PDA

View Full Version : Eye of Gruumsh and an elf

CleaveOfCleaves
2017-12-02, 03:02 PM
A friend is starting a campaign and I really want to play an orc that worships Gruumsh, as well as most likely going into the Eye Of Gruumsh prestige class. Another player wants to be an elf. We will be meeting for the first time in session 1 under the purpose of monster hunting for money. My question is, Can I be an eye of Gruumsh with an elf on my side? I can dislike him but would it be going against Gruumsh to even work with an elf? Should I just go another route?

Blackhawk748
2017-12-02, 03:05 PM
A friend is starting a campaign and I really want to play an orc that worships Gruumsh, as well as most likely going into the Eye Of Gruumsh prestige class. Another player wants to be an elf. We will be meeting for the first time in session 1 under the purpose of monster hunting for money. My question is, Can I be an eye of Gruumsh with an elf on my side? I can dislike him but would it be going against Gruumsh to even work with an elf? Should I just go another route?

No, just be a Chaotic Neutral version of a Gruumsh follower, so a pragmatist.

CleaveOfCleaves
2017-12-02, 03:13 PM
No, just be a Chaotic Neutral version of a Gruumsh follower, so a pragmatist.

Can you elaborate? What was the no towards?

Inevitability
2017-12-02, 03:34 PM
Since eyes of Gruumsh seek to avenge Corellon Larethian's insult to their deity, most are so obsessed with the destruction of elves that they attack any elven community on sight. Inspired by their leaders' rage, other orcs often throw themselves heedlessly at elven hordes.

Note the bolded part. It's perfectly possible to be an Eye of Gruumsh whose response to anything remotely elven doesn't involve putting his prerequisite feats to use. Such a character would be rare, but that's never held back a player.

CleaveOfCleaves
2017-12-02, 03:44 PM
Note the bolded part. It's perfectly possible to be an Eye of Gruumsh whose response to anything remotely elven doesn't involve putting his prerequisite feats to use. Such a character would be rare, but that's never held back a player.

That is all I need to make a case. You sir are fantastic. Thanks

Inevitability
2017-12-02, 04:58 PM
That is all I need to make a case. You sir are fantastic. Thanks

You're welcome!

Baby Gary
2017-12-02, 10:53 PM
You're welcome!

did you mean You're Welcome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM)?