PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Duergar Bloodrager

Shadowscale
2017-11-27, 05:11 PM
Anyone have any suggestions to make this concept work? I was trying to build a strength beat stick that had access to enlarge person to take advantage of the increased movement speed Duergars can get when large size.

Air0r
2017-11-27, 05:40 PM
which version of the duergar? Paizo or Ultimate Psionics?

Shadowscale
2017-11-27, 05:50 PM
which version of the duergar? Paizo or Ultimate Psionics?
Pazio, I don't use anything but first party

Air0r
2017-11-27, 06:05 PM
In that case, I'd grab Giant Steps feat (Advanced Race Guide), as Enlarge Person does not increase your land speed. otherwise, grab enlarge person as a spell as soon as you can, unless you know you are only going to have 1 battle a day (though it may still be useful to pick it up anyway). otherwise, grab power attack and all your other smashy smashy feats.

Shadowscale
2017-11-27, 06:10 PM
In that case, I'd grab Giant Steps feat (Advanced Race Guide), as Enlarge Person does not increase your land speed. otherwise, grab enlarge person as a spell as soon as you can, unless you know you are only going to have 1 battle a day (though it may still be useful to pick it up anyway). otherwise, grab power attack and all your other smashy smashy feats.

Yeah that feat is what I was referring to in the OP, I'm more saying how do I make a class with cha casting work with -4 cha

Air0r
2017-11-27, 06:34 PM
OH! hmm... that is a bit tougher. if using point buy, you may just have to suffer enough to get to at least 11 charisma... or pick an archetype that ditches spells. If rolling, you may get lucky enough to not worry as much. I don't have many ideas on this one, as switching out key casting stats isn't something I am seeing for bloodrager (though i may have missed it).

Florian
2017-11-28, 04:17 AM
Anyone have any suggestions to make this concept work? I was trying to build a strength beat stick that had access to enlarge person to take advantage of the increased movement speed Duergars can get when large size.

For 1/day Enlarge Person, thatīs pretty much gimping a bloodrager with the -4 CHA penalty. Maybe try an Ifrit with the Ifreeti Magic and Pass For Human ART for the same effect, but better starting racial attributes? Later on, save up for some Juggernautīs Pauldrons to have the constant effect.

Arutema
2017-11-29, 10:08 AM

Take an archetype that trades away spellcasting so you don't need Cha. Then for your bloodline, take Abyssal. The 4th level bloodline power makes you large as long as you bloodrage.