PDA

View Full Version : Initiator School Mix Idea - looking for Opinons

GrayDeath
2017-12-03, 03:55 PM
Hello you all!

I am at the moment preparing our long unused homebrew setting for ressuming being played some time coming spring.

Until now there were no Initiators (the other Designer did not want them and after long discussions I agreed), but thats in the past.

We have already decided on making classes (not gonna post the exact mechanics, both because they are not yet out of beta and because it has not much bearing for the question). So yes, mainly I am asking for YOUR opinion the fluffwise best fitting Schools, but of course we do not want them to be redundant/suck mechanically ^^

The Three Classes: (all have full bab btw).

The Sword Eccentric: Focussed exclusively on using one or 2 swords, mobility and some tricks. The archetypical unarmored Asian Swordman" version. Cannot be lawful, is almost always either Good or Evil, only wield swords, proud, self sufficient, eccentric (duh^^). The most versatile/Skilled of the three, as he has to be, given no armor and only swords...

The Oathwarden: Effectively our Paladin Variant. Always lawful, always serving both an ideal and a Lord, fully armored, many defensive abilities, can channel his oaths to increase a lot of stuff when defending his liege/his principle.
The Tank of the three, if not purely so.

The Blind Warrior: Always blind, gains BLindsight and scent in varying/increasing degree, can create darkness and later on resist/ignore Damage he cannot perceive (solipsism ahoi^^), all Saves high. The most openly supernatural (especially senses/Defenses/Attacks) of them.

Now the question is: if we allow the classes to pick from a total of 4 Schools each (5 for the Sword Eccentric): How should we spread them among ToB and PoW Schools (and before you ask, yes, both must in theory be allowed, as we are aiming for as full a 3.p experience as possible).

I already have some thoughts, see the spoiler if you really want to, but would be really greatful for many suggestions (and of course the reasoning behind them).

Sword Eccentric: Diamond Mind, Shadow Hand, Crimson Throne, Elemental Flux and either Black Seraph or Silver Crane, depending on the Alignment

Oathwarden: iron heart, Devoted Spirit, Eternal Guardian, Iron Tortoise

Blind Warrior: Diamond Mind,Iron heart , Riven Hourglass, Mithral Current

Thanks in advance for providing Opinions!

Elricaltovilla
2017-12-03, 05:31 PM
This might be better served in the Homebrew subforum. Although I'm not sure what help they can give you as I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for.