PDA

View Full Version : Domains of a Cleric of an Ascendant Dragon?

Mercurial
2017-11-30, 08:26 PM
So I want to play an unusual Cleric, and one option that leaped out at me is the Servant of the Dragon Ascendant Feat. I am curious as to how being a Cleric C+ dragon that has attained immortality differs from the usual cleric business. In particular I want to know what sort of Domains I could get from a LG Silver Dragon Ascendant. Cold, Law, Good, and Dragons I suppose? Also, is spending the Feat just so I can have an unusual patron really worth it?

ViperMagnum357
2017-11-30, 09:41 PM
A +1 Luck bonus 1/day is pretty paltry return for a feat, since there does not seem to be much advantage to taking such a dragon as a patron rather than any particular deity or worshiping yourself for the domains you want.

It seems more like a flavor feat, if anything. And I have no idea about domains-the Dragon Ascendant specifies Quasideity, so they did not bother to fill in anything about followers.

Buddy76
2017-12-01, 11:12 AM
Well, SRD says that silver dragons "Can also cast cleric spells and those from the Air, Good, Law, and Sun domains as arcane spells." So you could add Air and Sun to your list.