PDA

View Full Version : the little diplomat

leegi0n
2017-11-27, 10:24 PM
Playgrounders,

I'd like to get your advice on a bard build. I want to use a gnome and level him out to 15th level for now.

I would like to use the mindbender/virtuoso/sublime chord combo if you think it's advisable - however, how many levels of each do you recommend putting into the build and when? Also, what do you recommend for feats?

STAT block is:
Str: 8
Dex: 13
Con: 15
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 20

Currently level 3 (all bard levels). I have chosen MELODIC CASTING as my first level feat. I need feats for 3rd and so on.

The rest of the party consists of:
1 halfling barbarian
1 gnome paladin
1 elven cleric
1 elven sorcerer

As far as magic goes, I want to specialize in buff/debuff, illusions, and enchantments (suggestion, fear, etc.)
My diplomacy is already maxed and I would like to continue to be the 'voice' of the party. The little charismatic rock star dude.

Can you all lend a hand, please? Thank you in advance -

leegi0n
2017-11-28, 12:58 PM
Did I post this wrong? Can you all see this post?

DeTess
2017-11-28, 01:15 PM
Yes, you posted it right. No I don't have the knowledge to help you with your question. You seem to be referring to an often-used combo though, so did you check if there where any other threads or guides on this combo?

leegi0n
2017-11-28, 01:25 PM
Yes, you posted it right. No I don't have the knowledge to help you with your question. You seem to be referring to an often-used combo though, so did you check if there where any other threads or guides on this combo?

I did that just now and found some good information. Thanks for your time.

lylsyly
2017-11-28, 01:55 PM
This should answer your questions. http://www.joshuad.net/new-bard-handbook/

Darrin
2017-11-29, 10:48 AM
Bard 5/Mindbender 1/Lyric Thaumaturge 2/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 8 should work well enough.

Actually, you could replace Lyric Thaumaturge 2 with nearly anything and you should still qualify for Virtuoso/Sublime Chord.

Consider going Dragonborn of Bahamut so you can pick up Dragonfire Inspiration. If you go that route, then your feats might look like: Song of the Heart (3rd), Dragonfire Inspiration (6th), Mindsight (9th), Words of Creation (12th), Minor Shapeshift (15th), Lingering Song (18th).

If you want to do something with metamagic, then how about:
Extend Spell (3rd), Mindsight (6th), Sculpt Spell (9th), Metamagic Song (12th), Minor Shapeshift (15th), Extra Music (18th).