PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Cavalier Multiclass

Khrysaes
2017-12-04, 09:35 PM
So, I am building a tank character for a game, which allows homebrew and UA.

Therefore I decided to make a Bugbear Cavalier with Tunnel Fighter fighting style and polearm mastery, meant to be the tanky support and lock down enemies.

So, if I can I would take 1 level of mystic, for the giant form discipline, granting more reach and enlarge, for even more reach.

Questions I am having however, are, should I go past fighter 12, since I would have tunnel fighter?

If yes why?

If no, I was thinking multiclassing either Vengeance Paladin, or Bear totem Barbarian.

Vengeance Pally, because of the Aura, and the level 7 ability which allows me to move when I make an opportunity attack.

Barbarian for the resistances.

Also, should I use a Qstaff and shield or a Glaive/Pike for that extra 5ft of reach.

What would other people recommend?

nickl_2000
2017-12-04, 09:44 PM
Let me throw a crazy idea out. Moon Druid with sentinel playing as an intellect mount for a heavily armored PC who had mounted combatant.

The abilities combine in an amazing way

Khrysaes
2017-12-04, 09:54 PM
Let me throw a crazy idea out. Moon Druid with sentinel playing as an intellect mount for a heavily armored PC who had mounted combatant.

The abilities combine in an amazing way

I was actually just thinking about a way to get a mount. Instead of Paladin, I was considering 7-8 bard. That is of course, if a lore bard who gains magical secrets at sixth can then change the spell of magical secrets to a different one at 7th, namely to find greater steed. As per RAW, you can change it as it becomes a bard spell, as per RAW it would be a spell from the bard list, not any list of choice, like when you gain magical secrets.

Arkhios
2017-12-04, 10:08 PM
Might I interest you with the homebrewed class: Warlord in my signature? Vanguard sub-class especially was designed tanking in mind :smallsmile:

Khrysaes
2017-12-04, 10:36 PM
Might I interest you with the homebrewed class: Warlord in my signature? Vanguard sub-class especially was designed tanking in mind :smallsmile:

while homebrew is allowed, I am actually trying to avoid it because it is even more likely to be imbalanced. As it stands, with Tunnel fighter breaking action economy at first level, Polearm Mastery and sentinal improving tunnel fighter at 4 and 6th, and at 10th the class feature further improving it, turning attacks on anyone moving within reach to opportunity attacks, rather than a separate reaction from tunnel fighter, my character, with a pike or glaive, would have 15ft reach and gain opportunity attacks on anyone entering, leaving, or moving within his reach, and a hit reduces movement to 0. This is broken, but it is a known amount of broken, so it can be limited.