PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder- build help- BBEG

elanfanboy
2017-12-01, 05:31 PM
Need help statting out a BBEG intended to take out level 10 PCs, want him to be a anti-paladin/cleric of asmodeus, i'm thinking that i want to use fire/trickery domains but i'm open to anything.

Geddy2112
2017-12-02, 10:35 AM
If you want the BBEG to take out the party, just make them much higher level or Fiat it.

Solo, a bbeg is not that big of a threat, unless they are so much higher level they can roflstomp the party, but even then they are one unlucky save away from a save or lose...Make them 11-12 level, but give them mooks so the party does not overwhelm them with action economy.

Fire is not a great domain but at 12th level resistance 20 helps a lot, unless you know the party won't use fire magic at all. Trickery is fantastic and your BBEG should probably keep copycat up every round for protection. The spells will largely be from trickery as they are just better, but fire shield is a good opening cast. It gives evasion and half damage against cold, buffing your BBEG against 2 elements. If the party is grouped, opening with confusion is probably the strongest bet. The BBEG needs nondetection up, and consider using invisibility and summoning monsters in subsequent rounds. If you want a cleric, you can also nuke them with negative channeled energy(although this is not all that strong), focusing on casting DC's, or go with melee. Too many options to stat up.

Beyond domains, there are a lot of good spells a cleric should have on readying for such a fight, so make sure to buff them up.

noob
2017-12-02, 11:04 AM
Create a prestige antipaladin class.(the same as prestige paladin but as an antipaladin)
Then make a cleric taking two levels in the prestige antipaladin class but not more.(no feature other than the anti version of divine grace is worth it)
No class did override the 3.5 prestige paladin so technically you are allowed to use it in pathfinder.(if you are the game master)

elanfanboy
2017-12-03, 09:29 PM
Thanks, but what domain would you siggest in place of fire?

ATHATH
2017-12-03, 10:12 PM
What is your party playing?

Do you want to kill them, or do you just want to make a difficult challenge for them?

Geddy2112
2017-12-03, 10:20 PM
Like I said, fire is not a bad choice, but it only really shines if your party is bringing fire/cold damage to the fight.

A cleric of this level could cast resist energy against every energy type you would expect, and resist 30 is pretty strong. Magic is stronger for the dispel touch, and law/evil really only shine if the party is chaotic/good respectively. Trickery will be all but 1 or 2 of the domain spells and eating most of the powers anyways, so the second domain is more icing on the cake.

You could even consider an archetype that eschews a second domain.

emeraldstreak
2017-12-03, 10:33 PM
Need help statting out a BBEG intended to take out level 10 PCs, want him to be a anti-paladin/cleric of asmodeus, i'm thinking that i want to use fire/trickery domains but i'm open to anything.

Anti-paladins must be CE, while clerics of Asmodeus can be, at most, NE.

Frankly, the anti-paladin's CE Code of Conduct is plain stupid, and Pathfinder shouldn't have removed the Blackguard.

ATHATH
2017-12-03, 11:00 PM

Frankly, the anti-paladin's CE Code of Conduct is plain stupid, and Pathfinder shouldn't have removed the Blackguard.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin/archetypes/paizo-antipaladin-archetypes/tyrant-antipaladin-archetype/

Geddy2112
2017-12-03, 11:29 PM

Also this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin/archetypes/paizo-antipaladin-archetypes/insinuator-antipaladin-archetype/) for your pragmatic antipaladin types.

emeraldstreak
2017-12-03, 11:35 PM
What happened to placing archetypes into neat tables...

elanfanboy
2017-12-04, 06:53 AM
I'm perfectly fine with breaking through the allignment barrier, and i might just give blackguard a try.

I'm not trying to kill them, just make it easy for them to kill them.

Fire domain won't help because our main caster is a druid, with a summoner just below, neither of which like fire spells.