PDA

View Full Version : General opinion on Draconic Grafts?

13_CBS
2007-08-19, 04:52 PM
Just out of curiousity, what's the general opinion on Draconic Grafts? For 100k gold you can get wings, and for 56k gold you can use a breath weapon every 1d4 rounds (and probably get metabreath feats, too), among other things.

Are they overpowerd? Too little, too late? Too expensive? General suckage?

Sir Jason
2007-08-19, 04:59 PM
I like them for the flavour of it. Also, using alot of optimization from rac. drag., i made a kobold with drac. leg grafts, dragon wings, and cast a spell or two... voila! he could jump something like 80 ft., then use his wings to dive. With leap attack from comp adv. and a spear, he did something like 6x damage on a charge/dive. Go kobolds!

From another point of view, I really like dragons, so it should be morally disgusting to use their feti as graft sources. i'd make it an evil act in my campaign world...

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-19, 09:38 PM
They're alright powerwise, but muck up the whole grafting system. The whole "No one creature may have more than one type of grafts" coupled with requiring a whole new Feat(as opposed to expanding on the already extant Graft Flesh set) kind of defeats the purpose of the Fleshwarper PrC from Lords of Madness.

Fizban
2007-08-19, 09:51 PM
Not worth it unless your DM has a habit of taking your stuff. They cost twice what a normal item would, and cost you hp or ability points. Plus as ^ said, they muck up the existing graft system.