PDA

View Full Version : Ye Olde West II - The GOLD rush - Game Underway.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Supagoof
2007-08-20, 11:49 AM
Ye Olde West II – The GOLD rush.
A time of outlaws running around killing just to up the bounty on their heads for the fame. A time of bandits robbing banks and stagecoaches to make way with the loot. A time where honest citizens, cowboys, and farmers initiated there own brand of justice when the Marshall wasn't around....get a rope, the mob wants a hanging, and it's not for salsa made in NYC.

Outlaws

Billy the Kidd - Outlaw Leader - When scried, looks like townsperson. Chooses outlaw gang.
Outlaws - (WereWolves for killing.) When the number of townspeople left = number of outlaws - Outlaws win.
Tonto Wildfire - Outlaw Devil: Shaman who through spiritual prayer and dance can see who's who.

Bandits
Pecos Petey - Bandit leader - When scried, looks like a townsperson. Chooses bandit gang.
Bandits - ("Werewolves" for stealing.) When the amount of coins = 85% of the total money left. Bandits win. When a bandit is lynched, the money and items that bandit is holding goes to the auction house.
Slipery Sam - Bandit Devil - Sneaks around at night to find where the banker's safe is and crack it open. If Sam finds the safe, he can disable it from being used anymore. After he cracks the safe, he gains the experience needed to level up and begin scrying how much money a person is carrying at night.

Townsfolk

Wyatt Earp - the Sheriff - Seer: Knows how to spot a criminal just by looking them in the eye.
Doc Holiday - the Deputy - Fool: Thinks he knows as much as the sheriff does, but drinks too much to make a good judgement call.
Clint Eastwood - the Sharpshooter - Day Baner: At night sends submission on who to protect from a hanging the next day. Known to shoot out the rope to protect someone from a hanging.
The Lone Ranger - the Hero - Night Baner: Protect one person each night by taking him to camp somewhere out of town for the night on his trusty horse Silver! Hi-ho Silver, AWAY!
Matthew Quigley - the Banker - "Money" Baner: Protect's someone from getting robbed by putting their money into his personal safe. If the safe is cracked, the money in it is protected for that night still, but no more money can be protected afterwards. After the safe is cracked, the Banker role gains the ability to tell how much money a person has by focusing nightly on how much change was jingling when they walked by.
Posse - Masons: Trusted men who know each other. On the lookout for Outlaws and Bandits.
Townspeople - Villagers: Want to keep their money and their lives.

Townspeople can transfer money via PM to the narrators. If the outlaws kill or bandits steal from a person exchanging money at night, the transfer fails (as if it never happened). A person may transfer any amount at anytime. When you transfer money, your name will be given to the person you transfer to. Both will receive the PM. example: Supagoof gives 5 coins to Raldor.

Everyone starts with gold coins (via PM from narrator). Outlaws and Bandits are to be hung for killing or stealing. When number of Bandits and Outlaws = 0, Town wins. Anytime someone dies, the money they are holding is lost to the auction house, be they townsperson, banker (their money, not the stuff they are protecting), bandit, or outlaw.

NEW!
The Desert! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert) Each day, you can choose to go search the desert for lost loot. The desert grid will have loot from killed persons placed at random amongst it. Each day you can publicly post which square of the desert you want to search. First one to search the area shall receive what loot lies in it. The number of areas in the desert is determined by number of players at start of game.
{table]1|2|3|4|5|6
7|8|9|10|11|12
13|14|15|16|17|18
19|20|21|22|23|24[/table]
The desert is laid out in a grid. Simply post which number you want to search. Your narrators will tell you what, if anything, you find there. Only one person per spot per day. Only one spot per day (unless you find/buy a shovel.)

Trading Post! A small store in which you can spend your money on useful items. Things like maps to find where stuff is buried, bullets for your pistols to kill anyone who sneaks into your house, a detective kit to figure out someone’s role, and others to be placed into the store. To purchase an item simply PM a narrator. Prices subject to change daily upon availability of items. Money spent at the store is buried by store-keeper in the desert for next days searches. Items in store may not be traded.
All items for sale in trading post are usuable only once.
{table] Item | Description | Cost | Inventory
Looking Glass|Allows user to investigate crime scene in daylight to reveal 1 culprit|20|Sold Out
Bowie Knife|Allows User to save themself from a hanging by cutting away the rope|10|Sold Out
Water Bucket|May be perched on roof your your doorway, preventing a bandit or outlaw from sneaking in to commit their dasterly deed.|20|Sold Out
Makeup Kit|Changes your identity, allowing you to look like someone else for a night.|12|2
Piggy Bank|Allows User to Protect someone's money for one night|5|Sold Out
Charming Necklace|Gives User Charisma Bonus to add 1 extra point for lynching (not stackable)|5|Sold Out
Water finder Stick|Will give user idea of where treasure is buried in the desert. Usable once.|7|Sold Out
Shovel|Gives user the ability to check 2 spaces in the desert|5|4
Magic Bullet|Bullet in your gun goes off, randomly killing one person who helped finalize your fate.|25|Sold Out
Telescope|Allows you to look at someone during the night. (Like the seer!)|25|Sold Out
[/table]

Auction House! Every time someone is killed, their stuff goes up for sale at the auction house. Players can bid on the items publicly to obtain what the person had – including money and stuff bought at store. Highest bidder wins the auction (and possibly suspicion....). You can bid more then you have, but know that you will only win if the amount you have and commit is higher then the amount someone else has and commits. Auctions end and day’s end and money used in bidding goes into the desert.

Days to last 48 hours. Nights to last 24 hours.

I'll post the starting number of total coins at the beginning of the game, for those who want to keep track. - For Everyone to Know - Starting coins in the game = 250 gold coins.

Game to begin on September 4th.

Players - 9 Alive / 37 Total

Akaziel
Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Banjo1985
BassetKing
bloodluster
Bookboy
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkLightDragon
Draken
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink
Jontom Xire
Khalden
Korias
Kyrian
Mountain Fairie
North
PirateMonk
Purple Gelatenous Cube of Doom
Pwenet
RadikalSkippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Therarde
Timberwolf
Traveling Angel
Vonriel
Zar Peter
Zeb The Troll

Dead 28/37
Korias - Lynched Day 1 - Seer
Castaras - Killed Night 2 - Posse
Shadow - Killed Night 3 - Townsperson
Khaldan - Lynched Day 4 - Townsperson
PirateMonk - Autolynched Day 4 - Townsperson
CurlyKitGirl - Autolynched Day 4 - Outlaw
Zeb The Troll - Killed Night 4 - Bandit
Evnafets - Lynched Day 5 - Townsperson
Alarra - Killed Night 5 - Bandit
Akaziel - Lynched Day 6 - Townsperson
Kyrian - Lynched Day 7 - Townsperson
Indurain - Killed Night 7 - Posse
RadikalSkippy - Lynched Day 8 - Townsperson
Zar Peter - Lynched Day 9 - Townsperson
Fleeing Coward, Killed Night 9 - Fool
Helgraf - Lynched Day 10 - Townsperson
Bloodluster - Autolynched Day 10 - Townsperson
Draken - Killed Night 10 - Townsperson
BassetKing - Lynched Day 11 - Bandit
Pwenet - Killed Night 11 - Bandit Devil
Raiser B1ade - Killed Night 12 - Posse
Bookboy - Killed Night 12 - Outlaw Devil
Captain Van Der Decken - Lynched Day 13 - Outlaw
Purple Gelatenous Cube of Doom - Autolynched Day 13 - Outlaw
Vonriel - Lynched Day 14 - Pecos Pete, Alpha Bandit
Smellie Hippie - Townsperson - Killed night 14
Almighty Salmon - Banker - Lynched Day 15
Therarde - Townsperson - Autolynched Day 15

Zar Peter
2007-08-20, 11:51 AM
I'll read the rules later!

First to sign up :smallbiggrin: !

Supagoof
2007-08-20, 11:55 AM
*Makes note to give bonus coin at start of game to Zar Peter for being first to signup without hesitation*

PirateMonk
2007-08-20, 12:08 PM
I join, but I can't get the spoilers open. Hopefully they'll fix themselves now that I've said this.

Edit- No, still won't work.

Almighty Salmon
2007-08-20, 12:13 PM
You can count me in! This should be fun :smallbiggrin:

Traveling_Angel
2007-08-20, 12:49 PM
How do the Bandits win? Heck, how do they steal stuff?

Otherwise, This looks fun. Sign me up.

Alarra
2007-08-20, 12:55 PM
I'm in. :smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-20, 12:56 PM
One more won't kill me. This is the last one for a while unless a lot of these games finish up quickly.

Captain van der Decken
2007-08-20, 12:59 PM
In !

Shadow
2007-08-20, 02:29 PM
Count me in.

*please let every single one of the groups of bad guys pick me again so that I can get a townsfolk role and get killed night one again....*

Supagoof
2007-08-20, 02:41 PM
How do the Bandits win? Heck, how do they steal stuff?

Otherwise, This looks fun. Sign me up.

Bandits steal gold from one person nightly. The win when they have 85% of the towns gold.....which will be given at the begining of the game.

((Still figuring out a few details on who starts with how much...Indurain better respond to my PM or I'll have Atreyu kick him on my behalf. :smalltongue: ))

And so those who have played before know, same objective as last time, slightly different rules should make for no bandit dominance or bandit disadvantage. :smallwink:

lol - Shadow. yeah, that was unfortunate. Hopefully my method of picking this time will lead to a more vague selection by each team. In other words, expect the narrators to be extremely deceptive. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Kyrian
2007-08-20, 02:55 PM
Kyrian sees word Signups and hits OK!

SIGN ME UP SUPA!

Castaras
2007-08-20, 03:07 PM
Yay! Ye Olde West!

The cowpie is ready to go! IN!

Pwenet
2007-08-20, 03:07 PM
Count me in for this!

Indurain
2007-08-20, 03:36 PM
I'm in...and Goof the PM is incoming soon.

Khaldan
2007-08-20, 03:51 PM
In! Give me a role!

evnafets
2007-08-20, 04:01 PM
This one looks interesting. I'm in.

Bassetking
2007-08-20, 06:30 PM
I'm in. I'm So very in.

Draken
2007-08-20, 06:47 PM
In, looks good.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-20, 07:06 PM
Soooo in!

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-20, 07:36 PM
In, hopefully I'd be dead in a few of the 5 games I'm currently in before this starts.

Korias
2007-08-20, 07:45 PM
I'll join, as I just died as the 300'd Camper.

Helgraf
2007-08-20, 09:29 PM
Aww dang - I'd have been first to reply, but I had to work. Sign me up anyway.

smellie_hippie
2007-08-21, 11:25 AM
I'm in on this one. The first one sounded great!

*packs trusty six-shooter*

Skippy
2007-08-21, 11:31 AM
Aliens, camping, mafia... Let's give this a shot, too!!
I really need practice...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-21, 11:47 AM
oooooh, I wanted to kick Indurain.

Ah well, the llama will ride again. Lets hope he gets a better name than Mr. Fluffers.

Supagoof
2007-08-21, 11:50 AM
Indurain still hasn't sent me that PM, so consider the opportunity still open. :smallbiggrin:

Mountain_Faerie
2007-08-21, 12:16 PM
I'd love to play!

Jontom Xire
2007-08-22, 02:21 AM
It sounds fantastic, I'm definitely in. Two things though:

1) Dessert is something you eat after your main course. Also known as pudding. I think you mean "desert".
2) I can't open the spoilers for the roles. It may be a problem at my end. Anyone else having problems?

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-22, 02:26 AM
In for me! That last game was awesome :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-22, 02:31 AM
oooooh, I wanted to kick Indurain.

Ah well, the llama will ride again. Lets hope he gets a better name than Mr. Fluffers.*considers taking 'Mr. Fluffers' as his persona for this one* :smallcool:

Alarra
2007-08-22, 06:07 AM
1) Dessert is something you eat after your main course. Also known as pudding. I think you mean "desert".

Actually, we've had this conversation already. He means dessert.

banjo1985
2007-08-22, 06:15 AM
I am incredibly in...only my 3rd game so shouldn't be too hard to keep track!

Timberwolf
2007-08-22, 08:20 AM
Go on, in.

The little blind lady settles back in her rocking chair and reassuringly pats her trusty old 12 gauge scattergun. Those thieving varmints may know she can't see but she'll make up for it with sheer spread of fire.

Vhaidara
2007-08-22, 08:26 AM
Sign me up. 5 games, geez, I'm gonna be confused.

Supagoof
2007-08-22, 11:59 AM
Actually, we've had this conversation already. He means dessert.

Maybe Jontom eats large tracks of sand with cactus on them after his meals? :smalltongue:

*clips idea down for possible death scene....* :smallamused:

EDIT:

Indurain has responded to the PM. If you haven't kicked him Atreyu you missed your chance.

So, here's how the gold will work out....

3 starting gold
+1 if you played YOW1
+1 if you won YOW1
+2 if you played in Pirates (Transfer of money from 2nd shopping trip that was lost to a secret taco invasion.)
+5 if you were a narrator in Pirates (because you couldn't spend any gold in that game)
+10 if you won a silly bet made in rebelion (ahem...masked one.)
+1 if you posted first in this thread. (Looks through telescope...)

There, that's my logic for giving out the gold. I may add to it later, but for those who want to track and calculate, you can figure how much people are starting out with.

28 people so far! Woohoo! Raldor and I are excited. Remember game start 9/4/07.

Edit #2: Actully, checked Wikipedia and Websters, Desert is the right spelling for area of sand. Dessert is a pudding. But I still may use the idea for a death scene. Bonus one coin to Jontom for catching this!

Shadow
2007-08-22, 05:43 PM
So, here's how the gold will work out....
[spoiler]
3 starting gold
+1 if you played YOW1
+1 if you won YOW1
+2 if you played in Pirates (Transfer of money from 2nd shopping trip that was lost to a secret taco invasion.)
+5 if you were a narrator in Pirates (because you couldn't spend any gold in that game)
+10 if you won a silly bet made in rebelion (ahem...masked one.)
+1 if you posted first in this thread. (Looks through telescope...)

There, that's my logic for giving out the gold. I may add to it later, but for those who want to track and calculate, you can figure how much people are starting out with.Let's see.
So I start with....
6 gold.
Any bonus for being the one that made him win that bet? I did kinda tilt the favor in his direction, after the bet was made, without asking you first, didn't I 'Goof?
*Looks around sheepishly*

I'll bet half my gold that if Atreyu's not the first person robbed (20+ gold), that he's a Bandit.
Any takers?

Seriously.
I hope that was just for fun, because otherwise you've just given the Bandits a HUGE advantage by posting those rules here.

Vonriel
2007-08-22, 06:08 PM
Wait, can I get more than 2 from being lynched before the first shopping trip in pirates? :smalltongue:

Anyway, I'm in.

Helgraf
2007-08-22, 09:52 PM
Hmmm, then in theory I should start with 6 gold. In theory.

Also, in case I forgot - sign me up.

Korias
2007-08-22, 10:01 PM
I get... 3 Gold. No bonuses for me.

Supagoof
2007-08-23, 12:10 AM
Let's see.
So I start with....
6 gold.
Any bonus for being the one that made him win that bet? I did kinda tilt the favor in his direction, after the bet was made, without asking you first, didn't I 'Goof?
*Looks around sheepishly*

I'll bet half my gold that if Atreyu's not the first person robbed (20+ gold), that he's a Bandit.
Any takers?

Seriously.
I hope that was just for fun, because otherwise you've just given the Bandits a HUGE advantage by posting those rules here.

He only won because we converted Castaras before we could recruit him, and then gave her the throne. I fully intended to make him a rebel before the game was over when I made the bet. :smallwink:

And did I give the bandits an advantage? Since roles haven't been decided yet, that's hard to say. I mean, you could argue the bandit leader would be smart to take those with higher coins to start, but then again that also makes people with higher coins more likely to be on the lynch wagon for being a bandit doesn't it? And of course, this time around you can transfer coins at any time to any player for any amount you have, plus there's not a real way to tell if how many coins someone actually has until they die. Hmmm - *ponders about adding that option to the banker/safe-cracker roles. Maybe it becomes active after and if the safe gets cracked* Anyway, you all now have reasoning to begin your first day points, counterpoints, bandwagons, and arguements. :smallsmile:

Sorry Vonriel, the records for pirate gold were...misplaced. Originally I had given the narrators "X" amount of gold which would be available for purchase in the stores in pirates - sadly since it was never distributed, this was the new method I came up with that would work the best.

And Korias - game hasn't started yet. There may be more ways to earn gold before it does. *Glances over at SMBG Heal/Hurt thread* :smallwink: :smallbiggrin: :smallamused: :smallredface:

((And yes, I do intend to pass out some gold discretely still before the game begins.))

North
2007-08-23, 12:19 AM
Ill play. Ill be poor :smallfrown: but sounds fun

banjo1985
2007-08-23, 03:00 AM
Hmmm that would be 4 gold for me then....yay!

Zar Peter
2007-08-23, 07:21 AM
So I get 4 gold. +1 for being first and not +2 for Pirates because I claimed my life jacket to live another day and have two death scenes.

Wich was it worth!

smellie_hippie
2007-08-23, 08:38 AM
So I'm at 5 gold right now.
3 for starters, and an addition +2 for playing Pirates (per game of pirates, or just pirates 1?) If it for each... I'm at 7. Now lessee........
Hows about another +1 or +2 for nudging Raldor (in person) to get going with YOW II last night over a cup of coffee?
No wait... nevermind. He'll take it back for my overlooking his request to join the camping game... nevermind.

*smellie_hippie hides sheepishly in the corner...*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-23, 08:51 AM
Any takers?

I think we both know that beneath the facade of foolishness that I wear, that I am still wise enough to dump that gold into Alarra's hands the very second this game starts. I'm not running around with that much GP.

Korias
2007-08-23, 09:19 AM
I think we both know that beneath the facade of foolishness that I wear, that I am still wise enough to dump that gold into Alarra's hands the very second this game starts. I'm not running around with that much GP.

OF course, now that that happens, Bandits are going to strike Alarra while the Llama keeps his booty.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-23, 09:46 AM
of course. Its fun to steal Alarra's clothes. All the bandits should try it.

Skippy
2007-08-23, 12:34 PM
Aw well, then I guess I'll be poor... I found this kind of games too late...

Supagoof
2007-08-23, 03:46 PM
And the pre-game warmup has begun.......

smellie_hippie
2007-08-23, 04:45 PM
And the pre-game warmup has begun.......

I think Supagoof is from Camp-Wrong-Side-of-the-Tracks!! :smallamused:
*smellie_hippie points at Supagoof*

Raiser Blade
2007-08-25, 06:01 PM
If there is still room im in.

Lets see that makes n+1 games im currently in where n is a ridiculously large number

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-26, 09:18 AM
I get... 3 Gold. No bonuses for me.

Actually, you're down to 2 now. You lost one to me in a bet in Revolution IV.

(This post stated primarily for the benefit of the narrators.)

Akaziel
2007-08-26, 09:29 AM
Eh, I'm in if sign-ups aren't over.

w00t. Five Gold.

Khaldan
2007-08-26, 11:04 AM
wait, what happened atreyu? I don't remeber a bet..

Akaziel
2007-08-26, 11:12 AM
In Revo? Atreyu bet Korias one YOW Gold to see if he would live through the night. Atreyu died Night Two, so... Atreyu won.

Therarde
2007-08-26, 04:08 PM
If there's still open spaces I'm so in.

bloodluster
2007-08-26, 05:39 PM
You know I've never played one of these...Mind if I join?
*smiles evily*

Korias
2007-08-26, 07:39 PM
Actually, you're down to 2 now. You lost one to me in a bet in Revolution IV.

(This post stated primarily for the benefit of the narrators.)

Yup. I swear, I think those agitators cheated me out of a GP because of that bet.

Supagoof
2007-08-27, 12:26 PM
Yep, still room for signups. Welcome to the game Akaziel, Bloodluster, Raiser B1ade, and Therarde.

Hmm, I don't recall that bet being sent to the narrators, but I'll allow it, which officially makes Korias the "poorest" in the game with 2gp, and Atreyu the "richest" in the game with 21gp. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin: :smallamused:

Speaking of crazy bets, I never heard the result of, but still have a PM about a bet Atreyu made with Shadow? Anything become of that you two?

And yes, if you want to "transfer" money pre game because of silly bets or other stuff....then send us narrators a PM about it.

Raldor
Supagoof

Ink
2007-08-29, 12:07 AM
Werewolf has ended. Colour me in!

Vonriel
2007-08-29, 12:14 AM
Hmm. What colour would that be? Purple? Pink? Oooh, pink would be gooood.

Ink
2007-08-29, 12:53 AM
Pink would be just fine. I have no qualms about my sexuality. :smallamused:

Supagoof
2007-08-29, 11:11 AM
Hmmm. Anyone seen reservoir dogs?

Ink = Mr. Pink

Update - Player list. 37 Players.

Akaziel
Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Banjo1985
BassetKing
Bloodluster
Bookboy
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkLightDragon
Draken
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink as Mr. Pink
Jontom Xire
Khalden
Korias
Kyrian
Mountain Fairie
North
PirateMonk
Pwenet
RadikalSkippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Therarde
Timberwolf
Traveling Angel
Vonriel
Zar Peter
Zeb The Troll

Game begins in less then a week. Signups to close on Monday, September 4th. PMs to be sent shortly afterwards.

@V With a name like bloodluster, you'd enjoy it. A movie of a heist gone awry. Though it comes with an R rating.

bloodluster
2007-09-02, 07:25 PM

Ink = Mr. Pink

Update - Player list. 34 Players.

Akaziel
Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Banjo1985
BassetKing
Bloodluster
Bookboy
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkLightDragon
Draken
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink as Mr. Pink
Jontom Xire
Khalden
Korias
Kyrian
Mountain Fairie
North
PirateMonk
Pwenet
RadikalSkippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Therarde
Traveling Angel
Zar Peter
Zeb The Troll

Game begins in less then a week. Signups to close on Monday, September 4th. PMs to be sent shortly afterwards.

Nah never seen it, whats it about?

Vonriel
2007-09-02, 07:37 PM
Anyway, I'm in.

Update - Player list. 34 Players.

Akaziel
Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
Banjo1985
BassetKing
Bloodluster
Bookboy
Captain Van Der Decken
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkLightDragon
Draken
Evnafets
Fleeing Coward
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink as Mr. Pink
Jontom Xire
Khalden
Korias
Kyrian
Mountain Fairie
North
PirateMonk
Pwenet
RadikalSkippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Therarde
Traveling Angel
Zar Peter
Zeb The Troll

You people like ignoring me.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-02, 07:57 PM
I'm going to have to be in on this one.

Indurain
2007-09-03, 12:13 AM

Torture you? That's good, that's a good idea. I like that!

Can I be Mr. Blonde?

Shadow
2007-09-03, 03:08 PM
I think the part of Mr. Orange suits me nicely, don't you?

Oh wait....

He was a good guy pretending to be bad.

Nevermind....

Indurain
2007-09-03, 03:10 PM
You've got a point there Shadow...alright, you can be Mr. Blonde.

I'll be Mr. Orange. That is more suiting and truth be told he was my favourite.

The Latrine story will always be a highlight in the history of cinema to me.

Shadow
2007-09-03, 03:11 PM
I think I should be Mr. Brown.

He gets killed really early.... :smallamused:

Supagoof
2007-09-04, 11:22 AM
Signups Closed. PMs to alpha's going out soon. Once teams are picked, everyone else will get a PM with starting gold and role.

I'll then post again that PMs have been sent. Please let Raldor or myself know if you did not receive a PM once that post has been made.

And Vonriel, PGCoD - I've got you as well. :smallwink:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-05, 06:29 AM
For the record, in this game as in the last, I'm keeping my role a closely guarded secret. All IM's received on the subject will be answered with a quote. That is all.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 04:23 PM
I'm gonna roleplay Wiley Burp.

"Give him the laaazy eye."

Therarde
2007-09-05, 04:24 PM
Oh dear...I still need to think of a role. 49er maybe? I'll think of something. Maybe.

Supagoof
2007-09-05, 04:46 PM
Allright. All PMs have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, please let Raldor and Supagoof know via PM.

First post coming soon.

Supagoof
2007-09-05, 05:59 PM
It was a quiet day in the lovely town of Phatlewt. The sun high amongst the clouds in the sky, a tumbleweed rolled down main street. Old man Enpeesea sat on the front parch playing his harmonica. Supagoof and Raldor sat with their feet propped up on the hitching post, leaned back in their chairs. Supagoof had his hat hanging low over his eyes, while Raldor kept a watchful eye on the happening in the street. Yes, it seems that life has just gotten back to normal in this quiet place.

*WHOOO WHOOO*

The train whistled as it pulled into the station.

Must be the noon train. Let’s go pick up the delivery shall we?

Yep. Reckon we should.

The two gunmen hopped out of their chair and headed over to the train depot.

*KABOOM!*

The train exploded in a fiery ball of steam and explosion.

Listen ‘ere y’all. I’m back, and this time I ain’t takin’ no prisner’s! Said a man, perched up on the depot roof. Y’all thought I wuz evil before, well now I’se gonna show you’se the true meanin’ of evil. Billy the Kidd’s gonna ‘ave it all this time. There’s no bandit’s round to steal my thunda…

*KABOOM!* An explosion from across town at the bank disrupts Billy’s monologue.
YEEHAW! Boys, now let’s hurry up and get out of here before they figure out it was us again. Sure don’t believe they rebuilt the safe with the exact same model, but hey – even the sun shines on a scoundrel some days. Sure as my name’s Pecos Pete. YAHOO!

As the bandit’s pour out of the bank, you can see the anger in Billy’s face. Not again darnit! After ‘em boys. We’re gonna get them this time!

As the Outlaws chase after the Bandits out of town, the rest of the townspeople gather around the train wreck. Lying amongst the rubble, the bodies of Supagoof and Raldor lie, dead.

Old man Enpeesea comes and takes the bodies away. The next day a few signs are posted around town.

Wanted: For the killing of Raldor and Supagoof. Billy the Kid and gang.

Wanted: For the robbing of the Phatlewt National Bank. Pecos Pete and gang.

Auction to be held for the articles of Supagoof and Raldor. To the highest bidder goes the spoils.

Action is Open
To bid, simply label Auction: Amount in gold – Person. Example Auction:5 coins – Supagoof. Highest bid at day’s end wins item. Money to be placed at random in desert.

Store is Open

All items are usable only once.
{table]For Sale|Description|Cost in gold|Inventory
Looking Glass|Allows user to investigate crime scene in daylight to reveal 1 culprit|20|2
Bowie Knife|Allows User to save themself from a hanging by cutting away the rope|10|2
Water Bucket|May be perched on roof your your doorway, preventing a bandit or outlaw from sneaking in to commit their dasterly deed.|15|2
Makeup Kit|Changes your identity, allowing you to look like someone else for a night.|15|2
Piggy Bank|Allows User to Protect someone's money for one night|5|3
Charming Necklace|Gives User Charisma Bonus to add 1 extra point for lynching (not stackable)|5|4
Water finder Stick|Will give user idea of where treasure is buried in the desert. Usable once.|7|4
Shovel|Gives user the ability to check 2 spaces in the desert|5|5
Magic Bullet|Bullet in your gun goes off when you die, randomly killing one person who helped finalize your fate|30|1
[/table]
Prices in store subject to availability. Please PM the narrator’s if you’d like to purchase an item. Money used to purchase items placed at random in desert

The Desert (is open?) has 36 spaces available to search. Please post which space you’d like to search. Results to be returned via PM from the narrators. Only one person per space. Only one space per day. (Unless you buy a shovel)

Day Begins and will end in 72 hours. Get to pointing, and enjoy!

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-05, 06:27 PM
Zeb The Gunman walks out into the street to watch the goings on, a six-shooter holstered on each hip and plenty of bullets for reloadin'.

Seems we've got some trouble in this here town and the law just got minimized. Looks like y'all'll be needin' someone to fill in as a lawman. Reckon I'd be the man for the job until the marshalls send in someone official-like.

With this, Zeb pulls out a pin and puts it on his vest. It looks like a lawman's badge, but something doesn't seem quite right about it. It's actually too shiny.

http://www.therpsajik.com/8007.jpg

With that, he starts wandering around the town looking at each person suspiciously.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 07:41 PM
Chewing on the tobacco, Pwenet, the tombstone and coffin maker, looks up from the gravestone he has been working on.

"What is that? Some people getting killed? Bandits? Business is booming! I probably should get to work!"

He starts chipping away at a unmarked headstone. After several minutes of work, he steps back, and spits the tobacco into a jar nearby, already overfilling with used chewing tobacco while looking at the headstone.

Here Lies Supergoof.
He owed me 20 Gold.
Enjoyed the drink too much.

"Perfect. Now I guess that 20 Gold won't go and find itself, or magically walk over here from the copse of that deadbeat."

Seeing the desert, and recalling rumors of treasure, he ventures out towards space #27 to see what he can find.

Before he leaves, he grabs a simple one for Raldor and quickly chisels the name "Raldor" into it.

Here lies Raldor.
He was a fool.
Thus he got killed in a foolish manner.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-05, 07:46 PM
Zeb eyes the suspicious Pwenet and follows him out to the desert to see what he's up to. He digs in space #26 while he keeps an eye on the wiley coffinmaker.

Therarde
2007-09-05, 07:52 PM
Therarde sits in the saloon, eying his opponent suspiciously. Yer a tricky one, ya are... The man sitting across from him looks him in the eye, and says Got any threes? Therarde throws his cards on the table. Darn it, you win again. I need to go find some more money to play with. He heads outside. Sure, he had heard rumors of bandits and outlaws, but it didn't trouble him much. He heads over to the desert. Now then...was it here? Or here? He digs in space #28.

Draken
2007-09-05, 07:54 PM
Draken, the local priest, prepares things to the incoming burials and when he is over, he walks over to the desert and starts digging space #30.

This will be a looong week...

evnafets
2007-09-05, 07:55 PM
A buckboard driven by a well dressed, slightly portly gentleman, pulls up alongside the stables.

Whoa there me beauties!
"Doc" Evans looks around at the town he has just arrived in.

"And I thought this was going to be a quiet little backwater. Maybe there will be some people interested in my wares."
Rummaging around in the back of his wagon, he pulls out his sign

Doc Evans' All-Purpose Health Elixir.
For warts, colds, cramps, headaches - you name it, this cures it.

2 Gold per bottle.

"Yes-sir-ree, I think we might just have to stay in this town for a little while"

Khaldan
2007-09-05, 08:02 PM
Khaldan begins walking to square #7, when he passes by the goofs' tombstone. He sighs.

Goof, why did you try to get alarras panties again..

He then sees the auction, and bids 4 gold on the auction on supagoofs crap.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 08:10 PM
As he starts looking, chewing his tobacco, Pwenet spies Zeb the Troll in the next grid over. Narrowing his eyes, for Zeb the Trolls seems to be paying more attention to him vs. the ground, he spits out a long stream of used chewing tobacco into Zeb's territory.

"You got a problem mister? If so, I may be making a new tombstone with your name on it."

Adjusting his hat, he turns and starts looking around for loot.

Alarra
2007-09-05, 08:19 PM
At the sounds of the explosions, Alarrabelle comes out of the saloon, clearly shaken. She turns to a random spectator and bats her eyes while looking shocked, "Why, whatever was that?"

"I don't think so, Miss Bransford," comes a voice from behind her as a tall man comes out behind her. "You come back in here and finish this game. Least til you win back what'n you owe me."

"How can you play cards at a time like this?" she drawls indignantly. "Can't you see that there train just exploded? And the bank!" She gives the man a sheepish smile. "Well, I did plan to get the money I owed you out of there, but it looks like that just ain't possible." She shrugs apologetically leaning closer to him and smiling.

At this he reaches down and grabs her arm. "Hey now!" The ace of spades which he just plucked from her sleeve twirls in his fingertips. "Well...I never...." She pales slightly at the look on his face. "You can't believe I..."

She looks around furtively before finding a convenient npc walking by. She grabs him by the arm. "Oh thank heavens you're here." She grasps his arm tightly, and the look of confusion on his face is evident. "This man here's accusin' lil ol me of cheating." She bats her eyes. "You'll set him straight...won't you?" And with a flash she's disappeared into the crowd, leaving the befuddled newcomer to deal with the angry man.

She reappears in the desert, thinking it looks at least somewhat safe and sees the people already here. "Buried gold you say?" She looks skeptical, but begins to dig in space #25

smellie_hippie
2007-09-05, 08:33 PM
*smellie_barkeep spits in a glass and wipes it with a cloth that looks just as grimy as his 5 o'clock shadow*

It's lookin' like we gots ourselves a mess. *pi-tew* Y'all stay put an keep up yer drinkin'... *casts a wary eye at the bar patrons* Ain't nobody ever messed with smellie's shot glass afore now... ain't nobody gonna start neither. Have yerself a sassparilla and calm down.

*smellie_barkeep fills a two-finger shot of Jack's finest, and tosses it back*

edit: smellie_barkeep runs out back and digs in spot number 8.

Shadow
2007-09-05, 08:49 PM
Hearing the noise from the explosion a few miles away, the blind rider heads due east to see what help he could offer, if any.

The horse he strode up on was just about the ugliest horse you'd ever seen.
In fact, it was no horse at all. Rather, it was a filthy, hairy llama.
And it liked to bite the poor old man.
But it somehow always seemed to understand him like no other "horse" that he'd ever had....

*snap*

"Gol'dernit! When're you gonna quit with the dat burned bitin, you old nag, you? I swears, if'n you weren't so dern smart, I'da shot yer by now and been done wit it!"

The llama just turns it's head and stares at the filthy, smelly old man for a moment.
And then he spits on him.

"Why I'mona kills ya, ya dumb.... grumble grumble.
Just takes us to der nearest place fer a meal, will ya alreadys?"

The llama turns it's nose forward and heads east again at the promise of a good meal.
The blind rider's ears perk up for a moment and he draws his lucky sixshooter.
When the shot rings out, all that remains where he'd aimed was the carcass of a fox in the settling dust a few hundred feet out.

Pointing at the Llama and then to the evening's feast, the old man says "Do us both a favor an fetch that there animal fer din din fer me, huh? I'll start a fire fer cookin whiles you graze on some brush. I can smells it jus over dat way, I can."
((This was in no way intended to start a lynchmob against the poor llama.
Strictly RP.))

When his "horse" gets to the fallen fox, he lays his head down in the usual fashion to let the old man know that they've arrived. Once on the ground the old man begins to dig a small hole in the area that he's designated as 19 West for a fire pit of sorts.

"Ya know what ya old nag?" the old man says thoughtfully as he's eating his fill, As much as I trust my lucky six shooter to steer me right, I trust you more.
Not sure what I'd do without'cha ya old nag. Whad'a'ya say we heads in to dat there town and sees what we can sees" the blind man says with a smirk.

Auction: 3 gold, Raldor's crap.

Korias
2007-09-05, 09:00 PM
Korias is sleeping, once again, under the Train Station's platform. Its not easy living when you dont have a home. Well, a home that can be locked, anyways. Crawling out, he dons his tattered coat and heads out to the desert. Heading into Area One, he begins to dig, eying Raldor suspiciously.

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-05, 09:03 PM
Eyea, the resident Hopi metalsmith, looks up from her anvil when she hears the train approaching town. She sets down her hammer and slides the almost completed brooch into the lining of her deerskin dress.

She walks outside, carefully avoiding the outlaws and bandits as they race through town. Looks like they are heading towards grandfather's ravine. She tracks them for a little while, wondering if they may have dropped any gold on their way out of town. Since she is running low on materials and needs to make wedding bands for the grocer and his bride to be, she decides to start digging in space # 12.

Bassetking
2007-09-05, 09:29 PM
Dr. Professor Samuel J. Basset, Esq. P.h.D. , Holistic All-natural Purveyor of Mummy-dust and Liniment elixirs, shook his head from the vantage point of his wagon, on the outskirts of town, and took a long pull at the neck of the bottle of Patent Nerve-Tonic poking out from his duster.

Bad sights, and bad signs all around... He muttered to himself, heading off to investigate PLOT #17

Vhaidara
2007-09-05, 09:36 PM
Bookboy Country Senior (Nothing to do with Brisco County Junior) starts looking around and digging in square #! Square 2.

(It's legally different. Damn you, Kroias, for typing out your numbers!)

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-05, 09:56 PM
Okay folks, looks like we are all having fun!

I just wanted to remind everyone that you do need to lynch some poor person today. Currently we have 1 vote for llama and 1 vote for me, which, since I'm already dead that means that the llama is in the lead!

Also don't forget the auctions of whatever I and Supagoof had when we died is available. We've only had one bid so far (and they forgot to specify whose loot they were after)

I would like to request that everyone agree on a color for all searches so that they are easier for me and Goof to find and for your fellow townsfolk. I'd prefer that red remain for pointing and I think that blue shows up pretty well. I would recommend using that for auction bids as well.

Another friendly reminder: Only one person can search/dig in any given square per day, so you might need to pay attention to whats been searched in. We've already had one collision today, this will probably be less of a problem once your numbers get thinned out a bit.

The following squares are still up for grabs today (I'll try to update this as these are searched):

--Raldor

Vhaidara
2007-09-05, 09:59 PM
(Raldor, I edited. I'm taking #2 now.)

BB points at Korias
[Old West Talk]Wanting to kill poor Raldor? Wow, you must also be pretty stupid. He's already dead! Killed by Billy the Kid!

(I refuse to type it that way. Mostly because I never really got into westerns and live in Ohio.)

Draken
2007-09-05, 10:02 PM
Yes kid, desacrating the dead is a terrible sin indeed, how can you even consider that? the priest nods in disaprovance at Korias.

Pwenet
2007-09-05, 10:07 PM
Taking a break from his searching, Pwenet wanders around, and picks up gossip that Korias was pointed at a dead man. While he liked dead people, for they gave good business, pointing that the dead was responsible was strange at the very least. Looking and seeing Korias, he chews his tobacco some more and spits out the used chewing tobacco towards Korias general direction.

Shadow
2007-09-05, 10:13 PM
Currently we have 1 vote for llama and 1 vote for me, which, since I'm already dead that means that the llama is in the lead!
---------That would be me.
Also don't forget the auctions of whatever I and Supagoof had when we died is available. We've only had one bid so far (and they forgot to specify whose loot they were after)
--------No I didn't!
Pointing at the Llama *snip*
Strictly RP.))

*snip*

Auction: 3 gold, Raldor's crap.
See!
I want your crap!

Khaldan
2007-09-05, 10:14 PM
And I want supagoofs crap! Maybe he has alarras panties somewhere... *hides from alarra*

Vhaidara
2007-09-05, 10:26 PM
(Now time for a more RPing point.)

BBCS sees Korias trying to kill a dead man nearby, and attempts to knock him out with a shovel.
If you wanted their stuff, go to the auction. Let the dead Rest In Peace.

Helgraf
2007-09-05, 10:42 PM
"Con sarn blast it. I knows them squirrely fellas is what up to that train job. If'n only I had old Betsy, I'd show 'em what for."

Old Man Helgraf and his squirrely rifle / shovel combo head out to

Dig up square #31.
Auction: 4 Gold, Raldor's possessions.

*Old Man Helgraf doesn't level the barrel at anyone - yet*

Shadow
2007-09-05, 10:47 PM
The old blind man's keen hearing picks up Old Man Helgraf's bid rom a distance as he and the llama are entering the saloon.
"Get that mangy beast outa here you crazy old coot!" the barkeep screams.
"Heya nag. take me to dat dere fella dat outbid me. I gots a bone er two ta pick widdim."

raise auction bid: 5 gold, Raldor's crap.

Khaldan
2007-09-05, 10:53 PM
must.. not.. point.. at.. shadow.. for pirates.. three... Screw it.

*points at shadow for getting him killed in pirates*

psst, you started the bandwagon against me on like day 5. So totally your fault. lemme see if I can find the post.

'Linky to that lynch: here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2936579&postcount=655)

Shadow
2007-09-05, 11:04 PM
psssst.
I wasn't a pirate.
I had no control over what they decided, ultimately, until the very end of the game.
Point at Goof instead.
Actually, play this game and forget about that one....

Helgraf
2007-09-05, 11:10 PM
Old Man Helgraf exchanges chaw with Shadow, and shakes his head. "That dad blam fool pointed at you? Well hell, I can go one up on that!"

Auction: Helgraf abandons his Bid on Raldor, and bids 5 gold on Supagoof's stuff.

*Old Man Helgraf levels the shotgun/shovel at Khaldan*

Shadow
2007-09-05, 11:16 PM
psst, you started the bandwagon against me on like day 5. So totally your fault. lemme see if I can find the post.

'Linky to that lynch: here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2936579&postcount=655)That wasn't on day 5.
It was more like 8 or 9.
And it was right after I found out Maggie was a pirate and we finally got everything squared.
But you're right. It was totally my fault....

well, really it was your fault. For pointing at Maggie first. When we had just gotten majority.
In fact, I think it was closer to day 11 or 12....??....

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-05, 11:36 PM
Zeb, after scowling at Pwenet for spitting in his lot, turns his attention to the squabbling Shadow and Khaldan while conspicuously flashing his tin badge.

What in blue bloody hell are you two yammerin' on about? Pirates!? Boy, can't you see we're in the desert here?

Pointing at Khaldan,
You, take your panties fixation and your fancy stories somewhere else.

Eyeing, Shadow next,
And you, take your filthy camel and your agitating about fancy stories over to smellie's shot glass where a fancy story is supposed to be bein' told.

Satisfied with his law keeping, Zeb turns back to his digging and keeping an eye on Pwenet and the others who are suddenly crowding the desert.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-06, 12:07 AM
"Well, I thought this town was a little quiet."

Slowly, TA wanders over to Alarrabelle digging out in the middle of the desert.

"Miss, I must admit, you're one mean card shark. Don't deny it, it's a compliment. Just letting you know I want to talk about that."

Looking over his shoulder on his way to Plot #13 "You can call me TA."

Later, he wanders by Korias, or rather, people muttering nasty things about him.

"I'll keep an eye on him."

Zar Peter
2007-09-06, 12:42 AM
The chinese laundry shopkeeper looks around.

Oh no, not again! On the other hand side... digging in the dust... stains in trousers... good for the buisness. I'll take square 29, please!

Oh and an auction, too? I will bid 5 coins for Supagoofs lot. I have still Supagoofs dirty trousers here, maybe the winner will pay for their laundry.

Then he points at Smellie Hippie:

Don't you have enough work in an other game?

Helgraf
2007-09-06, 01:22 AM
Oh and an auction, too? I will bid 5 coins for Supagoofs lot. I have still his trousers here, maybe it's enough to pay their laundry.[/COLOR]

((Psst, I've already bid 5 on that lot. You'll need to go higher if you want to claim it.))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-06, 01:36 AM
Jontom Xire flaps off to desert section 13, floating on thermals as he flies across the hot sands. As he flies he muses. That Zeb seemed mighty brazen taking the Sheriff's spot like that. What better position, when so trusted, to be stealing from the good peoples of PhatLewt.

Jontom Xire points at Zeb the Troll.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 03:46 AM
A small kid approaches towards PhatLewt. From the distance it appears you can see a white hat and some very blonde hair. With each step he takes closer you can start to hear some very odd music.

The milky bar kid is strong and tough
only the best is good enough
the creamiest milk, the whitest bar
thats nestle's milky bar!

Finally he reachest PhatLewt and then the music stops.

Hey folks. I'm Salmon. But people know me as the Milky bar kid! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkybar)

With that, he wanders off to square 2 to do some digging.

banjo1985
2007-09-06, 03:59 AM
Banjo Boyd walks out of the saloon, watching the townsfolk dissapear off into the desert with spades in hand. He tips his fedora down to shield his eyes from the morning sun and grips his own shovel.

Looks like a good old fashioned gold rush. Better make sure everyone plays nice.

Banjo heads into the desert, whistling to the song "Dueling Banjo's" and digs in spot 4. While out there he hears the townsfolk muttering about Korias.

Points at Korias What's this guy done to get you all a fussin' 'n' a fuedin'?

smellie_hippie
2007-09-06, 06:02 AM
*smellie_barkeep tips his hat towards Zeb*

Thankee kindly for trying to keep law and order in our lil' backwoods deputy...
*squits to read his badge (http://www.whpd.com/images/juniorbadge.jpg)*
...deputy Toys-R-Us. As fer you mister Zar Petey... I gots my time squared away just fine a-tween westerns and campin'... you jus worry about yer own scrawny neck.

*smellie_barkeep points at Cap'n Decken*

Who's that varmit?

Korias
2007-09-06, 06:12 AM
Korias walks over to Bookboy, and whips out his half broken shovel. I'll have ya know, I just glared at him. Sheesh. Not trying to kill the poor man again. Not something that ya should go to twice, I reckon. I cant just glare at the dead man? Hes already dead; he doesnt care. Korias then walks away and continues digging.

Alarra
2007-09-06, 06:23 AM
And I want supagoofs crap! Maybe he has alarras panties somewhere... *hides from alarra*

(*raises eyebrow* Alarrabelle has recently replenished her lingerie collection and I swear, if it gets stolen again.....*stern glare* :smalltongue: )

She smiles at TA as he walks by, making a note to look him up later. "Why thank ya."

Glancing back at the town, she notices the priest and points at Draken, while turning to someone near her, "When'd we get a religious type fool in this town?"

Akaziel
2007-09-06, 06:31 AM
Aka Z. just sits around the city, not saying a word. A dog walks up to him and begins to talk.

I hear there be GOLD in these parts, the dog mutters, holding a paw near square number 9. See, it be Square Nine for K-9. Geddit? Ahaha, I'm so witty.

Aka just shakes his head and walks to the desert anyway.

Skippy
2007-09-06, 07:29 AM
The old prospector Skippy arrives at town with his mule. He goes for a drink at the tavern, and rapidly goes into the desert, where everyone is already digging.

"Hey, wait up for me!"

Then he grabs his digging stuff and begins working at square #14.

Then, once he's done digging, he begins throwing stones at the dog (Akaziel) to keep it from biting his mule.

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-06, 07:34 AM
Eyea continues digging in square # 12. A talking dog walks past muttering about a stage coach full of mail order brides. Eyea starts to dig faster!

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-06, 07:42 AM
A short gnome with a rat-like face, narrow eyes, a very long nose, and scruffy black hair rides in from the north on his tired looking mule.
Hi there, my name's Ambar, and I hear there be gold amongst these ranges. Been a humble spice merchant down on his luck, I thought I'd give it a try myself.
While I'm here, I'll be happy to supply anyone with any herbs and spices they need, for a fair price of course. I've gathered spices from around the world, so whether you be needing paprika or saffron, coriander or za'atar, or just about anything else you can think of, give me a call.

The gnome walks over to plot #18 and starts digging while appraising the local priest called Draken.

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-06, 08:16 AM
must.. not.. point.. at.. shadow.. for pirates.. three... Screw it.

*points at shadow for getting him killed in pirates*

'Linky to that lynch: here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2936579&postcount=655)

This Khaldan's spirit needs to find peace. He is out for revenge from a previous lifetime.

Supagoof
2007-09-06, 08:52 AM
Pssst, Jontom Xire and Almighty Salmon - those desert spaces are occupied. Try picking from one of the remaining on the list.

Remaining Desert Spaces

Due to the large number of PMs that we are receiving/sending - we will let you know if a space has something right away should you need to use it. Otherwise, we will let you know via public PM if all items in desert for the day have been found.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-06, 09:41 AM
(Ah, sorry! I'll dig in square 22 then if thats okay.)

Jontom Xire
2007-09-06, 09:52 AM
Jontom Xire kicks Travelling Angel for stealing his plot before flapping over to plot 32 instead.

Castaras
2007-09-06, 09:54 AM
I think I'm gonna point at Khaldan because stab + stab = Stabbity Death, and going to dig in plot 42 24.

Vonriel
2007-09-06, 09:57 AM
Vonriel runs to the window of a second-floor bedroom at the sound of the explosion. Unfortunately, he happens to run too fast and flips himself out of the window and down into the dirt, lying on his back and staring at the sky. Well, he would be staring if he weren't knocked out cold. Several hours go by with him just lying at the base of the building he just fell out of, and by the time he wakes up he realizes the bandits are gone. Gaw darn it! Didn't even get to see a one of them. Ahh, well, the desert should occupy my time. He looks around and finds a shovel someone left nearby, and starts walking out to the desert to dig up plot 20.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-06, 11:11 AM
As of Vonriel's post post above me (10:57 AM) all successful desert searches have been PM'd. If you haven't gotten one, you found some sand and maybe a nice tumbleweed to decorate your house with, but nothing useful.

The following squares remain un-searched:

The auction status is as follows:
Supagoof's loot: Helgraf at 5 coins
Raldor's loot: Shadow at 5 coins

We will get a vote tally posted this evening.

Ink
2007-09-06, 12:32 PM
((Ooh, it has started! RP later, for now I point at Smellie Hippie and search in plot 11.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-06, 12:47 PM
A Can-Can dancer struts out of the saloo followed by three desparate male NPCs. "I thought I told y'all to go a-pester someone else. I've got to go get myself some loot." she says in a Southern accent. She heads to Plot 16 where she swiftly convinces an ol' timer to dig for her by using her feminine wiles and 'great Southin beauty'.
"Hey, what's that Milky Bar kid (ALmighty Salmon) doin' here? Didn't he git run outta town for extortian and fibs."

Indurain
2007-09-06, 02:38 PM
Suddenly a naked man wanders out of the salon.

"Well, that game didn't go so well. Until I can afford some new clothes, I think I'm gonna have to run around as my mum brought me into the world."

Brett Indurick looks around.

"Now what's all this fussin' about Billy the Kidd? And Pecos Pete? Well, aint that an adventure. You know my ole pappy used to say never lead your eggs to drink...no wait, that ain't it. The early bird gathers no moss. Nope...oh well. I think I better go get me some of that gold, so I can get my lucky shirt back."

Indurick heads out to the desert and searches Square #36.

Therarde
2007-09-06, 03:18 PM
Therarde wanders away from the desert, looking around. He has his shovel over his shoulder and he's twirling his gun around his finger. Let's see them outlaws try to get me now.

evnafets
2007-09-06, 03:24 PM
Doc Evan's has been getting himself set up in town. Getting a drink at the bar, catching up with local gossip, taking note of the competitions wares.

Theres stuff out in the desert?
I'll go and check out area #31 #33 to see if theres anything there.

Oh, stuff up for auction? I'm always in for a bargain. I'll bid 6 gold for Supagoof's stuff.

Quesion: Is all the stuff in the store one use only? - The shovel in particular?

Khaldan
2007-09-06, 03:45 PM
Hey! Supagoofs crap is mine!

8 gold on supagoofs crap

Supagoof
2007-09-06, 04:17 PM
((Yes. All items are one use only. Whether they are bought in the store, won in an auction, or found in the desert.

Items you receive are sent confidentially. This means no one else will know (except Raldor and I) that you have them unless you tell them.

Some clarification on a few items.

The Looking Glass - When you use it, it will be made public that you used it (Daylight use). The results of using it will be only known by you, but everyone else will know you used it.

The water bucket - Will work against both Bandits or Outlaws. If for some reason you get attacked by both groups in the same night (like Castaras in YOW1), then you get a 2 for one bonus, as it will work for the entire night. :smalltongue: ))

2007-09-06, 04:51 PM
I'm going to search square 16.

Helgraf
2007-09-06, 10:14 PM
Well consarnit... how the devil did he start with so many coins to be biddin' 8 against me?

Old Man Helgraf cusses under his breath.

"Sorry Shadow ... I gots tae get something outta this."

Auction: Helgraf bids 6 gold on Raldor's possessions.

2007-09-06, 10:22 PM
hmmm, I now gots me a shovel, I think I'll head off to plot 24 and have a looksee at what's there.

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-07, 07:02 AM
*DLD glares at a few suspicious people before wandering over to square 10 to search for stuff*

Skippy
2007-09-07, 07:56 AM
((Wasn't it supposed that we can only search a square per day?:smalleek: ))

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-07, 08:26 AM
((Purple bought a shovel))

Skippy
2007-09-07, 08:33 AM
((Should've imagined...))

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-07, 10:40 AM
Here's the current standings in the race to be first lynchee...
{table]Player|Votes|Accusers
Korias|5|Banjo1985, Bookboy, Draken, Pwenet, Traveling Angel
Khaldan|4 |Zeb, Castaras, Helgraf, Mountain Faerie
Draken|2 |Alarra, Fleeing Coward
Smellie Hippie|2 |Ink, Zar Peter
Akaziel| 1 |RadikalSkippy
Almighty Salmon|1 |CurlyKitGirl
Bookboy|1 |Korias
Captain Van Der Decken|1 |Smellie Hippie
Shadow|1 |Khaldan
Traveling Angel|1 |Jontom Xire[/table]

The following have not voted:
Akaziel
Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, the Masked Llama
BassetKing
bloodluster
Captain Van Der Decken
DarkLightDragon
Evnafets
Indurain
Kyrian
North
PirateMonk
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Therarde
Timberwolf
Vonriel

Korias
2007-09-07, 12:06 PM
*Random Vote change to Khaldan*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-07, 12:20 PM
(too busy in RL to RP, but I vote for Timberwolf because I think he's supposed to be autolynched in Camp if he hasn't already been taken care of. Therefore he's most likely to not play in this one.)

*THe llama bites at STimberwolf*

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-07, 01:23 PM
Can't really think of a role right now, so I'll search plot 34 and point at Timberwolf.

Shadow
2007-09-07, 02:07 PM
Pointing at the Llama and then to the evening's feast, the old man says "Do us both a favor an fetch that there animal fer din din fer me, huh? I'll start a fire fer cookin whiles you graze on some brush. I can smells it jus over dat way, I can."
Strictly RP.))
This is the second time I've had to quote this post.
Sheesh....
:wink:

2007-09-07, 02:25 PM
points at timberwolf.

((I"ve been busy doing end of the season stuff this week, so this is a good a point as any to me right now.))

Indurain
2007-09-07, 02:25 PM
Brett continues to wander around the desert, before bumping into a very familiar face.

"Why Miss Alarrabelle, fancy meeting you out here where there are plenty of pockets to be picked. Now I know enough not to trust you as far as I can throw ya. But I'm in the dark about all this larceny going on, so assuming it wasn't you, I'm going to have to agree with you about that fella." Brett says, pointing at Draken.

Therarde
2007-09-07, 03:37 PM
Therarde twirls his gun around and it ends up pointing at Khaldan.

bloodluster
2007-09-07, 05:47 PM
Bloodluster points his gun at Indurian "nudists creep me out yall..."

Bassetking
2007-09-07, 05:55 PM
*From the mine-shaft currently being drifted into plot #17, a signpost is raised*

*Wolfbane Ointment, good for what fails 'ya.*

The sign points in the direction of Timberwolf

PirateMonk
2007-09-07, 07:40 PM
I point at Korias and dig in square 6 while thinking up a character concept.

Korias
2007-09-07, 07:56 PM
*Just so you know, You'll be making a very big mistake if you lynch me. A mistake that could cost you the game...*

Alarra
2007-09-07, 08:00 PM
Alarrabelle smiles and runs an approving eye over Brett. "Why hello there. Burt, wasn't it?" She fans herself faintly and glances up at the sun. "Interesting atire you're choosin for bein out here in the desert. You'll want to be careful you don't burn." She hands him her parasol with a small wink and turns with a swirl of skirts to head back into town.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 11:29 PM
*Points at bloodlust

*digs in square 11

Jontom Xire
2007-09-08, 12:29 AM
*Just so you know, You'll be making a very big mistake if you lynch me. A mistake that could cost you the game...*

The last three or four times I heard that being said it was by a werewolf/pirate/whatever.

Helgraf
2007-09-08, 12:43 AM

"If'n tha' was true, you'd no be stupid enough to say it, because you'd be signing your death warrent to Billy the Kidd and his gang."

Jontom Xire
2007-09-08, 12:55 AM
The more I think about it the more suspicious that is. So instead of a random point 'cos he nicked my desert square, I'm going to point at Korias.

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-08, 12:59 AM
I agree that it was stupid of Korias to say that. If he were indeed an important member among us, he wouldn't say that. I hope the night baner chooses not to protect him. It could be a trick! Although they wouldn't know who the night baner is anyway, but it would be better if the night baner didn't take the risk.

*DLD points at Korias*

Korias
2007-09-08, 06:03 AM
"If'n tha' was true, you'd no be stupid enough to say it, because you'd be signing your death warrent to Billy the Kidd and his gang."

Unless, of course, I've got an ace up my sleeve. Which I do. But I'm not going to reveal my tricks just yet now, am I?

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-08, 07:17 AM
*DLD growls*

We don't know that you're bluffing, now, do we?

Kyrian
2007-09-08, 10:11 AM
Doc Kyrian points at Korias, because he just recently got his flux capacitor back.

Supagoof
2007-09-08, 01:46 PM
((Day ending may come a little late today, as I'll be at a wedding for the next 8 hours. Regardless, update on points.))

{table]Name | Number of votes | Pointed at by
Korias | 9 | Banjo1985, Bookboy, DLD, Draken, Jontom Xire, Kyrian, PirateMonk, Traveling Angel
Khalden | 6 | Castaras, Helgraf, Korias, Mountain Fairie, Therarde, Zeb The Troll
Timberwolf | 4 | Atreyu, Basset King, CvDD, PGCoD
Draken | 3 | Alarra, Feeling Coward, Indurain
Smellie Hippie | 2 | Ink, Zar Peter
Akaziel | 1 | RadikalSkippy
Almighty Salmon | 1 | CurlyKitGirl
BloodLuster | 1 | Raiser B1ade
Captain Van Der Decken | 1 | Smellie Hippie
Indurain | 1 | BloodLuster
Shadow | 1 | Khalden
[/table]

Auction
Supagoof | 8 | Khalden
Raldor | 6 | Helgraf

Shadow
2007-09-08, 01:50 PM
The old blind man hears Old Man Helgraf's bid from across the street and raises it again.

Auction: 7 gold for Raldor's crap.

And I don't care if you guys don't want to aknowledge my point as it won't matter, but I better not be up for auto tomorrow.... :smallwink:

Timberwolf
2007-09-08, 06:32 PM
((AAAAh, we've started ! I was rather expecting a new thread. Ah well, I know now And Llama, I've been so damn tired because of work but I did manage to get in my vote for Camp Sleeps a lot so I wasn't autolynched))

The little blind lady stands up and feels her way over to the saloon where she settles back with a meditative whisky, coach gun across her lap.

Korias
2007-09-08, 07:46 PM
*DLD growls*

We don't know that you're bluffing, now, do we?

Well... you dont. But trust me: When you see my role after I get lynched (Which, with 9 votes, I will be), you'll be very sorry...

Therarde
2007-09-08, 07:56 PM
He may have a point. I say he's either trying not to get lynched, which really isn't good in any situation, or something important like the seer or baner.

Akaziel
2007-09-08, 08:07 PM
The dog points to an odd bauble in the sand. He digs it up, and shows it to Aka Z.

Hey, Aka! I found one of them d10s. Lookie, we can use it to weed out them bandits and outlaws, eh?

Aka takes the d10 and throws it on a wall. It wobbles, then it shows the following result:

IF 1, Korias. IF 2, Khaldan. IF 3, Timberwolf. IF 4, Draken. IF 5, Smellie Hippie. IF 6, Almighty Salmon. IF 7, Bloodluster. IF 8, Captain Van Der Decken. IF 9, Indurain. IF 10, Shadow. (1d10=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1251385)

Huh. So we point at that... that... nudist over there. the dog mutters, gesturing at Indurain.

Vonriel
2007-09-09, 01:12 AM
Vonriel grumbles and points at Korias. My back still hurts, I got a killer headache, and your jawin ain't doin me no good! He simultaneously tries to give himself a backrub and cradle his hurting head after falling out of the window.

Helgraf
2007-09-09, 02:56 AM
"Consarnit Shadow, that's too much!"

Old Man Helgraf grumbles as he returns to town. If he's found anything in the desert, it ain't showin'.

Supagoof
2007-09-09, 08:46 AM
Auction
Supagoof | 8 | Khalden
Raldor | 7 | Shadow

Old Man Enpeesea comes out and bangs a gavel on a stand.

Today's auction has ended! Let me see here..yes.

He takes a box marked "Supagoof's crap he didn't leave in a will" and hands in to Khalden. He's hands another box marked "Raldor's fine crud he left in this world" and gives it to Shadow.

All Desert spaces that have been checked and held items had a PM sent. If you did not receive a PM, the desert spot you checked did not have anything.

{table]Name | Number of votes | Pointed at by
Korias | 10 | Banjo1985, Bookboy, DLD, Draken, Jontom Xire, Kyrian, PirateMonk, Traveling Angel, Vonriel
Khalden | 6 | Castaras, Helgraf, Korias, Mountain Fairie, Therarde, Zeb The Troll
Timberwolf | 4 | Atreyu, Basset King, CvDD, PGCoD
Draken | 3 | Alarra, Feeling Coward, Indurain
Smellie Hippie | 2 | Ink, Zar Peter
Akaziel | 1 | RadikalSkippy
Atreyu, The Masked Llama | 1 | Shadow
Almighty Salmon | 1 | CurlyKitGirl
BloodLuster | 1 | Raiser B1ade
Captain Van Der Decken | 1 | Smellie Hippie
Indurain | 1 | BloodLuster
Shadow | 1 | Khalden
[/table]

The crowd, in the sorrow of seeing Supagoof's and Raldor's stuff go, get angry and grab at Korias. He struggles against the hands.

"You'll be sorry. I'm known in other parts of the west."

"Sounds like something an outlaw might say. They're always looking for fame anyway."

The crowd drags him up to the gallows. They slide the rope over his head.

"Can't a guy get a drink before he's hanged?"

But the crowd, out for blood, doesn't hesitate. The lever is pulled, and Korias is hung. After the convulsions stop, Old Man Enpeesea comes and takes Korias down. He places his belonging's in a bin, but as he does so he pulls a small keychain from Korias' pocket. It's a tombstone, and etched in it are the initials W.E.

Korias was Wyatt Earp, the seer. Night begins. Those with night actions please send your PMs to Raldor and Supagoof (me). Night will end in 24 hours.

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-09, 09:03 AM
"... Well ain't that just a perfect start.." :smallannoyed:

The kid takes off his hat in respect to Korias.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-09, 09:12 AM
Guess that chap was telling the truth after all. Oh well, a few drinks at Smellie's Shot Glass should help us all forget our troubles for one night at least.

Ambar heads to the nearest tavern to drink the night away.

Pwenet
2007-09-09, 09:20 AM
"I'll join you all at 'Smellie's Shot Glass' in a bit. I see I have work to do now."

Making his way to the Tombstone shop, Pwenet goes to a tombstone, all ready for someone. Pulling out his chisel and hammer, and goes to work, and several minutes steps back.

Here Lies Korias.
He could see all but his own demise.
Day 1 - Lynched

Lugging the piece of stone, Pwenet places it on the recently disturbed soil where Korias was buried, before making his way into 'Smellie's Shot Glass'.

"Bartender, a double of the best whiskey."

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-09, 09:58 AM

*DLD stares*

Oooooookaaaaaay?

Jontom Xire
2007-09-09, 10:15 AM
Jontom snorts in disgust from his perch on a nearby roof. "Well that's a bummer. But I have an idea may help us all. If I survive the night I think I have a plan."

He then flies into Smellie's Shot Glass and orders a cow's heart of blood with a few shots of rum added for good measure.

Vhaidara
2007-09-09, 10:18 AM
[Western accent]Wow, that was unexpected. The sheriff trying to get us to execute a corpse, and all.

Draken
2007-09-09, 11:32 AM
Goddamnit.

The priest looks up.

I am deply sorry for this coment.

Therarde
2007-09-09, 11:49 AM
Therarde turns and heads back to Smellie's, grumbling about how he saw it coming.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-09, 11:53 AM
*smellie_barkeep walks back from his search of the desert and avoids looking at the gallows.*

It's lookin like we're gon' need some liquid repentance...

*smellie lines up 30-some shots of "pain killer" to ease the guilty feelings. He turns one extra shot glass upside-down in a reserved glass case*

This one's fer you Korias...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-09, 12:15 PM
Curlibelle the dancer sighs and says "Well, we're all doomed. So I need some liquid anti-depressant." She heads into the Shot Glass and orders a small whiskey. :smallsigh: "I wonder if I should get myself a job here too. I really need to make ends meet and these outfits are a devil to fix."

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-09, 02:04 PM
TA lowers his head, realizing he may have just helped doom the town.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-09, 02:46 PM
Zeb, watching the lynching and noticing that everyone is depressed, is now suddenly confused. Why is everyone upset at this faker being lynched?

Wassat, buddy? Oh, that was the real Wyatt Earp?

He goes back to the grave and lays his tin badge on the tombstone.

Two lawmen in two days? Not the kinda life I'd like after all.

With that, he heads over to the smellie shotglass and orders up a round. Hey, there's a thought.

Hey, barkeep. You got any use for a helping hand back there? I can mix a mean Tom Collins.

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-09, 03:17 PM
Korias, may your spirit find it's resting place.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-09, 04:03 PM
Yer all welcome to hole up here until the night passes. Zeb, I'd be happy wi' some help at tha bar... jus' make damn sure ye get tha cash up front. KitGirl, what kinna job ye lookin' fer?

*smellie_barkeep quickly finishes serving the "on the house" round for Korias, then strides over to the til with intent to charge for any other drinks.*

It's lookin' like a long and sleepless night 'round here...
*smellie_barkeep heads to the door and drops the crossbar for some measure of security, then checks on ol' bessie*

Here's Bessie (http://i.cnn.net/cnn/SPECIALS/2000/columbine.cd/Photos/DOUBLE.BARRELED.SHOTGUN.JPG)

Draken
2007-09-09, 04:06 PM
Father Draken heads to the church to prepare the speech for the funeral of the poor, departed Korias.

Indurain
2007-09-09, 06:38 PM
Brett Indurick hangs his head as he passes by Korias.

"Only a fool shows his hand early, but that don't excuse what these folks here did to you."

With his piece said, Brett heads to the tavern, gladly participating in the group drink, before grabbing a chair, putting his feet up and casually shuffling a deck of cards.

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-09, 07:25 PM
Eyea enters the Smellie Shot Glass and sits down at the bar. She downs the drink Smellie_Barkeep hands her. She turns to Zeb. Another Fire Water.
She reaches into her dress and pulls out a brooch and a pair of pliers. She takes a thin piece of silver wire from her hair and makes a clasp out of it. She looks at the brooch for a long time. Deciding it is finished, she sets it down on the bar. Someone may need it to wear to the funeral.
As she listens to the town folk, she absent mindedly pulls a turquoise nugget out of her boot and begins rubbing her thumb across it.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-09, 07:38 PM
Zeb eagerly hops over the bar, grabs up a towel to put in his back pocket, and starts his new life as a barkeep in Phatlewt.

Hearing Mountain Faerie's call, he deftly snaps up a shot glass from under the counter and flips it up onto the bar... where it lands on its side and careens off the opposite edge onto the floor, crashing into a thousand little shards.

He quickly retrieves two more and places them more solidly in front of Mountain Faerie and fills them both with the house whiskey.

Ma'am, the second one's on me if you'd be so kind as to not mention this to smellie barkeep. I'd sure appreciate it.

Then he ducks under the bar leaf and quickly cleans up the remains of the first shot glass in hopes of discarding it before his new employer notices.

Korias
2007-09-09, 08:05 PM
The ghost of Korias lingers at his tombstone. Well... I hate to say "I told you so..." he remarks to no one inparticular.

((Well... Thats a great way to start off the game. See, I was telling the truth! But noooo.... just gotta go and kill the seer first day. :smalltongue: ))

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-09, 08:21 PM
Mountain_Faerie wills Smellie_Barkeep to look the other way while Zeb cleans up the broken glass. Fire Water tastes good... Hic... :smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-09-09, 11:56 PM
(Oh man, that sucks. Sorry Korias *hugs*)

Alarrabelle shakes her head sadly at the news, wondering how this town will survive with its lawfolk dropping like flies. She works her way into the tavern, pausing to flirt with various customers, and smiling at near everyone, before working her way over to where Brett is sitting.

"Why if it isn't Burt.." She grins brightly and pulls up a chair. "Plannin' to deal those out, honey? Although..." she pauses to consider him for a moment. "I don't rightly know what you're plannin' on betting." She reaches over to his side of the table and plucks her parasol back from where he's leaned it, just in case he got the idea that it'd make a good bet. "I'll just take this back since it's night now and you're clearly inside."

She glances around at the other patrons and with a subtle wave of her hand imparts the message that there's a poker game starting up and anyone that wants to play ought head over to this table. She makes sure to send a particularly inviting grin toward the more handsome and well-to-do gentlemen. She also wonders how it is that she's been in a tavern for 5 minutes and no one's offered to buy her a drink yet.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-10, 12:15 AM
"Sorry, I don't gamble." TA winks at Alarrabelle. "Never have, never will."

Alarra
2007-09-10, 12:31 AM
"Well, that is a pity..." Alarrabelle drawls, flashing a grin in TA's direction. "You know....they say there's nothing like the thrill....the risk, of a great hand of poker. She licks her lip lightly, almost unnoticeably."The excitement, anticipation, worry...intense emotions all simmering beneath a passive, unreadable exterior..." Her voice has a slightly lower, almost husky quality to it by this point and her gaze trails deliberately over TA. "Well, almost nothing like it anyway." She winks with a playful grin, before returning her attention to Brett.

Helgraf
2007-09-10, 12:39 AM
Old Man Helgraf pulls up a chair. "Well if that's so lady, deal me in. I could use a rush in the old blood." A face in need of ironing winked at her.

Indurain
2007-09-10, 05:18 AM
Brett...((wishes he had more time before work to reply to this...needless to say he'll play, and he doesn't have to worry about money, he's got some in his boot.))

"IT'S BRETT!" ((That had to be said though.))

banjo1985
2007-09-10, 05:30 AM
Banjo Boyd walks away from the lynching, fedora gripped in both hands.

Look's like we got the wrong guy, pity he talked so suspicious. I need a stiff drink...brandy would be good.

Akaziel
2007-09-10, 06:03 AM
Ah, blast it. That fella Korias was Mister Earp! Whaddaya know? Plenty good we didn't vote for 'im, eh, Z? No blood on our hands then... the dog exclaims, walking over into Smellie's Shot Glass. Aka follows.

In the bar, the dog begins talking to random NPCs, while Aka just turns to the barkeep, scribbling his order on a sheet of paper.

I'd like anything that packs a punch. An especially strong punch, please.

Skippy
2007-09-10, 08:01 AM
The old prospector sits at the bar, with a sad look on his face.

"We had the chance to meet the great Wyatt Earp, but we ruined it. Serve me another one, barman"

Supagoof
2007-09-10, 10:26 AM
As the night passes, all seems to settle down with the passing of Korias. The towns fold head home, each one of them eyeing the others suspiciously. You hear many clicks of locks as the lights get put out for the night.

About an hour after, a faint whispering is heard.

Over here. Here's the guy. Mr. S. Hadow. I've heard tales about him, mostly ghost stories, but still. Anyway, he's old now, shouldn't be too hard.
Allright, let me look at the lock.

*tingle, tingle, tingle, click!*

He he, darn locks won't stop us, or else my name is Billy the Kidd!

As Billy announces his name, he kicks open the door with guns drawn. At the same time, a sploosh is heard from above, and he looks up.

*CLANG!*

Now I know where the bath water he doesn't use goes too. Oooh.

Billy drops to the ground rubbing his head, as lights turn on in neighboring homes, the other outlaws grab their leader and drag him away.

Let's go boss! We need to get while the gettin's good.

As the outlaws slip away into the night, the crowd gathers around.

What was it? I heard something.

Look at that. Wonder if we can figure out who tried to break in.

I got it! Yells the familiar voice of one Doc Brown. My flux capacitor is working again. My time machine is ready! We can go back an hour, and figure out who those outlaws are!

That's a good idea.

Stay here, I'll be right back!

But as Doc Brown rushes to his barn, he senses something wrong as he approaches it. The door is swinging in the breeze. He goes inside, and sees an all to familiar scene. The flux capacitor is missing again from his time machine. A note is pinned to it.

Ah ah ah - you nutty professor. Old habits die hard. We just had to have your pretty fluid nut pacifier to light up our hideout. It did such a great job before. Oh, and thanks for the gold!
- Pecos Pete

Great scott! My flux capacitor....

Summary. Shadow was attacked by the outlaws. He was saved through the use of a water bucket.

Kyrian was attacked by the bandits. The stole his flux capacitor and 6 gold coins.

The bandit's have 36 gold pieces out of 250. They have 14% of the town's gold.

The desert had a terrible sandstorm blow through it. All items in the desert have been shuffled about. - Please note! A shovel can only be used once. They are made of cheap wood from Anartica which breaks after a day's use.

Store inventory has been updated from yesterday sales.
All items for sale in store are usuable only once.
{table] Item | Description | Cost | Inventory
Looking Glass|Allows user to investigate crime scene in daylight to reveal 1 culprit|20|1
Bowie Knife|Allows User to save themself from a hanging by cutting away the rope|10|1
Water Bucket|May be perched on roof your your doorway, preventing a bandit or outlaw from sneaking in to commit their dasterly deed.|20|1
Makeup Kit|Changes your identity, allowing you to look like someone else for a night.|15|2
Piggy Bank|Allows User to Protect someone's money for one night|5|3
Charming Necklace|Gives User Charisma Bonus to add 1 extra point for lynching (not stackable)|5|1
Water finder Stick|Will give user idea of where treasure is buried in the desert. Usable once.|7|3
Shovel|Gives user the ability to check 2 spaces in the desert|5|4
Magic Bullet|Bullet in your gun goes off, randomly killing one person who helped finalize your fate.|30|1
New Item!|||
Telescope|Allows you to look at someone during the night. (Like the seer!)|25|1
[/table]

Today's Auctions
Korias' stuff.

Day begins and will end in 48 hours!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-10, 10:49 AM
THe llama bleats happily to see his rider is protected and nips at him to get him up to go treasure hunting. He'll try to guide the man toward the desert and toward spot 23

AUction Korias 3 GP

Shadow
2007-09-10, 10:53 AM
The old man wakes as the noise from the bucket and ensuing choas erupts.

"What in tarnation!?!?!"
He gets out of bed and makes his way to the window, for no apparent reason since he's blind.
Along the way, he slips in the puddle of water left in the aftermath.

"Oooof!"

"My hip! I broke my hip!
Horse, he says, addresing the Llama, Go and get me some help you useless old nag!"

The llama snorts, bleats, takes a nip at the crabby old man's flanks, but finally goes off on his own in search of help, like some scruffy, disgusting Lassie.

Oh, my hip. Tarnation!" is all that can be heard as the old man writhes in agony.

((leave me alone already! I want to play in a game for more than a day once in a while. sheesh! :smallbiggrin:))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-10, 10:54 AM
(( Whoohoo! Go Shadow!

Although I am somewhat confused as to where you got 15 gold from. I only started with six. Obviously you're not an outlaw, but you could be a bandit...? ))

Jontom Xire rises early, having eaten the cockerel to reduce the competition, and flaps off to square 13 to dig for buried treasure.

banjo1985
Banjo Boyd wakes up after the nights events. He dresses and gets ready to head back out into the desert.

"Wonder if it'll be calmer out there now Korias has gone?"

On his way out he spots more guff up for auction at the auction house.

"I'll put down I'll put down 4 gold on Korias' crap."

Banjo then proceeds out to the desert to prospect plot 7.

Zar Peter
((I... WANT... THAT... TELESCOPE!!!!!!!!))

The chinese shop keeper steps out of his hut.

Oh, Mr. Shadow was very wise buying this bucket.
I think I get my shovel and dig up spot 17. Maybe I find something.

Castaras
2007-09-10, 10:55 AM
Spot 24 again.

Shadow
2007-09-10, 10:55 AM
(( Whoohoo! Go Shadow!

Although I am somewhat confused as to where you got 15 gold from. I only started with six. Obviously you're not an outlaw, but you could be a bandit...? ))

Jontom Xire rises early, having eaten the cockerel to reduce the competition, and flaps off to square 13 to dig for buried treasure.

((Dont forget that I won Raldor's auction yesterday....
Who knows what was in that?....))

Jontom Xire
2007-09-10, 11:01 AM
((leave me alone already! I want to play in a game for more than a day once in a while. sheesh! :smallbiggrin:))

(( Oh wow did I get simu-ninjaed.

And Shadow, when did you last die within the first two days/nights? You usually last most of the game!

Unlike me - I haven't died too early for ages, but haven't been in the end game for as long as I can remember.

Umm, aren't we doing digs in blue and points in red? There are a few digs in red. ))

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-10, 11:01 AM
The Milky bar kid appears out of what appears nowhere humming his favourite theme tune.

"Looks like a good day for digging! And for eating chocolate.. But more for digging!"

With that he goes off to dig in Square 22.

Skippy
2007-09-10, 11:06 AM
The old prospector and his mule go out to the desert again and begins digging on square 21.

Then he points at Salmon just to begin the pointings

Draken
2007-09-10, 11:15 AM
Father Draken goes to the desert to dig after some water in spot 3.

Good grief, the poor Doc. got robbed last night, a shame...

for no reason Draken points at a nearby cactus.

2007-09-10, 12:08 PM
I'm going to start out be headin' into the desert and searchin' plots 9 and 16. I be feelin' lucky teday!!! Ya Hoooo!!!1 fires off a few shots into the air and runs into the desert

(and yes I get two squares, since I found a shovel yesterday, and Supa never got back to me on the 2nd square, so I'm using them both today.))

Helgraf
2007-09-10, 12:14 PM
Old Man Helgraf goes into the dessert to search square 31

For the moment he refrains from pointing.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-10, 01:02 PM
I'll search spot 11 again.

and *point at the salmon

Alarra
2007-09-10, 02:43 PM
Alarrabelle yawns, growing bored with the poker game, flashes a smile to the gentlemen she was playing with and wanders out to the desert to try her luck this day. She catches a convenient npc and directs him to dig up space 14 for her.

Vhaidara
2007-09-10, 02:52 PM
Nice one Shadow.
Square 1.

Supagoof
2007-09-10, 02:54 PM
I'm going to start out be headin' into the desert and searchin' plots 9 and 16. I be feelin' lucky teday!!! Ya Hoooo!!!1 fires off a few shots into the air and runs into the desert

(and yes I get two squares, since I found a shovel yesterday, and Supa never got back to me on the 2nd square, so I'm using them both today.))

All Desert spaces that have been checked and held items had a PM sent. If you did not receive a PM, the desert spot you checked did not have anything.
((Ahem.

Didn't miss you Purple. Sorry, but having received 148 PMs since day 1 started....can't reply to all spaces searched. We will respond to a space if it holds something, but otherwise.

So which of the two would you prefer to search today? 9 or 16.))

Khaldan
2007-09-10, 03:25 PM
Auction: Korias: 10 gold. Actually, If i can rescind that, i do. ((please let me get my 10 gold back))

Search square 12.

*points at shadow for being shadow.*

Kyrian
2007-09-10, 03:46 PM
SON OF A *****

Kyrian's player regretfully informs everyone that Kyrian will be shouting strings of ****s for the next several hours. He hates his flux capacitor being stolen.

Indurain
2007-09-10, 03:47 PM
Brett stands up out of his chair, admiring the winnings he's made from the poker game (Wish I could turn that into real gold). He meanders out towards the desert at a leisurely pace, before stopping right near Alarrabelle.

"I think someone needs to keep an eye you you miss."

Brett searches spot 15.

"However, I think that poor Shadow fellow deserves a break after that scare he got last night, and pointing at him seems mighty yellow to me."

With that, Brett points at Khaldan.

Shadow
2007-09-10, 03:55 PM
With seemingly no help coming from his trusty llama-steed, the old blind man with the broken hip drags himself outside.

"Tarnation! That gol-dern stupig nag! Where'd he get off to?
Hooorrssee!!!!
Where are you, ya worthless (mumble mumble)....

Ooohh! What's this?"

Feeling a soft spot in the ground, the old man begins digging in plot number 2.

*waving Khaldan Almighty Salmon away, he says "This spot's mine feller. You go find yer own loot.
Heehee! What have I found?"

Supagoof
2007-09-10, 03:56 PM
((Spot 13 is claim Indurain.

Update on remaining spots...
4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 16, 18, 19, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34, 35, 36))

Pwenet
2007-09-10, 04:00 PM
Waking up to find that nobody has died, despite it hurting his profit margins, Pwenet smiles as he chews some of his tobacco. Listening to the reports of what went on during the night, he grunts slightly.

"You know, I normally don't like a slow day, but today I'll make an exception. Hearing that nobody dies makes me a happy man."

Picking up his spade, he makes his way towards Plot #20. As he walks, he hears Khaldan try to accuse Shadow of being Shadow, on the day after he was attacked and the attack narrowly adverted.

"What you trying to do you young fool! Shadow was attacked, and nearly had one of my signature gravestones on his head, and now you are pointing at him. I think you are trying to the finish the job you started yesterday before you got drenched."

With that, Pwenet pulls out his Colt .45 Peacemaker and points it at Khaldan before walking to his plot.

"I got my eye on you boy."

Khaldan
2007-09-10, 04:01 PM
Wait up guys. You saw that I bought Goof's stuff. Now, you saw that shadow got a bucket and used it , all on day one. If I could get rid of that stupid bid, I'm buying a lookiong glass. Wait for that result before you kill me.

Therarde
2007-09-10, 04:05 PM
Therarde walks outside and sighs at everything that's happened so far. He grumbles and heads off to search plot 32, glaring at Khaldan on the way past.

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-10, 04:08 PM
After Zeb finishes mopping up the mess at Shadow's door, he notices the gamblers heading out to the desert to dig. Since you can never trust a gambler to be honest, he points at Indurain*and says to smellie barkeep...

Hey boss, I'm gonna go keep an eye on that one. I'll be right back.

...and then heads out to dig up plot 27 while keeping his eyes on Brett Indurick.

*This is a total RP point and is not based on any knowledge whatsoever.

Supagoof
2007-09-10, 04:12 PM
((Responded via PM to your Khaldan - However to clarify the auction process for everyone....

Auction bids are due at days end. If you bid more then you have for the auction, it will go to the 2nd highest bidder - provided they have enough money as well.

But what if you have more money then the 2nd highest bidder? - The auction would still go to the next highest bidder.

Who does the auction go to if the 2nd person doesn't have enough money - The 3rd highest bidder, even if they were also the 1st highest bidder.))

Shadow
2007-09-10, 04:14 PM
((In that case I bid 753 gold on Korias' crap! :smallwink:))

((In case you were wondering, that was obviously a joke. Now.... back to work!))

Khaldan
2007-09-10, 04:16 PM
((I top him with 754! And please lynch me, I'm an outlaw.. In too many games))

Korias
2007-09-10, 04:17 PM
((Responded via PM to your Khaldan - However to clarify the auction process for everyone....

Auction bids are due at days end. If you bid more then you have for the auction, it will go to the 2nd highest bidder - provided they have enough money as well.

But what if you have more money then the 2nd highest bidder? - The auction would still go to the next highest bidder.

Who does the auction go to if the 2nd person doesn't have enough money - The 3rd highest bidder, even if they were also the 1st highest bidder.))

Ok. Let me see if I get this straight.
Player A Has 5 gold, Player B has 7 gold, Player C has 4 gold.
Player A Bids 3 gold.
Player B Bids 5 Gold
Player C Bids 6 gold.
Since Player C doesnt have enough gold, Player B gets the stuff.
If Player B Bet 10 Gold, The stuff would go to player A.
If Player A Did not have enough gold, then it wouldnt be auctioned.

Is that how it works?

Shadow
2007-09-10, 04:18 PM
((player B would still get it, for his bid of 5 beats player A's bid.
Since he has 7, he has enough to cover that bid.))

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-10, 04:19 PM
I point at Khaldan.

(A confession is a confession. 'Nuff said.)

Supagoof
2007-09-10, 04:25 PM
Ok. Let me see if I get this straight.
Player A Has 5 gold, Player B has 7 gold, Player C has 4 gold.
Player A Bids 3 gold.
Player B Bids 5 Gold
Player C Bids 6 gold.
Since Player C doesnt have enough gold, Player B gets the stuff.
Yep. Player B bid 5 gold. Player B has 5 gold. Player B wins auction.
If Player B Bet 10 Gold, The stuff would go to player A.
Depends:
If player B bid 5 gold before bidding 10, then no.
But if the only bid player B had was 10 gold, then yes. - Player B doesn't have enough to cover his bid. Player C doesn't have enough to cover his bid. Player A has enough to cover his bid and wins the auction.

If Player A Did not have enough gold, then it wouldnt be auctioned.
In this case, the items/gold that were owned by "Dead Man X" would find their way to a desert space.

Is that how it works?

Great example, and yes - exactly how it would work.

evnafets
2007-09-10, 04:31 PM
I point at Khaldan.

A confession is a confession. 'Nuff said.

Confession? What confession? I haven't heard him say anything incriminating?
You sir are potentially confusing the issue.

evnafets points at Almighty Salmon

edit: Oh, and heads out to square #5

Zeb The Troll
2007-09-10, 04:41 PM
((I top him with 754! And please lynch me, I'm an outlaw.. In too many games))((evnafets, here's the confession AS is talking about.))

evnafets
2007-09-10, 04:45 PM
Ok. Guess I need to wash out my ears or get myself a new pair of glasses. Or something.
My apologies Almighty Salmon.

evnafets points at Khaldan

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-10, 05:02 PM
(Yup, that's the confession. Thanks Zeb.)

Ok. Guess I need to wash out my ears or get myself a new pair of glasses. Or something.
My apologies Almighty Salmon.

(No problem, it happens :smallbiggrin:)

Alarra
2007-09-10, 05:06 PM
Alarrabelle overhears some of the conversations, "A self-proclaimed outlaw? Well I do declare...never thought they'd just up and confess." She points at Khaldan

Zar Peter
2007-09-10, 05:11 PM
Zar Peter points at Khaldan for two reasons:

Shadow can't be an outlaw because he got attacked by outlaws.

Shadow is very low on the suspicous list for being a bandit because he bought a bucket instead of transfering his money to an other bandit and get himself killed.

So everyone who points at Shadow is very suspicous on my list! (And although I think Khaldans point is just for fun it's the only evidence I have. RP just for fun is nice but pointing just for fun can be dangerous)

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-10, 05:26 PM
TA walks over to Jontom. "We both like this spot, so howabout we trade off. I got it yesterday, you get today, I get it tommorw and so on." He extends his hand "Sound fair?"

evnafets
2007-09-10, 06:01 PM
Zar Peter points at Khaldan for two reasons:
Shadow is very low on the suspicous list for being a bandit because he bought a bucket instead of transfering his money to an other bandit and get himself killed.

Shadow won the auction yesterday. He probably wouldn't have had enough money to buy a bucket as well. More probably he got it with the stuff from the auction (as he hinted)

((Dont forget that I won Raldor's auction yesterday....
Who knows what was in that?....))

Shadow can't be an outlaw because he got attacked by outlaws.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but being attacked by outlaws does NOT necessarily imply Shadow is innocent.

He could still be an outlaw. Shadow knew he was 'safe' from attack. Therefore he could have talked his band into staging an attack on him to make him look innocent. He's smart that way
Or he could be a bandit. The outlaws would still attack bandits.

I'm just saying...

bloodluster
2007-09-10, 06:11 PM
Hey anyone wanna stab a cactus? I don't know why but it's fun...

Vhaidara
2007-09-10, 08:08 PM
Points at Khalden.
What the fish said.

Shadow
2007-09-10, 08:14 PM
Just so you all know, I edited and changed my point to Almighty Salmon.
Something smells fishy about all this....

[edit] You know what....
Screw that.
*points at evnafets
He'd be my first choice if I was an alpha!
And as much as I have to agree with his line of thought (that is indeed something that sounds like me) I'm not bandit either.
So he wants to keep people guessing as to my innocence after I would think that it's apparent that I'm safe, so that just makes me more suspicious of him.[/OOC]

Mountain_Faerie
2007-09-10, 08:20 PM
Digs in Space # 19.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-10, 08:37 PM
digs in space 25

Points at Khaldan

Raises bid on Korias stuff to 4 gp. Fixed spelling.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-10, 08:50 PM
(Thoughts on Shadow's innocence:

Is Shadow an outlaw: No! Last game outlaws could not attack themselves nor could bandits steal from themselves. Shadow was attacked by Outlaws, therefore Shadow is not an Outlaw.

Is Shadow a bandit: Probably not. It'd be a liability to have Shadow on the team. He's likely to die early and they wouldn't really need him on their team to protect themselves because its much harder, I think, to detect the bandits. Those are my thoughts on that.

On Khaldan: It could be a trick, perhaps he has a knife, or perhaps he does simply want to end this deception he finds himself in.

Korias
2007-09-10, 09:10 PM
digs in space 25

Points at Khaldan

Raises bid on Korais(sp) stuff to 4 gp.

KORIAS

Minor mistake, just making sure you get my name right. The legendary Wyatt Earp aint gonna take it lying down. Well, maybe I have to, but still.

2007-09-10, 09:31 PM
I reckon I be pointing at Khaldan today

Oh, and I'll search plot 9

Helgraf
2007-09-10, 09:34 PM
Old Man Helgraf comes back from the desert. "Ah still reckon that Khaldan fella is up to no good." He levels the barrel of the shotgun-shovel at him.

*Old Man Helgraf points at Khaldan*

Auction: Old Man Helgraf bids 5 gold on Korias' possessions.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-10, 09:36 PM
Ambar wakes up in a drunken daze, barely knowing what's going on he decides to continue digging plot 18 in his search for treasure rather than making a new hole.

((Points at Khaldan))