PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get extra hands

The Gilded Duke
2007-08-20, 11:10 AM
Right now I'm looking on different ways to get as many hands as possible. If they are claws they also must be usable as hands for what I have in mind. I'm trying to work on a soulbow who uses multi-weapon fighting.

So far Thri-keen seems like a good base for it, but I am sure there are ways to get even more hands quicker.

TheLogman
2007-08-20, 11:23 AM
I believe the Blessing of the Grillion is a spell that grants extra arms, and since I think its a spell, it can be made into an item as well.

The Gilded Duke
2007-08-20, 11:44 AM
Know what book or spelllist that one is in?

TheLogman
2007-08-20, 05:03 PM
3rd Level Spell I believe, from Savage Species. It lasts 10 minutes per level, it is on both the Cleric and Wiz/Sorc spell lists, is a transmutation spell, and has verbal, somatic, and material components.

It would cost around 30,000 gp for a Use-Activated ring of Girallon's blessing, 6,000 gp if that ring had only 1 use per day, and it's 750 gp per potion of Girallon's blessing.

Feralgeist
2007-08-20, 05:14 PM
or, a much cheaper and easier way, get it permanencied.

TheLogman
2007-08-20, 06:02 PM
That would cost more than the ring with three uses a day, but if you wanna walk around with that many hands all the time, the DM approves, there's a Wizard/Cleric of THAT high a level, and you need the hands at all times, perming it would be a wise decision.

The Glyphstone
2007-08-20, 06:33 PM
Until you bite a Dispel Magic in the face, then it's gone forever...

Reinboom
2007-08-20, 06:35 PM
3rd Level Spell I believe, from Savage Species. It lasts 10 minutes per level, it is on both the Cleric and Wiz/Sorc spell lists, is a transmutation spell, and has verbal, somatic, and material components.

It would cost around 30,000 gp for a Use-Activated ring of Girallon's blessing, 6,000 gp if that ring had only 1 use per day, and it's 750 gp per potion of Girallon's blessing.

It was reprinted (and officially 3.5) with spell compendium.

Stormcrow
2007-08-20, 06:36 PM
But for the fact permanency applies to a specific list of spells.

jjpickar
2007-08-20, 07:02 PM
What about grafts? I don't recall any prohibition on adding more arms that way. Two enervating arms please.

brian c
2007-08-20, 07:06 PM
Best ways to get extra arms would be to be Thri-Keen. If you just want an extra limb, kobolds can have prehensile tails (Draconic Tail, RotD and Prehensile Tail, Savage Species).

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-21, 12:15 AM
Heh. Only just noticed I spelled it "Ocopus Drummer". No wonder I never found it on Google.

Grafts gone wild! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32258)

Insectile Template adds arms that can't be used to attack, although you might argue that they count as "extra hands" for reloading or "extra strength bonus"(as per Savage Species) purposes. Arachnid Creature template in Underdark gives more arms, but I think you might have to backdoor by way of Primeval(Frostburn), since it only applies to animal/magical beast(I think)/aberration. Song and Silence has the classic Fang of Lolth, which should convert all non-attacking arms into useable claws(based on the wording, which says something along the lines of "you gain claws at the ends of your arms". It's 3.0 though.

Icewalker
2007-08-21, 12:40 AM
Make your DM let you play a Marilith Demon. (Not positive if they kept that name from 1st to 3rd edition). six arms ftw?

I've got a marilith monk in an old 1st edition campaign, I forget exactly the number, but with 6 arms (triple open hand) and a tail, all of which end up doing d4s of damage, if I hit with everything I deal either 96d4 or 98d4, I forget. :smallbiggrin:

Rockphed
2007-08-21, 12:45 AM
Make your DM let you play a Marilith Demon. (Not positive if they kept that name from 1st to 3rd edition). six arms ftw?

I've got a marilith monk in an old 1st edition campaign, I forget exactly the number, but with 6 arms (triple open hand) and a tail, all of which end up doing d4s of damage, if I hit with everything I deal either 96d4 or 98d4, I forget. :smallbiggrin:

There is still a Marilith, and it is still a Demon. It even manages to have 6 arms. Six arms and way too skimpy of an outfit for the win!

Fax Celestis
2007-08-21, 11:01 AM
Thri-Kreen race (Unapproachable East, MM-II, XPH)
Marilith race (MM-I)
Girallon Arms soulmeld (Magic of Incarnum)
Demonbinder warlock PrC (Drow of the Underdark)
Girallon's Blessing spell (Spell Compendium)
Diopsid race (Dragon Magazine Compendium)

SalientGreen
2007-08-21, 02:38 PM
http://www.emmaleesplace.com/Spiral_game.gif

Play Spiral. :smallcool:

StickMan
2007-08-21, 02:42 PM
Arrow Demon from the second or third monster manual has 4 arms and has powerful build for bows.

Chineselegolas
2007-08-21, 03:03 PM
There is an item in savage species called something along the lines of 'Arms of the Naga', which gives you two extra arms. Don't have the book with me atm, but I remember it is atleast a couple thousand gold though

tahu88810
2007-08-21, 03:15 PM
Being a totemist from Magic of Incarnum would help.
There is the Girallon-Arm manifestation you could use...