PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for sources of Wild Shape

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-01, 09:36 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/energized-wild-shape/

I see a whole lot of potential with this feat, but im not a druid kinda person. Counting 3pp content (DSP most of all), as well as playtests, what classes and archetypes get access to wild shape, or class features/feats that count as wild shape as well?

Wartex1
2017-12-01, 09:46 PM
Feral Hunter (Hunter) gets Wild Shape, and then of course there's the new Paizo Shifter class, which depending on who you ask, either sucks harder than anything Paizo has ever produced or is passable.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-01, 11:34 PM
Feral Hunter (Hunter) gets Wild Shape, and then of course there's the new Paizo Shifter class, which depending on who you ask, either sucks harder than anything Paizo has ever produced or is passable.

Well... I have extensive knowledge of a lot of pathfinder content. I can make it work, but I can do the same things to just about any other related class and make it far better, so I am not a fan myself. The high bab and wisdom to AC are its only strong points from a building perspective.

Defensive Instinct has some stacking potential but does not work with the monks version of it. Still, I can see it work with various other archetypes that add wisdom to ac, so I will keep an eye out for that.

quite honestly, if I could change one thing about the class, I would add in that it gets 2 claw attacks with every Irritative attack instead of the normal 1 attack, and give it one extra claw attack that works with TWF (but does not stack with normal attacks). That would make me want to play around with it a bit more.

EldritchWeaver
2017-12-02, 12:06 PM
Since you are interested in 3PP, I'd give Spheres of Power a look. It has a sphere called Alteration, which only deals with shapechange. Every class capable of casting can take it, but not all classes are necessarily suited for it. The one class specializing in shapeshifting is called Shifter (no relation to the Paizo one). Or you could use the conversion archetype for the druid. Depending on why you don't like the druid, the conversion might remove your objections.

stack
2017-12-02, 12:12 PM
Alteration sphere won't count as wildshape for that feat by default.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-02, 07:23 PM
Gonna be honest, I glanced over SoP and SoM, but its a little over my head atm. I will dive into it more at a later date, but it does seem to have a concept I like down.

Currently I am working on making my own content to add to pathfinder too, aiming for a vision I have at where Pathfinder can go, fixing some of what I feel are issues with the system in the process by creating the classes I am making differently. Sadly, I have nowhere near the money to pay for an IP lawyer, so I will just have to be very careful about the process and hope for the best. What started as a couple class ideas is very rapidly turning into almost a full on book <_<

NightbringerGGZ
2017-12-02, 08:11 PM
Druid and Shifter are your primary options. You can also go with the Primal Hunter archetype of the Hunter or the Serpent Herald and Totemic Skald archetypes of the Skald.

Druid is probably the strongest option due to having the most flexibility in terms of what you can wild shape into, 9th level spell casting and an animal companion or domain choice.

Hunter is also strong, with 6th level spell casting and an animal companion along with with some self-buffing. You're limited to shifting into animals only, but get more skills than the Druid and can have a bit more of a combat focus.

Shifter limits you to shifting into some very specific animals, but the options are good. This class is almost entirely focused at combat, but with proper builds you will tear through enemies.

Skald is going to be the most limited in terms of what you can shift into, so read the archetypes. If you're ok with those limitations this is a very good class for buffing other players.

EldritchWeaver
2017-12-03, 09:24 AM
Alteration sphere won't count as wildshape for that feat by default.

True, but you can get the same effect (energy resistance) at least.