PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Knowledge: Help getting a friend his wish

GrayDeath
2017-11-28, 05:18 PM
Helo yàll!

An old friend will most likely join our newest D&D Campaign soonish.

he hasn`t played anything D&D since the arrival of 4th Edition (but back then was the one with the most experience, since AD&D 1).

Now he said he wanted something a bit weird, utilizing all 3.5 has to offer with the goal of amassing the highest possible amount of attribute bonusses.

He will likely enter at Level 7, up to LA 1 is free, up to LA 3 in total (erg LA 2 + the free one) can be bought off (using the lower LA buyoff rules, ergo -1 at Level 8, another -1 at Level 12ish).
THe absolute Maximum of LA he can have is +4 at game start, ergo +1 at Level 12 (with one LA not counting and 2 being able to being bought off).

He will be playing either a Paladin Variant or a Monk Variant (dont ask^^) with Prestige Classes that help his original Goal all in.

So I would like you to help me get his wish (I know enough to build most stuff myself and only ask for Optimazation advice, , but I doubt I know more than 15-20% of D&D`s total in Races and template shenannigans etc).
Everything First Party is in, Drag Mag is more or less allowed (meaning the DM can veto but basically its in), nd and 3rd party have to be somehow obtainable and not madly OP, but are not prohibited per se.

So, please give me the most attribute-bonus-mad Template/Race/Class Combos within the abovementioned guidelines!

Thanks!

Telonius
2017-11-28, 09:31 PM
Draconic Lesser Aasimar would be +1 LA to start with. You'd get +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma from Lesser Aasimar; +2 Str +2 Cha +2 Con from Draconic; giving a total of +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, +4 Cha. Those are all stats that a Paladin would want, though the Charisma bump wouldn't be all that helpful to a Monk.

Half-Fey (from Fiend Folio) or Half Nymph (from Dragon 313) are +2 LA templates that could also be applied, giving a whole bunch of bonuses to things that a Paladin or Monk would care about.

EDIT: Half-Minotaur from Dragon 313 deserves a mention, if only because it's (as far as I'm aware) the one template that gives the most bonuses to a medium character. It's also widely regarded as horrendously cheesy. It's a +1 template that could be applied to Lesser Aasimar. +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis, size increase, Gore attack. Note that the size increase (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases) will also bring with it a bunch of stat changes: +8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, for a whopping total of +12 Str, -2 Dex, +6 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis when added to a Medium creature. Be prepared for flying DMGs if you suggest this.

ATHATH
2017-11-28, 10:21 PM
This might help you: http://storm-shelter.minmaxforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=q8i8os0aostjoimu3f32pddsi3&topic=124.0

Wasn't there an infinite combo involving the Dustform template and the Incarnate Construct template (and a Warforged?)?

Goaty14
2017-11-28, 11:05 PM
Wasn't there an infinite combo involving the Dustform template and the Incarnate Construct template (and a Warforged?)?

Found you a something. It also involves failing the will save for golem parts which causes a small side effect of becoming inexorably evil, but that's nothing :smallsigh:

Perhaps the cheesiest race idea I've ever come up with is LA Laundering - you can reduce the LA of any living creature (so anything that's not undead) to 0 by using 2 simple steps. Add 1/2 golem parts to them until they fail a saving throw and become constructs, and then use the construct incarnation spell to turn it into a humanoid. Then goto step 1 until you end up with a humanoid that has no level adjustment. Afterwards, apply the Dragonborn template to give the otherwise completely non-descript humanoid some racial abilities.
You end up with a creature with an arbitrarily high strength score, an intelligence and constitution score of 4d6 drop lowest each, dex will be fairly low (min 3 before the dragonborn template), charisma will probably be 3, and wisdom will be unchanged.
This method lets you maximize for either wisdom or strength (or both) to rediculous levels, at very little cost (except in time, money, some other caster's XP and credibility).

GrayDeath
2017-11-29, 10:58 AM
Draconic Lesser Aasimar would be +1 LA to start with. You'd get +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma from Lesser Aasimar; +2 Str +2 Cha +2 Con from Draconic; giving a total of +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, +4 Cha. Those are all stats that a Paladin would want, though the Charisma bump wouldn't be all that helpful to a Monk.

Half-Fey (from Fiend Folio) or Half Nymph (from Dragon 313) are +2 LA templates that could also be applied, giving a whole bunch of bonuses to things that a Paladin or Monk would care about.

EDIT: Half-Minotaur from Dragon 313 deserves a mention, if only because it's (as far as I'm aware) the one template that gives the most bonuses to a medium character. It's also widely regarded as horrendously cheesy. It's a +1 template that could be applied to Lesser Aasimar. +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis, size increase, Gore attack. Note that the size increase (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases) will also bring with it a bunch of stat changes: +8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, for a whopping total of +12 Str, -2 Dex, +6 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis when added to a Medium creature. Be prepared for flying DMGs if you suggest this.

So ,let me get this straight, a Draconic Lesser Asimar half Minotaur would be LA +2, Large, have a gore attack, and get a total of +14 Str, +8 Con, +4 Wis, +4 Cha, -2 Int and Dex?
Looks close enough to tha maxx, but I tend to agree, our DM is going to throw things if we suggest that.

But a Draconic half Fey lesser Assimar Paladin (total Mods of +2 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Wis, +8 Cha with spellike abilities that support the Paladins abilities nicely) sounds like a lot of fun, and it would end up as being only LA +1 at L1....

Thanks.

This might help you: http://storm-shelter.minmaxforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=q8i8os0aostjoimu3f32pddsi3&topic=124.0

No Infinities. Just Template and or Race and or Lass stacking with the goal in mind.

Found you a something. It also involves failing the will save for golem parts which causes a small side effect of becoming inexorably evil, but that's nothing :smallsigh:

Thanks, but he doesnt want arbitrarily high strength, but the most attribute bonuses in total.