PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

Nomrom
2007-08-19, 10:53 PM
Well, I suppose it's getting about time to announce this. I've made mention to it before, but I'll put it out there now.

On Monday of next week, I will be leaving for the next two years to serve a mission for my church in the Dominican Republic. During this time, I will not have access to a computer or the internet, and will not be able to come here. I know I haven't been here that long, but I think I've kind of gotten to know people here, and I know I'm going to miss these forums. I think I would have died of boredom this summer if I didn't have this place to come to. I hope I haven't offended anyone in my time here, and know that if I did, it was most likely on accident, since I can't think of anyone here I dislike enough to purposefully insult. I hope when I come back some of you will still be here, and I'll be able to rejoin the community.

Actually, quick question for a mod, or anyone else who knows. Do accounts get deleted after a certain time of inactivity? Cause I'd like for this account to still be around when I get back.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-19, 10:56 PM
I don't think accounts get deleted for inactivity, but I'm not a mod so I wouldn't know.

Have fun on your trip. I like your posts, and hope you get back before too long.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-19, 10:56 PM
I've never even heard mention of accounts being deleted due to inactivity, so I'd say you're safe.

Goodbye, be safe, we'll be here when you get back. :smallcool:

Vonriel
2007-08-20, 12:15 AM
I don't know if they do get deleted for inactivity or not, but I do know that mine was inactive for probably 10-11 months and was still here, so. *shrug*

Enjoy yourself, watch out for hurricanes.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-20, 12:18 AM
They don't. I've seen posters come back after over a year or even two of inactivity. You're good.

And bye. *hugs* Never really got to know you outside of maybe a couple of times in RB, but I always did like your posts. I know I'll miss you, even so and hopefully I'll still be here the summer of '09.

Lord Herman
2007-08-20, 01:49 AM
Good luck, Nomrom. You've never offended me, and I hope you'll come back some day. Don't get eaten by... well, whatever eats people in the Dominican Republic.

Ichneumon
2007-08-20, 01:59 AM
Bye! We will mis you! Good Luck with whatever you are going to do.:smallsmile:

Jack Squat
2007-08-20, 08:02 AM
To all the people who say that accounts haven't been deleted due to inactivity, technically all the zero post accounts were deleted during the server switch. It's a moot point, but still...

Anyways, good luck in DR Nomrom. And stay safe; I've heard it's not the nicest place to be.

Ceres
2007-08-20, 08:41 AM
No way I can convince you to convert to atheism so you can stay? :smalltongue:

Nah, just kidding. I hope you'll have two great years, and feel that you have helped change the world for the better when you're done :smallsmile:

Zar Peter
2007-08-20, 09:47 AM
Stay save, good luck and have a good time!

I will mention you sometimes in Who's Next :smallbiggrin:

Skippy
2007-08-20, 10:54 AM
Same here. You will be remembered, and we will wait for your return. SMBG will miss you, you're quite a good player!!

Missions are really a cool thing, I participated at them during three years (It's almost five years since I first went into one!!) and I really hope you enjoy this chance to prove your faith. (I'm not getting into any religious discussion here ok?) May the Triforce be with you!!

Artemician
2007-08-20, 10:58 AM
I haven't had the opportunity to really get to know you (as is the case with the majority of posters here, really), but from your posts, you seem like a really swell guy.

Best wishes with your endeavour, and good luck, matey.

Kitya
2007-08-20, 12:56 PM
Have a wonderful time, and I'll be sure to make a post every time the Longhorns beat yer Aggies. :smallbiggrin:

Logic
2007-08-20, 03:45 PM
Good luck, Nomrom. You've never offended me, and I hope you'll come back some day. Don't get eaten by... well, whatever eats people in the Dominican Republic.

The chupacabra? No, that eats goats. In Mexico. Or is it Puerto Rico?

Bye Nomrom. You were among the posters I could readily identify, so your presence will be missed.

Dr._Weird
2007-08-20, 04:06 PM

I think they have grues there. Stay inside when it gets dark, Nomrom!

I hope to see you when you get back, though I dunno if I'll be here. After all, I lost interest in this place for a while, and I've just recently started posting actively again, so who knows.

See ya!

Arameus
2007-08-20, 04:22 PM
*puts hand on shoulder* You're doin' God's work, son.

Always wanted to say that. But you seriously are. I've been on missions before, but never so far and certainly never for so long. It's a marvelous example of faith in action, and a powerful testament to His love.

I'll miss you, buddy! Gig 'em, Aggies!

Malic
2007-08-20, 04:25 PM
Good luck and be safe. And just remember when you come back you'll have about 2 year's of catching up to do so that's always a plus.

Chunklets
2007-08-20, 04:26 PM
Have a great time in the DR, Nomrom! We'll keep a seat warm for you here!

banjo1985
2007-08-21, 02:57 AM
Have a good time on your mission, the SBMG crew will be waiting for you when you return!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-21, 09:22 AM
Good luck!! Hope everything goes well for you.

WampaX
2007-08-21, 10:05 AM
Actually, quick question for a mod, or anyone else who knows. Do accounts get deleted after a certain time of inactivity? Cause I'd like for this account to still be around when I get back.

Nope, don't think we have done an account purge before and I don't think we are planning to. So as long as you remember your password, you should be able to get in just fine.

Charity
2007-08-21, 10:14 AM
Didn't you kill off a load of accounts during the big move?
I could have sworn...

Volug
2007-08-21, 10:18 AM
Cool! my Uncle went on a mission there!

i dont know much of the details however, since it was a couple years ago when i heard the story. So i dont have much advice:smallfrown: .

Good Luck, i've heard that these things change peoples lives!

durrem
2007-08-21, 10:58 AM
Actually, my account that I had signed up for, but messed up completing registration on was deleted. It let me reregister it after the forum switch. I'm not sure that counts as an account, though.

North
2007-08-21, 11:25 AM
Good luck and safe travels Nomrom. No computer or internet for two years... wow. Thats a sacrifice! Hope you have a great time.

WampaX
2007-08-21, 01:37 PM
Didn't you kill off a load of accounts during the big move?
I could have sworn...

I believe those accounts had 0 posts and were considered dead weight.

zeratul
2007-08-21, 04:19 PM
Come home safe Nomrom, and have a good time!

MandibleBones
2007-08-21, 05:01 PM
Stay safe, Nomrom. There's a couple more people from Texas (myself and my Aggie girl) who'll be thinking of you while you're gone.

Can you get snail-mail where you're going? Do you know your address?

And even in the middle of nowhere, computers are sometimes available - drop us a line now and again to let us know you're alive, if you can!

SDF
2007-08-21, 05:32 PM
Good luck, I know lots of people that left for missions (I live in Idaho, go figure) In fact I called one of my best friends ever the other day, who I hadn't seen or heard from in about half a year and his dad picks up the phone and says, "Brett, has been on a mission for the last several months." Which is really strange because as far as I know, he didn't have a religion.:smalleek:

FdL
2007-08-21, 05:56 PM
Hey, take care and have a nice experience. The forum will be around for when you come back, and so will its people. So good luck with that, Nomrom!

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 06:37 PM
I wish you a good 2 years in the Dominican Republic.

Eldpollard
2007-08-21, 06:39 PM
Hey good luck. My friend will be doing the same sort of thing soon as well.

Midnight Son
2007-08-21, 08:40 PM
Good luck, have fun, and may you cause your pres as many headaches as I caused mine.:smallbiggrin:

We'll look forward to your return.

Nibleswick
2007-08-21, 10:19 PM
Good luck, come back a better person, and have fun Brother Nomrom.

Nomrom
2007-08-21, 11:03 PM
Stay safe, Nomrom. There's a couple more people from Texas (myself and my Aggie girl) who'll be thinking of you while you're gone.

Can you get snail-mail where you're going? Do you know your address?

And even in the middle of nowhere, computers are sometimes available - drop us a line now and again to let us know you're alive, if you can!

We'll have access to computers (usually), but they're only for e-mailing family members. No other computer use. Everyone else is contacted by mail. If anyone really wants my address, I suppose you can PM me and I'll give it to you. And in the DR it really is snail-mail. It takes like four weeks each way.