PDA

View Full Version : Help with spells

Yamatohekatsue
2017-11-30, 03:44 AM
OK I'm in a game with a pre-made character who is cross classed as a wizard 3/ sorcerer 3 I know that most of the spells appears on both their list and that wizards can add spells to their spell book so I was wondering if I have a spell like magic middle from a scroll and add it to my spell book, can I cast it will a sorcerer spell slot? Or only with wizard spell slots?

If I can't can someone explain why
If I have to do something else to cast can someone explain why.

Basicly I'm trying to learn spells as a wizard and use the more spells by day that a sorcerer gets

weckar
2017-11-30, 04:54 AM
For basically all purposes the spellcasting of both classes is entirely segregated.
What you are suggesting will not work.

That said, if you will be levelling this character up you're set up extremely well for Ultimate Magus.
Not an ideal entry, but still.

Yamatohekatsue
2017-11-30, 04:59 AM
OK thanks and no this is a true necromancer build using libris morbid and book of vile darkness for an epic fight the character is actually a lvl 20 wizard cleric true necromancer archmage using an artifact to gain sorcerer spells and spell slots that are necromancy school only I just wanted to check if the sorcerer and wizard stuff stacked because I've never done that before

Yamatohekatsue
2017-11-30, 05:13 AM
My character is using a split build of 7 level wizard, 1 cleric, 9 true necromancer, 3 archmage with the book of vile darkness's unholy regalia to make his cleric level count as level 15 for spells and turning, and an artifact the name I can't remember and I'm not home to look it up but it let's my level count as levels of sorcerer for the purpose of spells effectively giving me we powers of a level 17 wizard, 15 cleric, and 20 sorcerer.

weckar
2017-11-30, 05:23 AM
Then why'd you say Wizard 3/ Sorcerer 3? :smallconfused:

Yamatohekatsue
2017-11-30, 05:26 AM
Because that still awnsered my question without having to add so much extra information and going super in detail

KillianHawkeye
2017-11-30, 02:55 PM
without having to add so much extra information and going super in detail

But you did that anyway? :smallconfused: