View Full Version : Index Skeletor or Dr Doom

Zhentarim
2017-12-04, 11:33 AM
If there was a fight between those two, and you had to pick a side, which side would you pick and why?

Donnadogsoth
2017-12-04, 06:21 PM
Why are they contesting?

2D8HP
2017-12-04, 07:11 PM
I'd root for the head of state of Latveria over the alien menace anytime.

Spanish_Paladin
2017-12-04, 07:22 PM
Dr. Doom, he has far more tactical skills, he is more intelligent, he knows about magic and sorcery (skeletor main source of power) and has more tech and firepower. And if the fight is in Latveria he also has the terrain advantage.

Also Skeletor always has been a pathetic villain and Victor von Doom is one of the more awesome villains in the marvel universe.

Jay R
2017-12-06, 08:11 PM
Skeletor always loses. Dr. Doom sometimes wins or ties.

KillingAScarab
2017-12-07, 02:48 AM
If there was a fight between those two, and you had to pick a side, which side would you pick and why?Skeletor seeks to take over the realm of Eternia. Doctor Doom is/was the ruler of Latveria. Doctor Doom also provided refuge in Latveria to Asgardians when they tired of having a flying city over Broxton, Oklahoma. It was a ploy, however, to allow Doom to study them so he could build weapons, empower his army and attempt to become immortal. I imagine if Doctor Doom is in conflict with Skeletor, it is because he is attempting to do much the same sort of experimentation on Eternians and Skeletor actually has earned/taken a place of power. I would rather see Skeletor triumph over Doctor Doom than see Eternians die, so I will side with Skeletor.

Telonius
2017-12-07, 10:21 PM
I would want Skeletor to win. I would expect Dr. Doom to curbstomp him.

Mikemical
2017-12-08, 08:43 AM
I would pick Skeletor, only because he's Drew's idol.
https://1d4chan.org/images/thumb/9/9e/Drew_the_Lich_with_his_idol.jpg/300px-Drew_the_Lich_with_his_idol.jpg

Also because Skeletor would likely do something stupid like be friends with Squirrel Girl, and we all remember how that turnd out for Doom (https://sketchcardsaloon.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/squirrel-girl-doom.jpg).

Velaryon
2017-12-08, 03:56 PM
Skeletor is from the 80's Saturday morning cartoon genre, where villains were incredibly inept and always managed to be soundly defeated within 30 minutes.

Dr. Doom, on the other hand, has been allowed to actually win or at least break even sometimes.

So I'd say Doom wins this hands down.

Lvl 2 Expert
2017-12-08, 04:05 PM
Isn't two villains fighting just an invitation for the heroes to work together and curb stomp them both?

KillingAScarab
2017-12-09, 02:30 AM
Isn't two villains fighting just an invitation for the heroes to work together and curb stomp them both?I mean, I'm assuming that regardless of my choice, in my scenario He-Man and Thor have a magical transforming weapon team-up. I just haven't contrived a reason for Prince Adam and Donald Blake/Jane Foster to have a misunderstanding which initially puts their alter-egos at odds, yet.

Donnadogsoth
2017-12-09, 06:19 PM
Isn't two villains fighting just an invitation for the heroes to work together and curb stomp them both?

This site censors the use of the Lord's name in devotion, but it has no problem with people laughingly referring to horrific torture-murder techniques.

enderlord99
2017-12-09, 07:09 PM
it has no problem with people laughingly referring to horrific torture-murder techniques.

...Are you saying that "curb stomp" actually meant something other than "completely overwhelm" at some point in the past? Because it pretty much doesn't now.

EDIT: I looked it up; wow that's horrifying.