PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes-The Awakened

blackout
2007-08-19, 07:28 PM
http://www.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/

Sherlock Holmes blended with the Cthulhu Mythos? Impossible! I shudder to think of it! :smalleek:

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-20, 12:21 PM
I'm interested in this one myself. There is a chance that it could work out.

There is of course a serious conflict in theme. Sherlock Holmes is about the rational mind triumphing. The Mythos is about the Universe being too big for us.

Also, it's not fair to the character of Sherlock Holmes if his mind cracks easily. Unlike so many others, this investigator IS hardened.

2007-08-20, 12:32 PM
I'm interested in this one myself. There is a chance that it could work out.

There is of course a serious conflict in theme. Sherlock Holmes is about the rational mind triumphing. The Mythos is about the Universe being too big for us.

Also, it's not fair to the character of Sherlock Holmes if his mind cracks easily. Unlike so many others, this investigator IS hardened.

I think it'd be a very interesting thing to see how Holmes dealt with the truths the Mythos presents. Could be really awesome.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-20, 01:06 PM
"You see, the trick with mind-breaking abberations is to stare at them directly in the eyes, or tentacles if they are of the eyeless sort. Since it is precisely that which they least expect, it unnerves them to the point that they are willing to surrender. Elementary, my dear Watson."

Indon
2007-08-20, 04:18 PM
"You see, the trick with mind-breaking abberations is to stare at them directly in the eyes, or tentacles if they are of the eyeless sort. Since it is precisely that which they least expect, it unnerves them to the point that they are willing to surrender. Elementary, my dear Watson."

Sherlock Holmes: So awesome that when he stares into the eyes of a Thing That Should Not Be, _it_ goes insane from looking at _him_.

Mr Croup
2007-08-20, 04:30 PM
Huh. Makes me think of the stories in Shadows Over Baker Street (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780345452733&itm=1).

blackout
2007-08-20, 06:27 PM
And this happens while Watson is in the corner gibbering.