PDA

View Full Version : I made a PO super cool breathing weapon build

Snowbluff
2017-11-26, 02:48 PM
So start:

Dragonborn. You’ll need the charging breath weapon.

Take metabreath feats, namely Quicken, then max and whatever you want.

Going Forward.
Take the Divine Minion Template, get Fast Wildshape, which counts as 11th level Druid wild shape. It’s a free action to change shape. Doesn’t matter which one, do it to flavor or just take +1.

Prestige Class? Dragon Samurai, which stacks with breath weapons for damage if it shares a type. This means probably going full BAB. Also buffs your Dragonborn breath weapon. Probably pick a type that is resisted uncommonly, but is common enough among dragons that you can get multiply uses of the buffed damage...

So finally take Draconic Wildshape at level 12 (the draconomicon on) and breath more.

Each turn: Become dragon 1, max breath, become dragon 2,max quicken the different breath weapon.

If you’re cycling maybe keep track of dragon shapes and their individual recharges.

As a backup plan, you can wildshape into a dragon.

ATHATH
2017-11-26, 03:39 PM
I had a similar idea for a Wild Monk build that I made a while back (and haven't released to the public), but it used swift actions instead of free actions to Wild Shape (remember that the Quicken Breath feat makes using your breath a free action, not a swift action).

Goaty14
2017-11-26, 03:53 PM
Fast Wildshape only does a move action IIRC, could you cite where?

Snowbluff
2017-11-26, 06:05 PM
Monk is an idea. I like Wild Shape Ranger better in general, though. Still, using these lets you technically do this ECL 12 instead of

Then again Divine Minion would then let you do all of the dragons with breath weapons in one turn. I would go as far to say just count quicken counts as a swift. ^.^

Fast Wildshape only does a move action IIRC, could you cite where?

I said Divine Minion. (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a)

ATHATH
2017-11-26, 07:38 PM
Then again Divine Minion would then let you do all of the dragons with breath weapons in one turn. I would go as far to say just count quicken counts as a swift. ^.^
Or just ban the Divine Minion template instead, since it's stupidly powerful.

Snowbluff
2017-11-26, 10:12 PM
Or just ban the Divine Minion template instead, since it's stupidly powerful.

People say that, but I don't agree. Wildshape into one or two weak creatures isn't a game breaking thing. Of course, adding a bunch of other things, like metabreath or a bunch of other things, will break it. We both know metabreath is the problem here. It wouldn't have been broke if the quicken breath worked like quicken spell, and took the functional action Swift, which is designed to limit number of damage actions in a game.

Also like Wildshape classes have limited uses of the ability. The build doesn't work at all with that.

Silva Stormrage
2017-11-27, 04:09 AM
People say that, but I don't agree. Wildshape into one or two weak creatures isn't a game breaking thing. Of course, adding a bunch of other things, like metabreath or a bunch of other things, will break it. We both know metabreath is the problem here. It wouldn't have been broke if the quicken breath worked like quicken spell, and took the functional action Swift, which is designed to limit number of damage actions in a game.

Also like Wildshape classes have limited uses of the ability. The build doesn't work at all with that.

Divine Minion's wildshape still heals you 1 HP/HD whenever you use it just like a Druid's wildshape. Since it is a free action it grants you a full heal every round for free by just spamming it 100 times in an instant.

Snowbluff
2017-11-27, 09:16 AM
Divine Minion's wildshape still heals you 1 HP/HD whenever you use it just like a Druid's wildshape. Since it is a free action it grants you a full heal every round for free by just spamming it 100 times in an instant.

Hm... you are right. I was considering it as I fell asleep after my post last night. Stupid build enablers being too good.

Welp I need infinity wildshapes per day. Anyone got a plan?

Blue Jay
2017-11-27, 11:12 AM
Also, divine minion lets you qualify for master of many forms at ECL 2, and you'd have access to forms of 12 HD at that level. So, you could get access to forms like frost giant and bluespawn godslayer before a druid can even access black bear form.

Honestly, that ability should have just been written as an Alternate Form ability instead of a Wild Shape ability.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-11-27, 10:18 PM
Hm... you are right. I was considering it as I fell asleep after my post last night. Stupid build enablers being too good.

Welp I need infinity wildshapes per day. Anyone got a plan?
Warshaper 5 ought to do the trick. Who needs infinite Wild Shapes when you can change every round of a many-hour duration? Not sure if you can reduce the action cost of that, but Quicken Breath should fix you up.

Snowbluff
2017-11-27, 11:00 PM
Warshaper 5 ought to do the trick. Who needs infinite Wild Shapes when you can change every round of a many-hour duration? Not sure if you can reduce the action cost of that, but Quicken Breath should fix you up.

Thanks for hooking me up, grod. I'll get to work on the modifications. :3
https://pa1.narvii.com/5640/af9bd158c0c119994fa4b418c37212437d93abc3_hq.gif

ATHATH
2017-11-28, 03:39 AM
Thanks for hooking me up, grod. I'll get to work on the modifications. :3
https://pa1.narvii.com/5640/af9bd158c0c119994fa4b418c37212437d93abc3_hq.gif
Not so fast- Warshaper is ALSO involved in some pretty cheesy stuff, namely the ability to grow an infinite number of natural weapons (because the Morphic Weapons doesn't have a cap for some reason).

Mato
2017-11-28, 05:02 PM
Not so fast- Warshaper is ALSO involved in some pretty cheesy stuff,So use master of many forms? Besides, you're just duplicating something a core only wizard can already do with shapechange anyway.