PDA

View Full Version : Epic Sa'axe Experience

steinmon1920518
2017-11-30, 03:33 PM
Hi guys,
GM NOTE: I recently created a specified weapon for my group (not for one character specifically, but as a sort of unique experience) called the Dwarven Sa'axe (credit to LotR youtube humor), combining a Dwarven Waraxe with a Saxophone, and used esspecially by Dwarven Bards (because the Dwarves couldn't stand Minotaurian Bellmace).
Noting this, I kept the stats for a Dwarven Waraxe, but I was curious what that might entail as far as cost and weight. Your expertise and opinions appreciated.

Inevitability
2017-11-30, 05:00 PM
Make it a weapon that simultaneously counts as a masterwork instrument. Add the prices and weight together, plus a small surplus for it taking up one rather than two hands, and you should be fine.

Avigor
2017-11-30, 10:38 PM
Depending on the design, I wouldn't necessarily stack the entirety of the two weights; I'd at least subtract some percentage or other (10%?) from the final total.

And are you sure it must be a Sa'axe, and not an Axe (put guitar strings on the axe head)? lol I've already been planning such for a 5e character for a while now.

steinmon1920518
2018-02-14, 06:48 PM
Sorry for the huge delay in response. I haven't been on in a while.

And are you sure it must be a Sa'axe, and not an Axe (put guitar strings on the axe head)? lol I've already been planning such for a 5e character for a while now.

A dwarf may make an Axe-Guitar, and a Half-Elf can use his rapier as his Violin bow (one of my old characters). This isn't a must have instrument-weapon combo, but it was something I wanted to set up in a NPC and as a future option for any further campaigns we did