PDA

View Full Version : Potion or spell for mass mind control

Vicdiesel
2017-11-30, 11:03 AM
Hey all-

Long time lurker, new GM and 1st poster here. I’d like to get some feedback/ suggestions.

So I’m GMing a home brewed campaign where there’s one faction/ army that their sole mission is to capture all arcane users and subjugate them.

I want the leaders of this faction to keep the captured arcane users under their control through a spell or poison/ potion.... but it would need to affect about 20-50 targets. Not sure if there is a potion/ poison or spell that will accomplish this. I was thinking a spell of charming, or rod of ruling.

Would this be something reasonable? And if so, would I have to homebrew this type of spell or potion/ poison?

Oerlaf
2017-11-30, 12:47 PM
There is mass suggestion spell that lasts for 24 hours and does not require concentration. It is a 6th level spell on Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard spell lists.

You suggest a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two) and magically influence up to twelve creatures of your choice that you can see within range and that can hear and understand you. Creatures that can’t be charmed are immune to this effect.

That's not quite the effect because it doesn't give precisely what you want to, so another closest thing is to homebrew Mass Dominate Person. I would give it a 7th level and put on Bard, Sorcerer and Wizard list, and I would also allow it to affect up to twelve creatures.

Crgaston
2017-11-30, 01:24 PM
Depending on the degree of subjugation required, Geas could work. Just one at a time, but if they’re captured, no biggie.