PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Cormanthyr Spider, Part One: The Green Shaman [3.0/3.5 FR]

Kaworu
2017-12-04, 10:55 AM
Cormanthyr Spider
Part One:
The Green Shaman

Your stay in Procampur, the big city of Vast, was pleasant. Some of you have stayed there for longer, others for shorter period, but nonetheless, it was enjoyable. Yet, everything pleasant has it end. Now it was time to travel, again, this time to Calaunt.

There were four of you – Terrance the wizard, Selen, the elven rogue, Aeril the paladin (of aquatic elven ancestry) and Shelisa, the faithful of Tymora. You have banded together for company, security and because your talents completing each other.

The next stop on your journey was Maestar, the small, local village. Currently, you are in a dense, yet low forest, breathing the fresh air, enyojing the green and brown colors of the trees and chatting lazingly, telling a joke or sharing the story. You feel quite at ease in this warm, summer afternoon.

When you are about one kilometer from Maestar, the atmosphere changes. You feel the scent of blood and stink of decaying bodies. Distressed, you move faster, drawing your weapons.

You see a tragic scene. A carriage, broken and knocked over, lies in a reddish mud. From its door there is hanging a once-beautiful aristocrate, now her body and rich dress cut to pieces. The bodies of her bodyguards lie scattered all around, sinking in wet earth. In their bodies, even from this afar, you see holes in backs of tights – they bleed to death from wounds of arteries.

When the first shock is letting go, you see another detail – everywhere there are small arrows with colorful feathers. They are quite short and crudely made. There are many of them, so many – in bodies of humans, in dead horses, in walls of the carriage and of course in muddy, bloody ground.

The forest is silent, except for your quiet breaths.

Xanyo
2017-12-04, 11:27 AM
Salen gags as the putrid scent of blood overwhelms him. He swiftly begins examining the scene of carnage, talking aloud as he does.

"The bodies have begun to decay. It must have been at least a day since they died, likely longer. It's possible that one of them has stabilized on their own. Look around and check for survivors.

These small arrows suggest small assailants, and the sheer quantity suggests an overwhelming number. The precision of these melee wounds suggests clever attackers. It seems that this was a surprise attack."

The elf searches through the area, keeping an eye out for anything interesting, especially bodies that may have been the enemies, though he does not expect to find any.

Search check: [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2017-12-04, 12:02 PM
"Well, dad said the road to adventure was often paved in blood," Terrance lets out as a rush of excitement and fear roll over him. He looked around for signs of the assailants, and a further ambush.

[roll0]

Narylinn
2017-12-04, 11:51 PM
Shalisa reels at the sight of so many brutally slaughtered. "The ill fortune of Beshaba was visited upon these poor folk today, but we must find the ones who did this and avenge them." While Salen examines the scene for clues, she goes to each body and prays for the lost life, invoking the favor of Tymora upon them in whatever plane they end up in their afterlives. After Salen finishes, she examines the bodies for any further clues about the nature of the injuries not already observed and searches them for identifying information and other clues, all while keeping an eye out for an ambush by whoever perpetrated this atrocity.

EDIT: I thought the die roller would work in here, but I guess not, so I'm copying and pasting rolls from the test thread.
Heal (to learn any further information about their wounds): (1d20+6)[15]
Search: (1d20+1)[15]
Spot: (1d20+2)[11]

Kaworu
2017-12-10, 02:46 PM
The travelling party stopped, saddened and vary. Shelisa was praying and moving between dead bodies, trying to bring good fortune to the dead at least in their afterlife. Terrence and Salen weren't that busy and were looking around, afraid of the ambush. Aeril has drawn his beautiful trident, looking around.

After a while, the half-elf raised his hand and looked at you, his companions - Shhhhh...- he tried to silence you - Something's wrong...

Indeed, it was.

You looked at the trees around you, nervous and afraid. After a moment of intense looking, you saw it - green little faces colored brown in emerald-and-chestnut plants. Goblins! A lot of them, in the trees, with little bows in their hands! And when they could not be hidden anymore, one of them whistled. From the direction you just came there appeared a five goblin warriors riding gray wolves. High above there was another thenty-on-so of them. Their arrows were already prepared for you.

You could not hope to overcome them... however, maybe you could escape. Wasn't Maestar supposed to be just around the corner?

stanleyindraven
2017-12-11, 09:20 AM
Terrance will stand very still, trying not to make any quick movements.

Xanyo
2017-12-11, 09:51 AM
Salen curses internally and books it, running as fast as he can back towards the city.

Run action, base speed 40'. Total movement of 160'. I'm outta here. I'll be the furthest target, so unless they don't want witnesses, they should let me go.

Narylinn
2017-12-12, 01:12 AM
Shalisa takes off after Salen, saying, "We must flee to Maestar, there are too many of them for us to defeat!" in hopes that Terrance comes with them.

Shalisa will run toward where the village presumably is, and will cover 60' this round (base speed 20' in banded mail, total movement triple base speed for running in heavy armor).

Initiative: [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2017-12-12, 10:21 AM
Terrance turns heel and flees with the others.

drayen
2017-12-13, 08:35 AM
Not to be outdone by his traveling companions, Aeril also begins to flee, but no faster than the slowest member of their party. He throws up his right arm keeping the buckler strapped to it held behind his head as he runs.

Current speed is 20' and he is only wearing medium armour so he can run 4x his speed, but he won't outrun anyone else. Instead he'll try to keep himself between the others and the goblins to present a target for their attacks.

Kaworu
2017-12-13, 10:50 AM
The company started to flee from the goblins. Good choice, considering that the little, nasty, green creatures have send arrows after you. They weren't particularly well-aimed, but still, there was a lot of them. You ran, hearing the sounds of readied bows and growls of wolfes behind you. From time to time an arrow flew just above head of one of you or struck the armor of Aeril. In moments like these, you moved faster still and lowered your heads.

The run was quite long, about one kilometer and by the time you were done with the forest everyone of you was panting heavily. The goblins were still behind you, so you dared not to stop.

With time the forest begun to lessen and became less dense. Then, you found yourself in an open field, wheat all around you. In front of you, a few hundred meters far, they were the buildings of Maestar. You didn't see anyone, but in the heat of the moment you had no time to consider the significance of such a thing. You moved fastly, in the direction of the village, feeling enemies at your heels.

It's hard to tell when your surrondings changed. One second you were running towards the empty village, the second you were between its buildings, in a crowded space. Behind you was a half-sphere of transparent white. The goblins stopped chasing you, laughting gruesomely. Their task was done.

People around you, many of them, looked at you with saddened faces. Why there were so many of them?

Information:

You cannot pass throught the white-translucient sphere. Nobody can.

There are two bigger buildings in the village, the temple of Chauntea and the mayor's building in the center of village. I suggest for you to search for people to talk to in either of the structures.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-13, 02:10 PM
Terrance fell to the ground, panting. "What...the...heck?" His words were weak and heavy. "It seems...like we passed...a barrier."

Narylinn
2017-12-13, 02:50 PM
After catching her breath, Shalisa prays to Tymora to thank her for the party's good fortune in escaping the wicked goblins and their arrows. After confirming that no one was injured and needs her to tend to their wounds, she asks, "Terrance, what do you make of this barrier?" as she examines it herself. She looks around at the sad faces of the locals, noticing then the temple to Chauntea, an ally of Tymora. "We should visit this temple of Chauntea first; perhaps the priests there will be able to answer our questions."

If it's applicable to figuring out the nature of the impassable barrier, here are her Knowledge (religion) and Spellcraft checks. Presumably, Terrance's superior Spellcraft and Knowledge (arcana) skills are more likely to offer some insight, though.
Knowledge (religion): [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Xanyo
2017-12-13, 05:31 PM
"You are welcome to do that, but I'm going to go find some wizards or something. This barrier hardly looks to be of divine make."

Before departing, Salen looses an arrow at the barrier on the off chance that it would not be stopped.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-13, 06:19 PM
"Well, I am with Shalisa, let us head to the temple," Terrance says as he stand up and dusts himself off.

Kaworu
2017-12-19, 08:38 AM
You made for the temple. It was a medium-sized building of white merble, with high, strained-glass windows of green plants and yellow wheats. Inside, there was a stone altar of Chauntea, at the end of rather big room with benchs for faithful.

By the altar stood a basket with the rest of fresh grains, now mostly empty. Next to it kneeled a halfling woman with black hair and in brown priest's robes. When you entered, she finished her prayer, stood up and looked at you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/59/2c/32592ca9fbc4767bbb32ef5cca4c1f3b.jpg

- Oh my... - she said in a concerned voice - New faces... welcome one and all to this church. I wish we would meet in happier times... my name is Emerylyssa. How can I help you? - she asked with rather sad smile.

Narylinn
2017-12-20, 02:47 PM
"Greetings, Emerylyssa, and luck be with you!" replies Shalisa. "I am Shalisa, initiate of Tymora, and this is my traveling companion Terrance. While we were traveling this way, we encountered an overturned carriage and its slain occupants, then were chased here by a number of goblins, presumably the same ones who cruelly killed the innocents in the carriage. While approaching the town, it seemed empty, but upon passing through the curious barrier you are surely aware of, we could see your fellow townsfolk, and realized the unfortunate situation we are clearly now all in, not being able to escape the barrier. What do you know of the origin of this barrier, and how long as it been here? Also, might my abilities granted by Lady Luck be of use to anyone in town in need of help?"

I'm assuming Terrance was the only one who came with Shalisa.

Kaworu
2017-12-21, 12:25 PM
The temple of Chauntea

- Welcome, sister - said Emerylyssa, greeting a faithful of alligned deity - Our situation last for 4 days. First, Aron, our local mage has disappeared, and then, next day, we woke up with this devilish spell around our village. We tried to pass through it, but it simply won't do. However, as you surely know, it is possible to pass through the barried from outside. We are at a trade tract between Calaunt and Promapur and it's a trade season, so many merchants were imprisoned inside. We are slowly running out of food, and we do not know what will happen to us... - she went silent for a moment, considering their situation - I do not know more, we simply do not comprehend what have happened there. I pray for end of this curse, but I am afraid it will not come to it.

- As for your talents, you could always bless someone or heal their wounds, but currently space and food are bigger blessing than our goddesses magic.

Outside of the temple

Salen asked some people about magic users in the village. Most of them were passers-by imprisoned within the sphere, but one person was local and pointed him to a bulding at the outskirts of Maerstar. He went in that direction.

The house looked as any other, made of stone, quite small and completely usual. Inside, the first room was filled with mysteriously looking equipment - pieces of animals in jars, alchemical glasses, this kind of things. The second room was a library - once maybe full of books, but since the mage was absent, it has falled to the thieves and there was only a handful of books, nothing valuable or interesting.

The third romm contained mostly a bed, chair, table and beautiful carpet with golden dragon. It was titled Detengarathantos. Outside of it, the rest of things was also stolen.

Hm, intersting. The carpet looked expensive, but nobody has stolen it? Why?

stanleyindraven
2017-12-21, 02:11 PM
"Have you attempted to dig out," Terrance questioned as he pondered the story. "This has to be a high powered spell or effect of some sort. Maybe ritual magic, otherwise a very powerful mage would have to be in play."

Xanyo
2017-12-21, 03:16 PM
This is probably a bad idea...
Salem begins to investigate the carpet closely.
search check [roll0]

Kaworu
2017-12-21, 05:36 PM
Temple

- Yes, our mayor and his men tried to make a tunnel below the sphere, but sadly, it runs out underground too. We are completely trapped in here - explained the priestess.

House of Aron

Salen tried to find any clue about the mysterious, out of place carpet, but couldn't find any. Not being alienated, he spend a lot of time in the room, looking everywhere, sometimes even a few times and trying to figure this out.

His hightened elven senses could feel something - there was seemingly an empty space under the carpet, with some kind of door between it and the main room. However, when he tried to move the tapestry, he simply coudn't, just as if the carpet was glued to the floor. Interesting indeed!

Xanyo
2017-12-21, 05:57 PM
Salem stayed in the room a time, searching continuously. There was something here, and it frustrated him to be unable to find it. If he had to, he would cut this accursed rug off the floor.
Take 20 for a 27 on search. If that fails to reveal anything, he'll take his dagger and cut the rug from the floor - carefully, of course. That rug looks expensive.

Narylinn
2017-12-22, 02:38 AM
"Thank you, Sister Emerylyssa," responds Shalisa, "Alas, I am not experienced enough for Tymora to grant me the spells to create food, but we will see what we can do to help around town and figure out the nature of this barrier and a means of dispelling it."

Shalisa turns to leave the temple, saying to Terrance, "We should find the others and see if they have discovered anything. Salen said he would try to find any wizards, so we might ask around to see where he might have gone."

Assuming Terrance doesn't have anything further to ask Emerylyssa, it makes sense to go find Salen to see if he's made any progress with anything.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-22, 07:49 AM
"Yes, let us look for Salen. I am not advanced enough to dispel this sphere on my own." Terrance says as they leave the temple.

Xanyo
2017-12-22, 01:01 PM
When they end up at the home of the wizard, they find Salen laying on a rug tapping it with the handle of a knife. He hasn't noticed them yet, as he is very focused on the dang rug.

Narylinn
2017-12-22, 08:06 PM
Shalisa says to Salen, "It seems you've found something interesting. Do you need some help? The priestess at the temple told us that the barrier appeared a few days ago, and that food supplies are running low."

She examines the obviously interesting rug for any sign of magic, and joins Salen in his search.

Search: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Xanyo
2017-12-23, 12:03 AM
The sudden voice startle Salen, who attempts to jump into the air while flat on the ground, resulting in some entertaining flailing. He very nearly cracks his head on something.
"Oh! Ah, hello. I'm pretty sure there's something concealed by this rug, but it's attached to the floor and I haven't found a release. I was considering cutting it from the floor. I presume you found out about our mage friend's strange absence?"

Narylinn
2017-12-23, 10:23 PM
Salisa replies, "It doesn't seem like it could be coincidental that the Aron disappeared around the same time as the barrier around the town appeared. I would advise against cutting this rug, as it may be magically protected by a trap; it seems clear that powerful magic keeps it in place. If it's a trap door of some kind, there must be some way to open it - perhaps pressing a certain spot on it, or maybe saying a command word. Terrance, what kind of dragon is it?"

You mentioned in the OOC thread that the rug has a dragon on it. Is it detailed enough that it's supposed to represent a specific dragon? Terrance could probably make a Knowledge (arcana) check to figure out what kind of dragon it is by its shape and features, if it's not obvious from the rug's coloration. I'm thinking maybe if it's a specific dragon, maybe the dragon's name is the magic word that opens the trap door, and if that's the case, perhaps this dragon is famous in the area and we could ask around town about her/his name, making Gather Information checks, to figure it out.

drayen
2017-12-25, 04:48 AM
Hands on his knees, the half-elf was busy panting, his long green hair covering his eyes, and failed to notice his companions move into the town proper. By the time he had realized it, they were gone. He hustled to catch up and the center of town he also spied the temple and the great house, likely belonging to someone in charge. Figuring they would have headed to talk to the authorities, he made his way to the mayor's house. Knocking at the door, he waited for someone to answer.

Kaworu
2017-12-26, 12:21 PM
Aeril went to the big house in the center of the village. It was made of thick wood and with a foundation of stone. Inside, in a big, representative room, there was a old man, sitting by a desk, with papers in his hands.

https://pre00.deviantart.net/cbed/th/pre/f/2015/323/3/8/38f6e6fb703362891b67382867928bee-d9h7nc6.jpg

He raised his eyes as the half-elf entered the room. In his sight there was a mixture of desperation, exhaustion and boredom full of sadness.

- Another one? - he asked, more himself than the paladin – Be greeted, for all the greeting can give you. I’m Ermond Attendarrow. the mayor of this village. I would offer you something to eat, but I am afraid we are running short of foodstuffs. Water, maybe? This we have plenty.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-26, 01:35 PM
Terrance ponders the meaning and image of the rug.

Know Arcana [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

Xanyo
2017-12-26, 11:23 PM
"I want to know everything about this rug dragon on the rug, and the rug itself, even if you have to find a bard to tell me. If we still can't figure it out, I would like to borrow some kind of pole that I can put a blade on the end of to cut this rug off from a relatively safe position. There's something here, and I'm going to find it if I have to tear the whole house down!"
Taking 20 got me 27 on search. If that and the info about the dragon don't help, I'm going to start breaking things.

drayen
2017-12-27, 08:37 AM
The half-elf gave a curt nod to the elderly human, "Greetings Mayor Attendarrow.
Thank you for your hospitality. I am Aeril Amastacia of Myth Nantar. It would seem that you are painfully aware of the strange barrier. May I ask what it is and how your town came to have such protection?"

Kaworu
2017-12-28, 07:17 AM
- Protection? Protection?! Prison, more likely - said the erderly man - We do not know. It had happened around the same time our local mage disappeared. I doubt if he is responsible for that, thought. He was... hard to deal with sometimes, but he helped us everytime he could. However, his disappearance and the curse have to be somehow related. This is all we know, we have wondered about it for days now, and still we know nothing. Besides, more than knowledge we want some action. If only in the sphere there was imprisoned another mage, able to dispell this barrier...

Narylinn
2017-12-28, 10:29 AM
Shalisa, seeing that Salen and Terrance don't seem to know any more about this particular dragon than she does, suggests, "My guess is that knowing something about this dragon will help us move the rug. Let us ask around town about this dragon; perhaps the mayor or Emerylyssa, the priestess of Chauntea, can help us with this. We need to go see the mayor anyway, and find Aeril too."

Seeing that there doesn't seem to be any danger of the rug going anywhere before they return, Shalisa heads off to find the mayor's residence.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-28, 11:30 AM
Terrance will head off with Shalisa. "This seems to be above my ability, I hope we can help."

Kaworu
2017-12-28, 03:16 PM
Aron’s house

When his companions have left, Salen carefully cut the rug. It was kinda hard, considering it was kinda thick, but finally he has done it. He put the piece aside and looked down.

There was a wooden door in the floor. Salen delicately opened them. Inside there was a ladder leading down. In light from the room above he could see a medium-sized basement.

The mayor’s building

Shalisa and Terrance left the mage’s house and moved to the residence of local mayor. Indoors, they have found their companion, Aeril, debating something hotly with an old man, seemingly the local authority.

Xanyo
2017-12-28, 03:33 PM
This rug's not going anywhere, eh? Oh yes it is!

Salen carefully and quietly descends, eyes and ears open.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]

Narylinn
2017-12-28, 08:16 PM
Shalisa attempts to calm the older man, assuming he's the mayor. "Good sir, we wish to help if we can. As there seems to be no other wizard resident in town aside from Aron, who has disappeared, who else might be knowledgeable about arcane matters? Also, is there a gold dragon resident in this area? We are trying to solve a small mystery and the identity of this dragon might be helpful."

drayen
2017-12-29, 03:32 AM
An eyebrow arched at the mayor's revelation, but it was the only tell the paladin gave of his surprise. "That is mysterious. Perhaps I may be of assistance. Have you made a search for your missing mage? His further questions were interrupted by sudden appearance of his compatriots.

Narylinn
2017-12-30, 09:38 PM
Shalisa asks the mayor, "Yes, are there any clues about where the mage Aron went? What can you tell us about him, his habits, and so on? Perhaps knowing more about him would help us determine his whereabouts."

Kaworu
2017-12-31, 12:01 PM
The mayor’s building

The old man looked at Shalisa – I do not know any other mage in this area than Aron. None of us could quess who casted this spell. As to dragon, I know none. Why the matter is so interesting to you?

- I also have no idea where Aron can be at the moment. He was kind of a loner, not so nice, grumpy. He wasn’t necessarily „bad” person, but I think his arcane studies and living lonely in this house has its effect on him. Especially young girls didn’t liked him that much. Do not get me wrong, he wasn’t a „pervert”, just… girls are sensitible, and he had none of it. I am afraid nobody in this village knew him that well to tell you anything more. I’m sorry, it’s all I know.

Aron’s basement

Salen carefuly looked down, into the room, and after deciding it’s alright, he went down the ladder. Sadly, his luck wasn’t with him, he overlooked a trap! When he stood at the last level, he activated it. He heard a loud bang! As he was hit in the chest by a magical missile. His damages weren’t that massive, but still, he lost some blood. When finally down, he looked around. There was a medium-sized room that seemed to be the true workshop of a mage. In the corners there were 4 magical lapms, that started to shine when feet of elf touched the floor. In their light, there were wisible furnitures and shelfes that now were empty, but for sure weren’t when Aron was there.

When the rogue looked around, he could see a small, black-and-white ring. It was quite nice, and maybe had it’s value, but it was a small reward for getting wounded.

stanleyindraven
2017-12-31, 02:53 PM
"Thank you for your time, sir." Terrance seems annoyed be the lack of information.

Xanyo
2017-12-31, 08:47 PM
Salen spends a couple minutes examining the new room, then takes the ring and pockets it. Perhaps someone could take a better look at it than him.
Oww... I swear, if there's another trap in here I'm going to break something.
Well, something else, I suppose. I didn't break the rug that much, but it probably counts.
Take 20 for 27 search

Narylinn
2018-01-03, 01:47 AM
Slightly frustrated by the mayor's lack of knowledge about Aron, Shalisa suggests to Aeril and Terrance, "Let us return to Aron's house; it seems Salen remained there, and perhaps he's made progress with the magic rug."

Kaworu
2018-01-09, 01:42 PM
The group left the mayor’s house, feeling disappointed. They had hoped for some kind of useful information, but they found nothing. It seemed like the mysterious wizard left no trace of himself. Flustrated, they made for Aron’s house.

When they arrived there, they have meet theirs friend, Salen. He was bleeding a little and was holding a white-and-black ring in his open palm. Behind him, there was a destroyed rug and door in the floor leading to the hidden basement. It looked as if he just left the room.

Xanyo
2018-01-09, 03:11 PM
"Oi, would you look at that. You're back - and so soon too. Did you manage to learn anything remotely useful, or was I the only fellow being productive in 'ere? 'ere, follow me."

Salen makes his way back downstairs, motioning for the others to follow.

"Watch your step. That rug isn't in particularly good condition anymore. Come on, then."

The elf shows them the hidden room, and explains what he found.

"Any of you happen to be able to sense magic right proper? That could give me some pointers, and maybe this ring's got a bit of use."

Narylinn
2018-01-09, 10:39 PM
Shalisa, not pleased about Salen's destruction of the rug, responds, "Alas, the mayor was not able to tell us anything we did not already know. We should search further below for any clues." She carefully goes down the ladder.

drayen
2018-01-11, 07:18 AM
The half-elf followed his distant kin deeper into the wizard's home to see what he had found. Upon seeing the hole beneath the cut out rug and it's ladder leading into it, he remarked, "It would seem you were rather busy. Quite surprising that you thought to cut a hole in a rug looking for... anything. Probably not the most considerate thing to do in a stranger's home,
even if that stranger is missing and may have clues to what has befallen this town. Shalisa is correct;
let's explore every avenue available to us so we may discover what might be found." So saying, Aeril followed his other, equally, distant kinfolk down into the space beneath the floor.

stanleyindraven
2018-01-15, 03:42 PM
Terrance carefully inspects the rug as they descend the stairs. He keeps his eyes out for anything out of the ordinary, besides a rug glued to the floor.

Xanyo
2018-01-15, 10:01 PM
"The rug was asking for it. Can any of you sense magic? That's the only thing I won't have been able to find."

stanleyindraven
2018-01-16, 09:36 AM
"I can," Terrance says before casting a small spell. (Detect Magic)

Kaworu
2018-01-18, 10:03 AM
Terrence did cast his spell. It has shown him two things. First, the rug was magical, which wasn’t a surprise to anyone. Second, the ring was magical too! Closer look revealed that it has two magical auras – of Transformation and Abjuration. Yet, without more specialized magic is was hard to tell what the ring could do – quess the only way was to wear it?

Terrence did. At first everything seemed normal, but the voices of his friends coming from below became much faster. Huh? Was the ring slowing person wearing it?

His companions at the time looked at the basement, but it was very simple and plain and there was nothing hidden in sight – no button, door in walls or threasure to be found. It seemed that the room revealed all its secrets.

~*~

The group of adventurs has left the Aron’s house. They were chatting lazily, wondering about the weird ring and what could have happened to the local mage.

They looked at passing alleys. In one of them, they was a shadowy figure – maybe a beggar, who knows. What was weird, the prson looked at them back, and then… started hushing deeper into the alley? As if they were afraid or… guilty? What’s more, there was a middle of summer, sun was shining down on them all, enveloping them in hot, yet the misterious person was wearing a black robe.

Hm, suspicious.

stanleyindraven
2018-01-18, 10:15 AM
After putting on the ring, Terrance tried to pull it off to make sure it wasn't cursed.

Xanyo
2018-01-18, 10:26 AM
Salen discreetly falls behind the group, and, as soon as the opportunity arrives, he slips into the alleyway after this suspicious person. He would catch up to the others eventually. No concerns here.

He follows the unknown person from the shadows, wondering who they are.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Kaworu
2018-01-23, 05:52 AM
Salen moved stealthy after the mysterious figure. He wanted to be a little behind them and was moving silently and behind corners to not be seen.

At first, the person moved fast, but when they were sure that nobody was following them, they have taken slower pace. Still, the street was full of turns and sometimes it was hard to spy on them.

Salen was sure he was able to follow them, but because of distance and turns, he could not see everything the person was doing. When the black-cloaked figure vanished behind yet another turn, he moved fastly. To his surpriese, he could see a big wall at the end of the corner. There was nowhere to run, but the mysterious person certainly wasn't there. How could he lost them?

He heard someone moving on the nearby roofs, but when he raised his gaze, he could see no one.

______
Salen's notice check - http://kostnica.eu/roll/5a671234543b3/
Salen's listen check - http://kostnica.eu/roll/5a671374900ef/

Xanyo
2018-01-23, 10:26 AM
Salen quickly finds some holds and begins climbing. He's not going to give up that easy.
Climb [roll0]

Kaworu
2018-01-24, 05:52 AM
Salen tried to climb the wall, however, it was too high and there were too small cracks to get a hold of them. He stayed on the ground, listening to fading footsteps on rooftops.

All of you decided to move to the outskirts of the village, to lay down on the grass in the sun to rest a little and talk about what had happened. When you laid on your back, looking up, you saw something interesting. The smoke from houses was able to leave the sphere without any problem. You wonder - why is it so?

stanleyindraven
2018-01-24, 09:58 AM
Terrance will attempt to throw a stone through the barrier.

Kaworu
2018-01-25, 04:16 PM
The stone bounced off the sphere.

drayen
2018-01-26, 02:12 AM
Aeril stared up at the smoke sifting through the barrier and continuing on up into the air. When Terrance threw a stone and it bounced off of the invisible wall, he frowned. "Well, that's just weird. What could be the reason for that?"

Kaworu
2018-01-29, 12:13 PM
The heroes started working on the mystery of the barrier. They moved along it's borders, in a big semi-circle, looking for the answers.

At first, they knew nothing, but finally, after half an hour, they have found a little slughorn in a process of moving throught the sphere. Ah, so it was it! Slowmotion was the answer!

stanleyindraven
2018-01-29, 03:22 PM
Terrance will slowly push against the barrier.

drayen
2018-01-30, 02:11 AM
The half-elf followed along trying various means at random intervals to find a way through the invisible barrier. When Terrence showed some slow success at one point, Aeril came over to him to gauge his progress and see if he could be of any help.

Kaworu
2018-01-30, 08:49 AM
Terrance tried to go through the barrier, but it was no use. It seemed that he was still to fast, plus it would be better to maintain a constant speed, which was hard - he went slightly faster and slower all the time, he guessed. Only if he could slow himself in any other way...

stanleyindraven
2018-01-30, 08:55 AM
Terrance put the ring on then tried again to cross the barrier.

Kaworu
2018-01-30, 12:25 PM
This time mage had better luck. He was slow, it's fact, but after some time (much shorter from his perspective than his companions') he was able to cross the barrier. He looked back, and saw nothing, no sphere and no friends inside, just the buildings.

stanleyindraven
2018-01-30, 01:09 PM
Terrance removes the ring. "How odd, well, at least there is a way out." He then walks toward the buildings.

drayen
2018-01-31, 03:41 AM
Aeril watched the mage try to cross the barrier by moving slowly, but he seemed to meet resistance regardless of how still he held himself. When Terrence backed up and placed the ring on his finger, the paladin was curious, but in no way expected what came next. His companion walked right through the invisible barrier without any hindrances. As he turned back to look into the town, the half-elf waved, first with one hand then as he realized his gesture was going unnoticed, he began to wave both his arms over his head in a vain attempt to garner the man's attention.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-06, 11:52 AM
Once inside the barrier, "I believe this is not the only one of this ring. I am willing to bet the local mage is responsible for this. We should see the mayor immediately."

Kaworu
2018-02-07, 12:08 PM
You have returned to the mayor. He was still sitting behind his desk, his face buried in his hands. He seemed... hopeless and exhausted?

- Yes? - he asked, when you entered, regaining his composure - Did you found anything in Aron's house? - continued the man, with a tone of his voice suggesting that he was not expecting anything new.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-07, 02:30 PM
"I regret to inform you mayor, but it seems that Aron may have been responsible for the barrier around the town, or he was taken just as he figured out a solution. We found magic making it possible to pass through the barrier. It is unfortunate that only one such device exists and would take me some time, which your people do not have, to make more. I can get to the outside world and get supplies but that is just a temporary fix." Terrance tries to infuse what hope he could in the man.

Xanyo
2018-02-07, 02:30 PM
Salen snorted.
"What did we find? What didn't I find? We didn't find the mage, we didn't find any journals, we didn't find any hidden rooms - oh, wait. We did. We found suspicious stuff, and a way out. A very slow, one person at a time way out."

Kaworu
2018-02-07, 03:47 PM
The old man became more lively, as the revelations hit him.

- You... you have the way out? For real? - he could not believe - Listen, it matters not if it was Aron or not. You are right, we need to get some supplies, but we also need help. Whoever did this to my village did it for a purpose, he was a powerful mage and the goblins are with him. You need to go to Procampur, it's the closest big city, and get help. Warriors, I mean. It's the most important thing right now. We are too weak because of hunger to defend ourselves properly, and gathered in this small area... goddess, if we will get attacked, it will be a bloody bath. You need to gather help here. And maybe somebody who would disspell the sphere. This should be of importance right now.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-07, 03:49 PM
"We can go and try to get help, how far is Procampur?" Terrance seems very ready and eager.

Kaworu
2018-02-07, 03:58 PM
- No longer than two days by feet - answered Ermond - I suggest you leave by night, during the day the goblins will probably be more active, even they have to sleep.

drayen
2018-02-08, 02:19 AM
Aeril frowned at the mayor's words. Slowly working through the numbers he comes to a conclusion. "Only problem is that getting out requires a magic ring. We have one magic ring.
Only one of us can get out with the ring." His lips purse as he thinks it through. "If you go by yourself, it will be very dangerous. We know that from trying to get here. The goblins could have easily killed us; they had the numbers. They just chose to drive us into the town. They are also mounted. That means they can move much faster than any one of us. If you fall to them, then there is no way for any other word to get out. The half-elf shakes his head, "We should try to figure out if there are any more rings or if someone here can make more of them before we let the only one we have go."

Kaworu
2018-02-08, 06:26 AM
- Cannot you just pass through the barrier one by one, and then throw the ring back inside? - asked the man.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-08, 11:55 AM
"That is my thought, it should work. We will test it, if it works, then we will leave immediately to get help." Terrance no sooner finished his sentence than began to walk out.

drayen
2018-02-09, 02:14 AM
The paladin shrugged his shoulders, "Well, that is a thought. Maybe we can."

He follows his fellow travelers back to the invisible barrier to discover if they have a way out after all.

Kaworu
2018-02-09, 02:39 PM
The brave heroes waited till night to try their smart plan. When the day finally ended, they passed through the barrier one-by-one, throwing their precious ring back. This way, all of them have left the cursed village.

They moved throught the forest, silently, praying to not come across small army of goblins. They didn’t, through they have encoutered another obstacle.

In the middle of the forest, there was a dead deer on the road, and a wolf preying on her still warm body. The beast raised his head, growling at you. If you were to pass the road, you should kill it, it seemed.

Roll Initiative in OOC.

drayen
2018-02-15, 12:36 AM
The half-elf paladin didn't hesitate. Trident in hand, he charged the wolf hoping to end the fight quickly.

Melee charge [roll0]
Trident damage [roll1]
If needed,
Critical confirmation [roll2]
Critical trident damage [roll3]

Xanyo
2018-02-15, 09:48 AM
Salen sighs internally. A brutish approach to a simple problem. Probably could have simply gone off the trail to bypass the animal. Well, too late for that. He quickly shrugs his bow into his hand and draws an arrow back, taking aim.

Move action: Draw bow.
Standard action: Shoot at wolf.
Wolf has not acted, so is flat footed. Wolf is engaged in melee with friendly character, so I take a -4 attack penalty for firing into melee.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
That firing into melee penalty is really hurting here.
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage Roll: [roll2]
If I threaten a critical(unlikely), I will resolve that in OOC.

Kaworu
2018-02-15, 01:01 PM
The combined attacks of the elf and the half-elf killed the wolf. He shrieked miserably, his death breath echoing across the forest. His blood, black in the light of the moon, slowly sunk into the earth.

You did not move for a moment, panting and wondering if there are more dangers. Slowly, you put your weapons back, and then...

- Oh, such brave warriors. And how quiet! I bet the whole forest is now on its feet - a ridiculing voice has reached your ears.

You looked up. A few meters behind the wolf, there was an old man in purple robes. He was certainly mocking you - What, never seen a mage? Dear Mystra, under which rock you were fostered? - he said, more to himself than to you.

http://www.epilogue.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery_med/images/05/23/16349_1118203200.jpg

Xanyo
2018-02-15, 02:05 PM
Salen's mind races. Mage. Stranger. Mocking. Mystra. Aron? Possibly. Should have asked for a description. Were there any pictures in the mage's house? Probably not. Decision: Keep him talking.

"I don't have to take any lip from you, human. Now identify yourself before I decide to have man-liver-on-a-stick."

He shrugs his bow back to his hand and pointedly sets an arrow to it.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-16, 11:28 AM
"That would be unwise," Terrance tries to calm his friend. "Who are you and what business are we to you?"

Kaworu
2018-02-16, 02:30 PM
- Me? I'm Aron. Who are you, who are threatening me with death? I swear, you deserve a beating. Hopefully for you, I won't be the one, even though you are just some brats. Kids these days. Give them a suit of armor and a sword and they fancy themselves warriors... Well, you killed the wolf, so now get going, my time is precious - he said, moving past you.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-16, 03:44 PM
"Aron, why did you leave the town in peril? Surely you can dispel the magic placed upon it." Terrance hurries his voice, trying to elicit answers.

Xanyo
2018-02-16, 05:06 PM
"You assume that he isn't the son of a drider what placed the barrier up in the first place. Why else would he have a ring that just happens to be perfect for passing through it?"

Salen blocks the mage's path, switching his bow for his sword. This might be a somewhat stupid action, but Salen is starting to hate the mage. His chest still ached from that bloody trap of his.

"Where the hells do you think you're going, old human?"

Kaworu
2018-02-17, 06:34 AM
- What peril? What barrier? What ring? - for the first time, Aron seemed to be confused.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-17, 05:18 PM
"what do you mean? You do not know your town is suffering from a magical barrier?," terrance seems bewildered with the man's confusion.

Kaworu
2018-02-18, 07:31 AM
- My town is suffering? - asked the mage, looking at Terrance - Impossible, when I left a few days ago, everything was in order. Also, it's not a big town, just a hamlet, who would like to bring to it any harm? You are making no sense. Are you sure you did not fall from a rug onto the floor and hurt your head badly in the aftermatch?

Xanyo
2018-02-18, 02:10 PM
"Well, I did tear up your fancy rug and get hit by a magical trap in the workshop beneath. Does that count?"

Salen is still sore in more ways than one.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-18, 06:27 PM
"it must have happened just after you left. Is there anyone who would want to harm you?"

drayen
2018-02-19, 01:10 AM
If Aeril had espoused any surprise at the town wizard's sudden appearance, it went unnoticed by everyone there. He busied himself with cleaning the tines of his holy instrument; restoring it's luster and shine. At the apparent bewilderment of said wizard, the paladin laconically adds, "Mayhap he does not know what's happened."

Kaworu
2018-02-21, 08:18 AM
- WHAT exactly happened? - the wizard demanded some answers. It seemed like he was totally confused, and the lack of clear response from the heroes only confused him more.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-21, 08:53 AM
"The town in surrounded by a sphere. It keeps people in and pushes people from the outside in. The town looks deserted before you enter the barrier. We were only able to escape by way of slowing ourselves down." Terrance tries to sum it up.

Kaworu
2018-02-21, 10:11 AM
A grimace went through the face of Aron. Was it shock? Anger? Unbelieveness? - We have to go - said the old man, and went fastly in the direction of the village.

You went with him. He was quiet and focused, so you had no way to get to know him better during that brief time. When he was by the village, he stood, looking intensely into the direction of invisible barrier. He casted a quick spell and his eyes had shrone with a light from within.

- Oh... - was all he could mutter - I see - he turned his face towards you - At first sight, this reminds me of a spell of mine I was researching, but it is to fast to say what had happened here. You go mind your own business, I am going inside to help as much as I can - explained Aron. It seemed he wasn't that much of an douchebag as he seemed before?

This was probably the last opportunity before returning with an army from Procampur to talk with the old mage.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-21, 10:20 AM
"We will still go get aid from Procampur." Terrance seemed relieved that Aron was not the cause of the spell.

Xanyo
2018-02-21, 11:14 AM
Salen still doesn't like the mage, but he is still willing to be helpful, for the town at least.

"Give him the ring. In case he needs to exit the city. The ring will slow you to a speed that the barrier does not register, and therefore does not counter.

Oh, by the way, there is literally nothing of value left in your house. Even the rug is worthless now, except maybe for starting a campfire."

Salen still doesn't like the mage, and there's a satisfied smile on his face as he observes the mage's reaction to this revelation.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-21, 11:27 AM
Terrance tosses the ring into the barrier behind Aron.

drayen
2018-02-22, 12:34 AM
"What spell?" The paladin pointedly asks of the mage, Aron. "You know; in case you die before we return." He helpfully explains.

Kaworu
2018-02-22, 08:51 AM
- It's called Semipermeable Sphere of Aron. It keeps electricity and fire inside and do not let it pass from the inside to the outside. As I told you before, this spell is similar, but also very different at the same time. When I think of that now, I lost one scroll with my spell, but it was thinking I was just being forgetful or untidy - explained the mage.

- Is that everything you want to tell me? - asked the man, looking at you - This is goodbye, at least for the time being. Just please, do not bother me with your stupid things, I'm sure you have many of them - he added nastily.

drayen
2018-02-24, 09:21 PM
"No, that's the only stupid thing for which I'm bothering you. You have enough trouble keeping yourself together as it is." The paladin sincerely responds.

Kaworu
2018-02-26, 07:50 AM
After a brief goodbye Aron went inside the barrier, and you went far and further from it. You were happy for now, that Maestar had a defender while you were off, but how good would he be? Only time could tell.

You rushed through the forest, looking carefully all around. Goblins were nowhere to be found, and you had a safe, yet disturbing pass. You were still afraid of what dangers lurk in the darkness. When you have finally left the forest, you were grateful.

After one-and-half a day…

Procampur was a big city, to be sure. You went through the Port Gate, and you had no problems with that. However, the Inner Gate was heavily guarded and you had to listen about proper behavior and punishments for troublemaking before you could enter. When you were inside, you went by the Main Road to the Palace in the middle of the city, on a little hill.

You stated your reason to be here and waited gently in the appropriate area. Finally, you could enter and talk with Thurtyl, the ruler of the city.

The ruler was a big and old man, when you looked at him you thought of a lion or bear – a wild, powerful and awesome beast. Yet, his blue eyes shined with a gentle light when he looked at you.

By his side, standing by his throne, was an equally old man. You heard rumors of mighty Alomondh, the royal mage, and it seemed he was here to advise the ruler. He had a reputation of a harsh person, and surely, his eyes lacked the warmth of Thurtyl's.

- You wished for an audience with esteemed Thurtyl – said coldly the mage – State your business and be gone, our king has a lot of matters to attend to.

stanleyindraven
2018-02-26, 09:41 AM
"Your highness, We have traveled from Maestar at break neck speed to deliver a message of great importance. The town has befallen a binding spell of emense power. There is a barrier disguising the town and keeping its residents inside. Aron has returned to help but I fear he is not powerful enough to dispel the barrier." Terrance pleads with the men.

drayen
2018-02-27, 12:49 AM
Aeril adds, "Your majesty, the people trapped there are fast exhausting what food supplies were already in the town when it was cut off by the barrier and are now close to starving.
Additionally, there are bands of goblins driving any travelers straight into the trap. It would seem that they are in league with whomever is attacking your country."

Kaworu
2018-03-04, 08:30 AM
- That's troubling - admitted the ruler - How can I...

- If I may, Your Majesty - his adviser interrupted - We could have sent one mage to dispell the barrier, but anything else would be too troublesome. You have your own business here, sending troops would be costly, and Maestar is just a single village. Too much effort would be undesirable, it's simply not worth enough. So yes, we can send here a mage, maybe just give the people here appropriate scroll, but nothing more, I say.

It seemed the talks hadn't been going according to the plan of the group.

Xanyo
2018-03-04, 11:43 AM
Salen' eyes narrow.
"I don't know a lot about magic, but I do know that dispelling is an uncertain thing. Beside that, Aron did not seem to think that he could dispel the barrier, and he designed the spell that it is based upon. Besides that, a dispelling scroll is no substitute for a contingent of troops when there are uncounted numbers of goblins about. These people need protection and supplies, not a good luck gift."

Sometimes, it is wise to let the elf speak. Other times, it is foolish. This is probably a little bit of both.

stanleyindraven
2018-03-05, 08:05 AM
"your majesty, surely the royal mage would want to personally inspect such a breach of the kingdom's magical defenses.
Surely, there are no others among your staff better suited to assess and dispell this threat. ." Terrance pushes as he falls to his knees pleading to the king.

drayen
2018-03-06, 02:48 AM
The paladin looked to the king as he replied, "Your majesty, is it customary for your servants to interrupt you when you speak? Perhaps the mage might wait to hear his master's words before proffering advice."

Kaworu
2018-03-09, 04:17 AM
- Well, Alamondh's way smarter than I am, so I let him speak - explained the king - As for the help, I truly do not know... do not get me wrong, I would like to help you all, but it is a really small village and I am not sure what kind of power to use to not get too much. Hm... will 50 army-men be enough? And a wizard to dispell the barrier?

- My master, I... - the mage tried to interrupt.

- Enough - said Thultyrl. He was not angry, but there was something in his voice that had calmed the mage.

stanleyindraven
2018-03-09, 10:38 AM
"I believe this will be sufficient to handle the threat the town currently faces. Are there any food supplies that can be taken as well? They have been without fresh supplies for days, maybe longer." Terrance seems more at ease with the situation.

Kaworu
2018-03-09, 01:09 PM
- Yes, the supplies - started the king - Let's say that every one of my men will take... 4 loaves of bread? Will that be enough? - asked the ruler kindly.

stanleyindraven
2018-03-15, 07:17 AM
"Thank you your majesty, we will escort them back to Maestar right away," Terrance says as he bows.

drayen
2018-03-16, 12:06 AM
"Most generous, your majesty. Your subjects will be very grateful for your assistance." The half-elf answered with a deep bow.

Kaworu
2018-03-16, 06:02 AM
So everything was taken care of. Soon the small army and a wizard with appropriate spell were ready. Everyone carried also some bread for the starving masses. This preprared, saviors of Maelstar went off Procampur in the direction of cursed village.

The journey took almost two days. When everyone appeared on the outskirts of Maelstar, it was middle of the night. The village stood in flames, and heavy smoke was leaving the invisible barrier. It seemed – although people inside were invisible – that the goblins started attack on Maelstar!

Everyone advances to the second level :)

stanleyindraven
2018-03-16, 07:34 AM
"Drop the barrier now!" Terrance shouts at the mage as they see the burning.

Xanyo
2018-03-16, 01:39 PM
Salen mutters an Elvish curse.

"With haste! I will try to find Aron and protect him. The rest of you, you'll want to hit the goblins in their flank. Focus on breaking their command, if you can. And try to keep more things from getting lit on fire!"

With another curse, Salen rushes the sphere, his bow still on his back.

Entering the city as quickly as possible. Tumble where necessary(bonus of +10), and trying to get onto a roof that isn't on fire(climb bonus of +8). Once up, he will hop from roof to roof in search of Aron, drawing his bow once he's up(jump bonus of +12). Armor Class is 17, flat footed 12(such as while climbing). Speed is 40'.

drayen
2018-03-19, 01:34 AM
At the sight of the smoke and flames, the paladin rushes forward, leaving his compatriots to issue commands. His trident in hand, he moves through the barrier and engages with any enemies he sees.

Kaworu
2018-03-20, 05:48 AM
The mage had drawn his scroll and muttered the spell of Dispell Magic. Soon the barrier collapsed, revealing all that's inside.

Many roofs were burning. People screamed and ran as bands of goblins moved through the damaged village. In the middle, a goblin shaman with weird-looking war bonnet was casting spells from scrolls, throwing magical missiles left and right.

In the sky above the village, Aron and other mage in black robes were flying - Aron by himself and the second mage by using some kind of disc as a platform. They were exchanging curses and dangerous spells.

The heroes and their small army rushed forth, trying to help with the battle as much as they could. Soon all moved into their own directions.

Aftel a while, during all the confusion, the human warriors at the services of black mage appeared. There were 5 of them, all warrior, with swords in their hands. They had a nasty look about them and were ready to fight.

Let's say that there are 9 meters between you and the warriors. They are in a group.

stanleyindraven
2018-03-20, 07:44 AM
Terrance will cast magic missile.

damage [roll0]

Kaworu
2018-03-28, 05:16 AM
The fight has begun. Shalisa moved in front of Terrance, seemingly wanting to protect him with her own body. She also cast a spell on Aeril, He could feel his arm and spirit lighter as the blessing of Tymora washed down on him.

Next moment, the big warrior, chef of the band, rushed forth and attacked the half-elf. His attack was powerful and hard to miss. The blade of the opponent went deep into the body and bones of paladin. He could feel his strength leaving him.

Then, Terrence cast a magic missile at one of the warriors. The spell damaged him, but he still seemed quite unmoved.

Initiative:

Shalissa (Narylinn): 22
Dann: 20
Terrance (Stanley): 19
Salen (Xanyo): 15
Warriors: 13
Aeril (Drayen): 10

HP:

Aeril 10/20
W1 7/10

Fight:

Shalissa in front of Terrance, protecting him.
Dann rushes to the Aeril attacking him. (26 vs 16 hit)
Damages: 10

Xanyo
2018-03-28, 09:10 AM
Salen seems to be, at most, inconvenienced and annoyed by these foes.

If there is a building not on fire, of at most 3 meters in height, within 7 meters of me, AND the black robed mage is within accurate bow range of said roof:
Salen dashes over to an intact building, scrambling up it onto the roof. He snatches his bow as he gets atop it, drawing an arrow and setting his stance. Taking aim at the black robed mage, he lets the arrow fly.

Climb: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] edit: screwed up that roll, but I missed anyway.

If the black robed mage is within accurate bow range of my position:
Salen steps back a few meters from the fight, drawing his bow and an arrow. Setting his stance, he draws and looses at the black robed mage.

Take 1.524 meter step away from melee(stupid English measurement units and their illogic, and their insistence on being shoved into the brains of everyone in the U.S.) attack and damage rolled in spoiler above.
Countries that don't use the metric system
https://cdn.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/metric-system-1024x450.png

Salen steps away from melee, grabbing his bow. He sets his stance and sends an arrow toward the chief looking guy.

Same movement as above spoiler, and attack/damage of first spoiler.

Kaworu
2018-03-28, 09:27 AM
Salen shot an arrow into the biggest guy, but he missed. His arrow hit the armor of the warrior but didn’t pass through it.

Then, the warriors attacked. One Shalisa, but she was well protected behind her armor. One has chosen Salen but missed too. The last two rushed at Aeril with powerful swords-swinging. Both had aimed well and did hit. Poor Aeril was almost unconscious from blood loss.

Initiative:

Shalissa (Narylinn): 22
Dann: 20
Terrance (Stanley): 19
Salen (Xanyo): 15
Warriors: 13
Aeril (Drayen): 10

HP:

Aeril 3/20
W1 7/10

Fight:

Shalissa in front of Terrance, protecting him.
Dann rushes to the Aeril attacking him. (26 vs 16 hit) - damages: 10
Salen shots an arrow into Dann (15 vs 16 miss) but misses.
W1 attacks Shalisa (17 vs 20, miss) but misses.
W2 attacks Salen (15 vs 17, miss) but misses.
W3 attacks Aeril (16 vs 16, hit) - damage 5
W4 attacks Aeril (16 vs 16, hit) - damage 2

stanleyindraven
2018-03-28, 10:07 AM
Terrance will cast magic missile again at the same warrior on his go.

[roll0]

drayen
2018-03-30, 07:29 AM
Gravely wounded, Aeril grabs at the most grievous of the sword wounds and it immediately begins to close, staunching the blood. He takes up a guarded stance against his numerous attackers and attempts to defend himself.

Lay on Hands: 6 hp restored

Kaworu
2018-04-04, 03:07 PM
Shalisha ran to Aeril and cast upon him a healing spell. This got her the attention of all the warriors. - Healer! - shouted the biggest one - Attack her! - he demanded, moving there first. His attack and two of his fellows missed, but the two other warriors had hit the spot. Shalisa was bleeding heavily and if things would continue like that, she would be dead soon, even behind her heavy armor.

The warrior Terrance cast magic missile at was almost as weak as she were. Just one more hit and he probably would drop dead.

Shalisa moves to Aeril and cast Cure Light Wound on him (7, bless)
Dann attacks Shalisa (16 vs 20) fails
W1 attacks Shalisa (21 vs 20) HIT 2 HP
W2 attacks Salen (14 vs 16) fails
W3 attacks Shalisa (8 vs 20) fails
W4 attacks Shalisa (24 vs 20) HIT 5 HP

stanleyindraven
2018-04-05, 07:57 AM
Not one to let the healer die, Terrance attacks the magic missiled man with his staff.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Kaworu
2018-04-05, 11:44 AM
Terrance was brave, but he was not a warrior. His attack missed by a long shot.

Xanyo
2018-04-05, 12:16 PM
Salen curses under his breath as everyone starts ganging up on the one who's supposed to keep him alive. Discarding his bow and drawing his sword, he charges the big guy, going for an overhand stab.
Charge action at the big guy.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Make that 7 damage. I'll grip it two handed.
My AC is 15 for now

Kaworu
2018-04-08, 07:45 AM
Salen had swung his blade, but to no avail. He missed horribly.

Kaworu
2018-04-18, 05:59 AM
Aeril hold his trident and attacked the biggest warrior, however, his attack missed. Not long after, Shalisa cast on herself a healing spell. She was still wounded, but not as gravely.

Next second, the biggest warrior attacked her with his sword. He did strike her very heavily. She was barely standing.