PDA

View Full Version : Player Help PotA filling party gaps

CeriPendragon
2017-11-30, 01:46 PM
Hey guys!

After several false starts my group is finally starting PotA next week, and as usual I’ve waited to write my character up intil the others were done so as to fill any gaps.

We have a melee heavy party thus far with:

Arcane Trickster
Vengence Paladin
Some sort of Fighter (not sure what he ended up doing)
Another rogue that will only be there occasionally
And finally a Circle of Dreams Druid

My first thought was some sort of blaster/buffer but I don’t want to be dropping fireballs on the heads of all our melee folks.

Is there some sort of close range support/blaster build I could go with to take advantage of the Paladin’s aura? Or anything else that would cover all of our bases?

Starting at level 5, everyone gets a feat at level 1, stats are
6/14/16/11/16/13 (We rolled).

Thanks!

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-11-30, 03:40 PM
Wizard or Lore Bard to give your party more magic. FWIW, I think a Wizard will do more easy damage. Lore Bards are more fun though and catch ppl by surprise after level 6 especially.

Nidgit
2017-11-30, 03:57 PM
^^this. Your party is light on pure magic builds and those two offer the best spell variety.

If you really want to be closer to the action, Swords Bard or Shadow Sorceror could both be pretty good too. If those rolls are in order, play a Light or Knowledge Cleric.

CeriPendragon
2017-11-30, 04:17 PM
^^this. Your party is light on pure magic builds and those two offer the best spell variety.

If you really want to be closer to the action, Swords Bard or Shadow Sorceror could both be pretty good too. If those rolls are in order, play a Light or Knowledge Cleric.

Nope not in order! Just how I have them written down. Thank you both for the suggestions though. I haven’t played a Wizard yet so I guess we’ll give it ago!

solidork
2017-11-30, 04:23 PM
Tempest Cleric is what comes immediately to mind when you say close range support/blaster.

opaopajr
2017-11-30, 05:22 PM
Pretty much cleric anything.

With Spirit Guardians, Spirit Weapon, and Sacred Flame you'll vomit forth blaster power with that much melee aggro to defend you. Also you can focus on party buffs, mob debuffs as needed. Oh, and then there's healing. Prep casting makes it a snap to switch up styles day by day.

Might I suggest the Healer feat? Seems redundant on a cleric, but now you're using money to mimic a Paladin's Lay on Hands. And the regular healing 1/rest is nice, too. Money is more plentiful than spell slots and HD at some point. More throughput for Bless, Bane, and stuff. :smallamused: