PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there any DSP VMC Content?

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-01, 12:45 AM
Just as the topic is written. Did Dreamscarred Press release any content at all related to the variant multi-class rules? or even a different 3pp for that matter? Curious if anything from PoW, Psychic, or Akashic content has any options like this.

Air0r
2017-12-01, 02:33 AM
not a thing. though I do sort of hope they do a book of things like that.

Ideally I'd also love for them to do more too, like maladies both psionics and akashic, drugs, poisons, drawbacks, etc.

angelpalm
2017-12-01, 02:50 AM
How would that even work I wonder?

Ideally I would consider the martial training feat lines to be fairly similar to vmc if the recovery mechanic wasn't so god awful. As it is now you can take that feat line and get maneuvers AND gain either the psionic subtype to qualify for some psionic feats or gain essense which might let you qualify for similar feats as well using Sleeping Goddess and Radiant Dawn. To get all the way to 6th level maneuvers would cost you 6 feats.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-01, 08:07 AM
How would that even work I wonder?

Ideally I would consider the martial training feat lines to be fairly similar to vmc if the recovery mechanic wasn't so god awful. As it is now you can take that feat line and get maneuvers AND gain either the psionic subtype to qualify for some psionic feats or gain essense which might let you qualify for similar feats as well using Sleeping Goddess and Radiant Dawn. To get all the way to 6th level maneuvers would cost you 6 feats.

Well the VMC system gives you the secondary class options in most cases, so you would not get martial arts or psychic powers, but instead it would look more like this

Warder
At third level, you gain the Aegis class feature treating your character level as your aegis level for the strength of the aura.

At seventh level you gain the Armiger’s Mark class feature, treating your character level as -4 for its effects.This usable a number of times per day = 1/2 your character level.

At eleventh level you gain the Tactical Acumen class feature using your Intelligence mod. The range of your Aegis aura also increases to 20 feet

At fifteenth level you gain the ability to issue a Grand Challenge with your Armiger’s Mark, using 2 of your daily uses. The save DC is 10 plus your level plus your intelligence mod.

At nineteenth level you gain the Stalwart class feature. The range of your Aegis aura also increases to 30ft.

However with the veilweaving system, it would give you like 2 or 3 veils and what matters more - a veil weaving level (for feats and other factors) as as of course some early ish binds. This one would be more tricky to make since you can imitate VMC with feats for this system, so the VMC has to be worth a bit more then the feats.

NomGarret
2017-12-01, 03:03 PM
You probably wouldn’t give veils for the Akashic classes. If so, it’s just to pad around the edges. Daevic gets a Passion and Resist Influence. Vizier gets Mystic attunement. Guru gets some combination of Gentle Touch, Sever the Flow, Chakra Disruption, and Seal Wounds. The Guru needs at least one point of essence for their abilities, so make sure they get one.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-01, 06:45 PM
You probably wouldn’t give veils for the Akashic classes. If so, it’s just to pad around the edges. Daevic gets a Passion and Resist Influence. Vizier gets Mystic attunement. Guru gets some combination of Gentle Touch, Sever the Flow, Chakra Disruption, and Seal Wounds. The Guru needs at least one point of essence for their abilities, so make sure they get one.

Thinking on it, I think you are right. They would not get veils, but they would get an essence pool in almost every case. Still, I think just due to how the Akashic classes are, getting a veil or 2 makes sense, or a veil and a bind for that veil with very limited selection or something as most Akashic classes all run on either veils or essence. Perhaps one veil to their unique slot or something only since you cant get that via a feat?

The Shadowmind
2017-12-02, 01:17 AM
Thinking on it, I think you are right. They would not get veils, but they would get an essence pool in almost every case. Still, I think just due to how the Akashic classes are, getting a veil or 2 makes sense, or a veil and a bind for that veil with very limited selection or something as most Akashic classes all run on either veils or essence. Perhaps one veil to their unique slot or something only since you cant get that via a feat?

A Rajah VMC might give access to Titles, and Essene, but doesn't give the ability to bind the Titles, merely adding them to the class list for someone with Vizier levels or the like.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-02, 06:22 AM
A Rajah VMC might give access to Titles, and Essene, but doesn't give the ability to bind the Titles, merely adding them to the class list for someone with Vizier levels or the like.

The rajah for sure will get heraldries, and that is exactly why I want a rajah VMC :3