PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fey Foundling- is it really that good?

ArendK
2017-11-30, 08:20 AM
So lately I've been seeing the Fey Foundling feat recommended a lot lately. Personally, I found it to be kind of "meh", but I'm thinking I must be missing something about it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Hellpyre
2017-11-30, 08:27 AM
The bonus healing per dice is pretth nice for a paladin, and the save bonus is relevent at higher levels. Since the downside is basically nonexistant, it more or less is 2 okay feats for the price of one. Not OP by any means, but solid.

weckar
2017-11-30, 09:25 AM
The downside is not being able to pick another 1st level only feat. Just saiyan.

Geddy2112
2017-11-30, 09:29 AM
It is not the worst feat in the game, but it is nothing special for most builds.

As said, paladins by far make the best use of it, as do life oracles, as does the oradin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?257365-PF-Oradin-Mini-Guide-Or-How-to-be-a-Healbot-minus-the-bot) and any version thereof.

NightbringerGGZ
2017-11-30, 09:31 AM
It's a really good feat for the preferred healer builds of Oradin (a Life Oracle/Paladin mix) or a Life Oracle with the Pei Zin Practitioner archetype. Both of these builds rely using the Life Link mystery to sacrifice your own HP and immediately heal up allies. To keep yourself alive you make use of Lay on Hands as a swift action to heal yourself, combined with the occasional cure spell or channel energy in emergencies. This feat increases your self healing from LoH by about 57% and it also comes into play when you heal yourself with spells or channeled energy.

These builds are popular b/c in addition to being an excellent healer you also have the chassis and resources to fill other party rolls. Both classes can serve as a party face, the Paladin can be an effective combatant and Oracle still has an excellent selection of spells to toss out.

Florian
2017-11-30, 09:32 AM
So lately I've been seeing the Fey Foundling feat recommended a lot lately. Personally, I found it to be kind of "meh", but I'm thinking I must be missing something about it. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Its pretty good for builds centered around swift/free action healing expressed in a lot of dice and relatively few fixed values, like Paladin, Oradin, Life Oracle and such.