PDA

View Full Version : Zoids: New Century Zero

Tegu8788
2017-11-27, 01:15 AM
Headquarters - Meeting Room - All

Dr. Langtree sat at the head of the table, a plate of food and several datapads resting before him. "Well gang, it's been an, interesting road for us to get here, but here we are. I submitted the paperwork, and I've just received word that the ZBC has officially recognized us as a team! Isn't that just wonderful!? I've gotten all of the Zoids up and running, and I've recieved several challenges for us. All in all, a good start I must say."

INoKnowNames
2017-12-01, 01:55 AM
"Do we have to respond to all of the challenges?" a minute voice inquires from Langtree's right. Despite having helped prepare the plates available in response to this occasion's meal, Morrigan felt no more desire than to briefly poke at her own serving, staring into her own lap, rather than to catch anyone else's gaze or accept the invitation of the datapad before her.

Azoth
2017-12-01, 07:53 PM
Baast looks about and picks up his plate from the table. He unceremoniously drops into his chair and rests his boots on the table before setting his food to rest on his thighs.

Relax kid. It isn't going to a Round Robbin event. We get time to do repairs and rest between fights. Ain't like we are neck deep on the front lines here. We're just play fighting a bunch of kids in their overpriced toys.

Lyndworm
2017-12-01, 10:56 PM
"You don't have to say that like it's a bad thing, Baast." says Darrin, pushing his glasses back into place. "I'm looking forward to it!"

Azoth
2017-12-01, 11:04 PM
Baast shoots a look to Darrin. I'm looking forward to the easy money. Well that, and showing these kids how to properly pilot a Zoid. Just have to remember I can't shoot the cockpit anymore.

Tegu8788
2017-12-03, 12:26 AM

Dr. Langtree nearly chokes on his coffee. "Yes, no, please don't go shooting at the other team's cockpits. I know you trained thoroughly with the military, but in these friendly battles, killing the opposing team is certainly very frowned upon. We aren't going to be fighting everyone all at once, and there will certainly be down time in between, for repair and relaxation. We don't have to respond to everyone right away, though chances are good we will spar with everyone sooner or later."

INoKnowNames
2017-12-05, 12:06 AM
Abandoning her futile struggle against her lack of appetite, Morrigan rises from her place to instead fetch the coffee pot. "Then, we start with the ones we can manage, should we? Or the more hard ones instead?" she asks, sparing a look towards her more knowledgeable team members as she refills Langtree's mug.

Lyndworm
2017-12-05, 01:33 AM
"I think we'd do best to start small." says Darrin. "Obviously we know that we work well together, but this is the big leagues."

Vixsor Lumin
2017-12-05, 11:57 PM
Anderz came walking in, late as usual. ”So! Anything important happen while i was out?” he says as he grabs a plate of food and flops into a chair. His boots come up and he crosses his legs beforehand plopping them on the table.

Zerkai
2017-12-06, 04:40 PM
Tanya walks into the meeting room late as usual, shortly after Anderz but in her normal piloting gear and rubbing her eyes. "Sorry, haven't been sleeping well... I'll take some coffee too." She's grab a mug to get a cup for herself when it was ready, listening to the discussion.

"A fight's a fight, but it'll be interesting to see what our options are."

Tegu8788
2017-12-07, 06:00 PM

Dr. Langtree hits a few commands on his terminal, and five images pop up on each datapad. "We have five teams that I think would make for good first challengers. We have a fight against Team Aesir, a mixed group, hit and run tactics. Team Rakshasa, Saber Fangs, and pretty good ones. Team Fuga, they specialize in flying Zoids. Team Ferox focus on strength, and overwhelming firepower. Finally, Team Occultatum, capitalize on stealth and subterfuge. Honestly, they are all good teams, honorable, and strong. A fight with any one of them will be difficult, but I believe in us."

Azoth
2017-12-07, 07:12 PM
Baast looks at the displays and half nods to the explanation as he starts eating. The saberfangs will robably be the easiest to deal with. Speed and light artillery compared to the other groups and their tactics.
Definitely don't want to fight team Fuga.

Vixsor Lumin
2017-12-16, 03:18 AM
Through a mouthful of food, Anderz calls ou, ”I mean, *chomp* ultimately we can stomp anyone of them *smack* but hitting the Saberfangs hard right off the bat will send the right message to the other teams.”

Lyndworm
2017-12-17, 10:52 PM
"I can get behind that." says Darrin, picking at his half-forgotten plate. "Taking them out early would definitely help us to make a name for ourselves. If you and Baast are sure we can handle them so easily, I think that's our best bet."

INoKnowNames
2017-12-17, 11:20 PM
"Saberfangs... I wonder if we might meet that one..." Morrigan wonders allowed, her mind wandering to recent recollections even as she divides a homemade pie into quarters. "It makes no difference to us, in the end." she adds after Darrin, handing each person a piece in the process.

Azoth
2017-12-17, 11:39 PM
Baast slaps his knee at Morrigan's comment. That's the spirit runt! Don't matter who it is, because in the end, we are going to win anyway.

He sets his plate on the table before stretching back in his chair far enough to be parallel to the ground.

So boss, when do we get to have our little play date? Looking to work off my R&R weight.

Tegu8788
2017-12-19, 12:18 PM

"I can have a message sent to Team Rakshasa's manager, and we should have word from the ZBC within the next day."

Tegu8788
2017-12-19, 02:40 PM
Battle field - All

With lots of messages send and paperwork shuffled, the next few days pass quickly. Soon enough, the day of the battle arrives. Team Eclipse arrives in a mesa, just in time to see a white capsule rocket down from the sky.

"Battle mode 0973 approved.

The area with a 30 mile radius is a designated Zoid battle field. This zone is now is restricted. Only competitors and personal have authorized entry.

Area scanned. Battle field set up. The team vs the team. Battle mode 0973, ready, fight!"

Team A: Gun Sniper, Konig Wolf, Guysack
Enemy B: Saber Fang 1, Saber Fang 2, Saber Fang 3
Team C: Demantis, Aegis
Enemy D: Saber Fang 4, Saber Fang 5

Please place yourself somewhere above row 8 and left of row H.

Zerkai
2017-12-23, 09:40 PM
Tanya checks over her Konig Wolf, "Systems online, everything is a go, I'll move ahead and try to flank them after cloaking, make use of my chaff smoke if they start firing from afar. Even if they're all Saber Fangs, they can all still have varying loadouts so be careful and don't charge in. Make use of cover and don't get caught between two of them. If you're singled out your system is as good as frozen." She warns the others, advancing once the fight starts to cloak her zoid before moving out of cover.