or rivers. Or sounds...

Ralasha
2018-01-04, 03:49 AM
Jonathan continues in the same direction.

Celsius
2018-01-04, 04:52 AM
Chelsea followed Jonathan, confidence in the man draining by the second.

"I hate to be a downer, I really do. But I'm not seeing any help, or town in the direction we are headed, just lots and lots of leaves. Isn't there some other way we can, you know, contact other humans?"

Ralasha
2018-01-04, 12:35 PM
"Have you seen any phone lines, park rangers, or airplanes? No, because there aren't any."

EnderBorn
2018-01-04, 05:43 PM
As Blake watches the two talking, he looks to his bracelet and sees a small compass on it. "Hey," His voice louder than theirs. "I have a compass right here, that'll help right?"

Ralasha
2018-01-05, 01:18 AM
"Well what direction does it say we have been walking in?"

EnderBorn
2018-01-05, 03:48 PM
"West. We have been walking west since we followed that odd bird. Hopefully, that bird is flying straight or else we might be lost."

Ralasha
2018-01-06, 08:21 PM
"Do me a favor and turn to make sure it is working."

EnderBorn
2018-01-06, 10:19 PM
"That's fine with me, though I hope we don't encounter any wolves or bears around these parts.
"

Ralasha
2018-01-07, 06:27 AM
Jonathan looks at him strangely, "Turn, in place, to be certain the compass is working as designed, if you please." :smallsigh: (Yes the sigh is IC)

EnderBorn
2018-01-07, 12:40 PM
"Hmm... Okay," Blake turns in place, facing the cardinal directions and making sure the compass points are correct. He immediately widens his eyes in surprise and face palm. "Yeah we're not going west, we're actually going east. Man being transported in new reality sure messes with your sense of direction." He repeats the process, just to make sure. "Yeah definitely east, not west."

Celsius
2018-01-07, 09:35 PM
Chelsea eyes the two men discussing the use of a compass. "You know, I don't think it really matters which direction we are travelling in without a map. Is there anything like that in the bag you, uh, obtained?"

"At least we sort of know that this place has a magnetic North."

EnderBorn
2018-01-10, 12:57 PM
"I don't remember there being a map in mine, but maybe Jonathan's pack has one? And if we don't have one, we can just make a simple map."

Ralasha
2018-01-10, 01:41 PM
Jonathan sets down his loot and begins looking through it.

EnderBorn
2018-01-13, 12:15 AM
Blake walks to Chelsea as Jonathan searches his belongings. "So... What else have you read in that guide book? I saw something about classes, but didn't get enough time to understand what it is yet."

Ralasha
2018-01-13, 08:43 PM
"I have found some plot line. A tanglefoot bag, some wands, rations, something that may be a Holy symbol, and three books with titles I can read. The bracelet is magical."

EnderBorn
2018-01-18, 01:48 PM
"Plot line? What do you mean by plot line? And that bracelet, what can that do?"

Ralasha
2018-01-18, 01:56 PM
"First, we are supposed to use the books, a plot line is a part of the story. The bracelet, I have no.idea what it does." Jonathan begins skimming the books.

Ralasha
2018-01-19, 12:43 AM
Jonathan looks for specific familiar spells. Mage armor, shield and magic missile. Specifically out of enthuiastic curiosity.

"Wizard's handbook."

He skims the next book.

EnderBorn
2018-01-19, 05:41 PM
Blake, being curious, walks over to Jonathan and his pile of loot. "And mind if I read some of it?"

Ralasha
2018-01-20, 02:41 AM
Jonathan starts laughing as he hands the book over, "Absolutely, here you go! I am so going to want that to study though."

He then picks up the next book (cough), and skims it.

Ralasha
2018-01-22, 03:53 AM
"Interesting..."

He looks for the name of the deity, first checking the index.

Ralasha
2018-01-22, 01:32 PM
Jonathan skims the section... Rather slowly.

Ralasha
2018-01-23, 05:02 AM
Jonathan looks up at the noise, then turns his head slowly, in case it was merely a distraction.

EnderBorn
2018-01-23, 05:13 PM
After Jonathan handed the book over, balanced the book with one hand, Blake begins to read. After a few moments, he has a look of bewilderment. "What heck am I reading... Seriously, what does-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as he heard the sudden noise.

The professional archer then drops the book and instinctively grabs an arrow. His bow, ready to fire, aimed at the source where the noise had come from. "Show yourselves!" He shouted in commanding tone.

Ralasha
2018-01-24, 12:08 AM
Jonathan looks over, "Yes, because shouting would never attract any predators."

EnderBorn
2018-01-24, 03:11 AM
"Hey, you never know if you're talking to a real person in these woods, especially when a cousin decides to sneak up on you during deer season." He lets out a heavy sigh afterwards.

Ralasha
2018-01-24, 02:52 PM
"Does that looks like you cousin?!'

EnderBorn
2018-01-24, 06:24 PM
"Well, it looks like my cousin hasn't skipped leg day at all!" He says with a small smile. "And here's my gift to you, my dear cousin." The archer then releases his arrow to its target.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
In case of crit; [roll2]

Initiative: [roll3]

Celsius
2018-01-26, 09:27 PM
"A.. A dinosaur!" Chelsea backs away, terrified by the lizard. A odd thought flashes through her mind, prompting her to clarify her statement.

"More specifically, a Deinonychus," she immediately corrects herself. "One of those, you know, those small raptors from Jurassic Park. You know, I've always wonder whether they had feath-"

She holds her thought as the dinosaur starts charging, and decides to start screaming instead.

Initiative: [roll0]

EnderBorn
2018-01-29, 10:59 PM
"Chelsea snap out of it! Get the staff before my cousin gets here!" Blake yelled as he turned his eyes to the feathered raptor, charging toward him.

Ralasha
2018-02-01, 12:01 AM
"While I am sure all of remember elementary science courses, I think the more pressing concern is that one is intent upon devouring us."

Celsius
2018-02-01, 02:05 AM
It doesn't appear that Chelsea has heard Blake or Johnathan's quips. Probably on account of all the screaming she was doing.

She raises her hands up in a probably futile attempt to fend off Blake's feathered cousin, closing her eyes and turning her head. Well, I never thought I'd go this way, eaten by a giant chicken-lizard..

Manifest Entangling Ectoplasm, Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]

Remaining PP: 14/15

A glob of goo soars through the air, seeming manifesting from nowhere and splattering next to the raptor.

"Did I just..?"

EnderBorn
2018-02-03, 11:44 AM
"What the..." Blake stunned by what Chelsea had summoned, immediately shook his head and focused his attention again at his feathery cousin. "I'll ask questions later when we're done with my cousin.."

The archer steps back a couple feet and notches an arrow. He fires at his cousin, and immediately in quick succession, fires again at the raptor. I hope I don't miss this.

Blake takes a 5ft step back and uses the rapid shot feat
First attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Second attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Ralasha
2018-02-03, 05:00 PM
"Either it is attempting to communicate, or it is casting a spell.... Let us hope for the first choice." Jonathan returns to his reading.

Ralasha
2018-02-03, 07:32 PM
Jonathan looks at the 'bird'. "What was that lassy? Timmy is stuck in the well?"

EnderBorn
2018-02-10, 12:06 AM
"Is my cousin mocking you? Or is he talking to someone else?"