PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Spell Selection?

Azther
2017-11-26, 08:40 AM
Hey there! I'm making a Bard/Warlock Multiclass and I decided on my spell selection for level 20. Could you guys tell me if it's a decent list?

Bard Lvl 18
16 Spells + 6 Magical Secrets + 2 Additional Magical Secrets ( Lore Bard )
4 Cantrips

Cantrips
Vicious Mockery
Friends
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation
1st Level
Fairie Fire
Healing Word
2nd Level
Invisibility
Hold Person
Silence
Suggestion
3rd Level
Dispel Magic
Fear
Fireball
Aura of Vitality
Counterspell
Slow
4th Level
Dimension Door
Polymorph
Greater Invisibility
5th Level
Animate Objects
Mass Cure Wounds
Raise Dead
Wall of Force
Bigby's Hand
6th Level
Mass Suggestion
Otto's Irresistible Dance
Heal
9th Level
Mass Heal

Warlock Lvl 2
3 Spells
2 Cantrips + Cantrips from Celestial Patron

Cantrips
Eldritch Blast
Minor Illusion
Light
Sacred Flame
1st Level
Cure Wounds
Charm Person
Hex

Specter
2017-11-26, 10:47 AM
It's good. If I were to suggest something, it's less healing spells and more stuff that will keep you safe, like Shield, Contingency (Heal me below Xhp) and Wall of Force.

Azther
2017-11-26, 07:37 PM
It's good. If I were to suggest something, it's less healing spells and more stuff that will keep you safe, like Shield, Contingency (Heal me below Xhp) and Wall of Force.

I really do like Shield. Guess I'd probably take it in place of Heal, perhaps? I didn't know about contingency though. But Wall of Force is there :D

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-11-26, 07:38 PM
I love Healing Word, it stands a party member back up, you don't need to run and touch them, and its a bonus action.

Speaking of getting a full turn, I think Hellish Rebuke is pretty cool as a reaction.

Any turn you can have an action, bonus action and reaction you've probably done alot.

Azther
2017-11-26, 07:45 PM
I love Healing Word, it stands a party member back up, you don't need to run and touch them, and its a bonus action.

Speaking of getting a full turn, I think Hellish Rebuke is pretty cool as a reaction.

Any turn you can have an action, bonus action and reaction you've probably done alot.

With both Shield and Cutting Words I guess I already have a few reactions accounted for but it is a good idea.

Silkensword
2017-11-26, 08:25 PM
Does your party have a melee fighter who could profit from haste + could you get it?

Aaron Underhand
2017-11-26, 08:55 PM
It really depends on who else is in the party. If you have a wizard or ritual casters then many items are less important. Other casters will dramatically impact what the party needs from you.

Secondly the nature of the world may bias your selection.

That said it's a great list if we just consider a 'White box' exercise. You might like to consider as well:

There are some great 2nd level spells which I always find tempting:

Detect Thoughts, For knowing what's in the next room, as well as for interrogations
Enhance Ability, So many uses
Phantasmal Force, That illusive Int save...

At third level I cannot believe that you've left out:

Hypnotic Pattern,

If no one else has it then I recommend Leomunds Tiny Hut.

Also note that Major Image when upcast is permanent, so may be worth learning at higher levels.

Modify Memory is another unique spell with lots of out of combat utility...

True Seeing,

Plane Shift - I prefer to teleport...

and finally - pick up Wish - and simply use it as "anyspell"....