PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Hex Warrior Question about Multiclassing with Two Weapon Fighting

CaptainRedbeard
2017-11-30, 04:00 PM
Hi all, I have a question about a Warlock multiclassing a class that grants the Two-Weapon Fighting style.

Hex Warrior lets me use Cha as my modifier for one weapon instead of Str or Dex, and TWF says I can apply my modifier to my off hand attack. I assume that for that off-hand strike, the ability modifier remains Str/Dex, and that Cha doesn't become the modifier that then can be applied, just because you used it for the first attack. This means TWF isn't useful for one level of Warlock. Is this correct?

However, at level 3 you can apply this to a pact weapon. My understanding is that the pact weapon can be separate from the weapon you already had for Hex Warrior, meaning you can now apply Cha as your modifier to two separate weapons, those being your pact weapon and another weapon that you touch once per day. Therefore TWF can work with Cha only starting at 3 levels of Warlock. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Mikal
2017-11-30, 04:18 PM
Hi all, I have a question about a Warlock multiclassing a class that grants the Two-Weapon Fighting style.

Hex Warrior lets me use Cha as my modifier for one weapon instead of Str or Dex, and TWF says I can apply my modifier to my off hand attack. I assume that for that off-hand strike, the ability modifier remains Str/Dex, and that Cha doesn't become the modifier that then can be applied, just because you used it for the first attack. This means TWF isn't useful for one level of Warlock. Is this correct?

However, at level 3 you can apply this to a pact weapon. My understanding is that the pact weapon can be separate from the weapon you already had for Hex Warrior, meaning you can now apply Cha as your modifier to two separate weapons, those being your pact weapon and another weapon that you touch once per day. Therefore TWF can work with Cha only starting at 3 levels of Warlock. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Correct. You can use Cha to hit/damage with two weapons once you have your pact weapon (pact weapon+touched/long rest). At that point, you can use Cha with the offhand weapon as long as it is your pact or touched/long rest weapon.

CaptainRedbeard
2017-11-30, 06:11 PM
Thanks! I appreciate it.