PDA

View Full Version : Try this Goblin Whip

Rogozhin
2017-11-29, 04:00 PM
My party failed to find this whip hidden under a pile of bat guano in a long abandoned Goblin lair. Do you think they're missing out? Would your party want this?

Whip of Khurgorbaeyag. This is a very long whip that has been dyed in red and yellow stripes. +2 whip, reach 15 ft. On a hit the target is grappled (DC 15 escape). On the wielder’s next turn they can perform one of the following as a bonus action: Release The target is released from the grapple. Trip The target becomes prone. Reel The target moves 5 ft. towards the wielder. Requires attunement.

Easy_Lee
2017-11-29, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that's a busted whip. Escaping a grapple takes an action. Being able to do that as part of an attack with no save or size limit will trivialize many encounters.

Unoriginal
2017-11-29, 04:07 PM
My party failed to find this whip hidden under a pile of bat guano in a long abandoned Goblin lair. Do you think they're missing out? Would your party want this?

Whip of Khurgorbaeyag. This is a very long whip that has been dyed in red and yellow stripes. +2 whip, reach 15 ft. On a hit the target is grappled (DC 15 escape). On the wielder’s next turn they can perform one of the following as a bonus action: Release The target is released from the grapple. Trip The target becomes prone. Reel The target moves 5 ft. towards the wielder. Requires attunement.

It's pretty good, why was it left behind by the goblins?

lunaticfringe
2017-11-29, 04:12 PM
Seems solid, though I would slap a size limit on it & make Reel drag the target 10 feet. 5ft just seems weird to me.

krugaan
2017-11-29, 04:33 PM
As currently written, it appears that the whip can still attack while grappling something.

If intentional, that's extra super broken.

nickl_2000
2017-11-29, 05:00 PM
As currently written, it appears that the whip can still attack while grappling something.

If intentional, that's extra super broken.

Really, it fits the image I had after reading the title. A long rope with a goblin attached on the end that you bludgeon people with

krugaan
2017-11-29, 05:04 PM
Really, it fits the image I had after reading the title. A long rope with a goblin attached on the end that you bludgeon people with

I was imagining a red and yellow tentacle beast grappling a bunch of goblins in schoolgirl outfits.

I'll, uh ... see myself out now.