PDA

View Full Version : Vampire-like Classes?

Dr. Cliché
2017-11-29, 07:43 PM
Bit of a weird question, but are there any classes that can gain comparable abilities to vampires or which have some sort of connection to a vampire?

Puh Laden
2017-11-29, 08:18 PM
The Undying Patron from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for a warlock would probably fit. Otherwise, the Fiend Patron's ability to get temp hp from downing creatures would thematically fit. Great Old One might work too.

Aett_Thorn
2017-11-29, 08:24 PM
A Str-based Valor Bard might work, if you use your Magical Secrets picks for Necromancy spells like Vampiric Touch and Animate Dead. Takes a while to get there, but the Bard's enchantment and illusion spells could work well for a Vampire.

Scathain
2017-11-29, 08:36 PM
If your DM allows, the Planeshift: Zendikar vampire race is pretty fun. It’s bite attack combines well with Hypnotic Gaze, the level 2 enchanter wizard ability. Even if the race is disallowed, incapacitating enemies with charming eyes gives a very vampiric vibe. Add vampiric touch spell and stir.

Aett_Thorn
2017-11-29, 08:45 PM
If your DM allows, the Planeshift: Zendikar vampire race is pretty fun. It’s bite attack combines well with Hypnotic Gaze, the level 2 enchanter wizard ability. Even if the race is disallowed, incapacitating enemies with charming eyes gives a very vampiric vibe. Add vampiric touch spell and stir.

Lizardfolk would sort of work as well, with their bite attack and once-per-rest 'vampiric' bite.

Legendairy
2017-11-29, 09:14 PM
I played a half elf sorcadin(conquest/shadow) and it had a nice vampire feel to it, darkness and fear! Suggestion was big on the “charm” front and most the spells were geared to feel vampirish. I modeled him after an uncommon anime vamp tho, Hellsing Ultimate’s Alucard.

clash
2017-11-29, 10:18 PM
Possibly fiendlock. They have a sort of life drain

Iden Elric
2017-11-30, 09:23 PM
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that hasn't already been mentioned on this thread already, but I have been considering coming up with some homebrew content to make something to fit that vibe. I think it would be really interesting for a one-shot/themed-campaign to have the party all be pseudo vampire characters that must feed in order to survive/further their goals or even gain power.
Does anyone think this would be something worth putting the time into creating?