PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Devasation

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-11-28, 07:58 PM
Hey again people, so one of the adventurers im in we're going all in broke.
So far we have achieved the following.
A: cause every volcano to erupt by accidentally rapidly freezing a volcano super volcano that was about to erupt (winter be coming)
B: 2/3 of the world is devastated of all life due to some weird soul sucking lantern thing(i stopped it with my previous character a druid, used some Optimized methods to both 1: stop time, and 2: use a spell that stopped time and space for a creature or object), that was the druid's final achievement.
that brings me to C: so atm a extremely old demon/devil is doing something, we dont really know yet, but i figured i'd open tons of permenent portals to the abyss, used 135 believers in groups of 2 to open 62 portals over the span of 75 days, i didn't expect 58 to survive, so there's that.

now i'm thinking up a big finale bigger then what the DM might have had planned...to evaporate or likewise remove all bodies of water from the planet, including ofc the ocean itself.
however this is something im not entirely sure how to handle, and i bring this challenge forward so we can talk about it.

firstly here's the parameters, you can use 135 characters, max level for them will be 16, and the DM allows tiny breaches in DnD rules to create amazing results, as long as everyone is having fun.
oh and don't mention pun pun builds or likewise, lets be creative shall we?

PS: we're doing this as a sort of finale, as we go away from 3.5 to explore many other systems, there's too many to keep 3.5 going for a while.

one method i can think of is opening permenent Portals, with that method(and tons of math) opening them to the Plane of fire (deep in the lakes of magma) it should be possible in 141.000 years if we open 62 portals at ones, that takes 75 days(both sides), we can reduce this by keeping up the good job, still a little slow however, and making portals is a used trick...
this trick however does not take into consideration the sheer implication of importing such large quantities of lava, heating up the planet and so on, so its likely much less then 1000 years...

oh also found out Create water can also remove water, its by far too slow however, it would take 3000 trillion years. (but this method would actually "remove" the water, not convert it into steam or plasma.
by the way, my measurement for success is Earth's amount of water.

AlanBruce
2017-11-29, 03:38 AM
I am sure there will be far better suggestions than mine, but if you want to get rid of the planet's ocean and you have so many high level characters each with presumably individual 16th level wealth, then just have them buy Dust of Dryness...a lot of it.

By the levels you are taking about, the item should not be expensive at all- 850 gold a pop. Have your friends/minions summon creatures to help spreading the dust all over the planet.

Once the dust has soaked up 100 gallons per use, it will turn into a small pebble holding the water. Have your team gather the thousands/ millions of pebbles required to snuff the ocean's water and then open portals to various planes, dropping the pebbles there and closing the portals.

It's not the most efficient route. It will take a long time and will be pricey in the long run, but if you have crafters in your midst and a lot of patience, it should be doable in theory.

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-11-29, 09:24 AM
nice suggestion, slight trouble getting enough to suck up all water on earth, but 260k starter equipment gold * 135 could carry that a long way, make them into crafters and raid gold like a mad man and a steady production could easily be maintained...good idea :D

TalonOfAnathrax
2017-11-29, 02:28 PM
If you're willing to optimise, how about optimising Knowledge skills like crazy and then using Polymorph Any Object and Time Stop to make large amounts of antimatter and then plane shift away while everything explodes?

Jowgen
2017-11-29, 03:06 PM
I'd suggest making use of Voidstone in the spirit of my arsenal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?480986-The-Voidstone-Arsenal-For-when-you-really-want-stuff-gone); albeit adapted for this purpose. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking a sort of sink drain at the bottom of the ocean.

Step 1: construct a large under-water dome using something like Coral Growth at the deepest part of the ocean. Make it water-tight, not to mention pressure resistant).

Step 2: Get the water out of your dome using dust of dryness or somesuch.

Step 3: Somewhere in the centre of the dome, 40 ft off the ground, place a Unhallow spell and tie a Flash Freeze spell to it.

Step 4: Cover the floor of the dome in as much Voidstone as you can fit on there, using some variety of magic to make sure it stays in place. Also, don't get killed handling the stuff.

Step 5: Open up a hole at the top of your dome (e.g. Dispel the Coral Growth there).

Step 6: Watch as water rushes in, gets frozen into solid ice as it falls throught the Hallow with Flash Freeze, and then gets turned into nothing as it hits the Voidstone floor.

Step 7: repeat 1-6 in several other locations to speed things along. Given enough time, the oceaons will drain.

The speed at which the Voidstone can clear the falling ice will determine how big of a hole you'll want to create in step 5. By RAW, the voidstone will never run out of "charge"; but your DM may well ad-hoc some wear & tear; so do ensure your set-up allows for maintainance.

X_TheLostOne_X
2017-11-30, 08:33 PM
oh my, now there's an example of something that can be scaled up greatly.
my god...now that is one dangerous substance, perhaps this thing can even kill that nasty super bad guy we're having trouble with...or at least weaken him.