PDA

View Full Version : List of PrCs for spontaneous casters?

Mike Miller
2017-12-04, 10:22 AM
Is there a list somewhere of spontaneous caster prestige classes, like Dragon Disciple?
Otherwise, can people suggest some?

I am looking for entry reqs that specify "without preparing" spells or spontaneous casting. So although sand shaper is sometimes good for sorcerer, it isn't just for spontaneous casters.

noob
2017-12-04, 10:39 AM
there was a prc that gave bardic music and did not need bardic music for entering and required spontaneous casting(but it was intended for being used by prepared casters too somehow) but the best people of that prc are wizards that do not take levels in a spontaneous casting class and use that prc for entering sublime chord for ultimate magus shenanigans.

Inevitability
2017-12-04, 12:34 PM
there was a prc that gave bardic music and did not need bardic music for entering and required spontaneous casting(but it was intended for being used by prepared casters too somehow) but the best people of that prc are wizards that do not take levels in a spontaneous casting class and use that prc for entering sublime chord for ultimate magus shenanigans.

Heartfire Fanner from dragon 314? It fits your description except for the 'must have prepared spells' part.

noob
2017-12-04, 01:30 PM
Well the one I was speaking about had a counterspelling feat as a requirement too unlike this one.
I forget the name every day then I search it back and succeed in finding it only sometimes.
It had also the power to turn spells of a given level in enchantment spells you knew of a lower level.
I found it back: http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/realms/spellsinger.shtml