PDA

View Full Version : OotS/OotS-inspired Characters in Your Games

kpenguin
2007-08-20, 06:58 AM
Do you have any Order of the Stick characters or characters inspired by Order of the Stick characters in your games?

For myself, one of the games I'm DMing has a player whose favorite character is V and is playing an elf wizard. Coincidence? I think not. Also, the NPC they're working for, a high-level cleric, has a pet cat named Mr. Scruffy.

In another game, half of the party was named by a player that introduced OotS to a couple months ago. Their names are usually anagrams and parodies of OotS names. Leyah Moontwinkle the female human rogue, for example.

Kesnit
2007-08-20, 09:19 AM
I made Durkon and Haley clones in D&D Tactics. Don't think I'll use Durkon (since I liked the pre-made cleric better), but I will probably pick up Haley shortly.

DraPrime
2007-08-20, 04:41 PM
I once made a Belkar clone. He is so fun to play. Nothing owns quite like a crazy, hateful, and awesome halfling with 2 daggers.

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-20, 04:51 PM
In my current game there's a gender-ambiguous character named Varabona, so the other players naturally refer to him/her as V. No other similarities to the OotS character though.

(Psst..... Kesnit..... it's Inigo Montoya, not Indigo.......)

Ted_Stryker
2007-08-20, 07:16 PM
I have convinced one of my friends that wanted to run a ninja character to make it a ninja waitress in an occasional, episodic campaign that I play in when I make it up to Seattle. Good times ensued; the PCs are fun to run, if a bit on the *ahem* amoral side, and the DM just totally rolls with it. So far...

TroyXavier
2007-08-20, 09:43 PM
Well I do have my Miko inspired
Monk 2/Ex-Paladin 1/Blackguard 10/Assassin 7

boomwolf
2007-08-21, 03:34 PM
a favor for psyco monster races counts? (the kobold thingy)
or the fact i had some uniquely dumb characters? (i had a gnoll druid that nearly died from chewing himself on his sleep...)
or my all-favorite rogue/assassin? (one of my friends cant tell an assassin and a ninja apart due. he switches them all the time...)

Mr.Ace
2007-08-21, 05:33 PM
A well-known computer game, Neverwinter Nights has a building program which lets you make your own levels, and I have done that... Yet I have found very little matching faces to the proud OotS characters. :smallfrown:

Daimbert
2007-08-21, 05:54 PM
A well-known computer game, Neverwinter Nights has a building program which lets you make your own levels, and I have done that... Yet I have found very little matching faces to the proud OotS characters. :smallfrown:

If computer games count, I created an OotS party in Wizardry 8 (I substituted Miko for Belkar, though ... couldn't think of a good way to build Belkar and I liked Miko better anyway). V is the top killer in the party, followed by Roy.

Palthera
2007-08-21, 06:04 PM
I am DMing a campaign in which half the party are "monsters". But I've never liked the "Good and evil" mix of parties. Paladin has detect evil, why doesn't he just smite the 1st level evil person before anything even starts? So I don't allow evil characters in a "good" campaign.

We have a dwarven cleric in one game that is like Durkon, only in dendritic armour and not nearly so smart...