PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Creating an Atlantis Story Line

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-12-05, 09:38 AM
So DMs i'm making a dungeon about Atlantis and i need help creating a sort of incentive for the party to do this along with developing a story line. So far I have a map and an idea of what I want, so heres what I got: The party is leaving Barovia after beating Strahd (assuming we do) and have discovered a mp to Atlantis (I need a reason for them to go with out revealing the plot) so they set off. I already have some side quests set up and the main idea is that Atlantis is going to be destroyed by a kraken and they have to stop it. Im trying to give the plot a little mystery and make it so they have to travel the map to prepare to beat the kraken. So does anyone have any ideas about the general plot line or other things about the dungeon. Thanks ᛣ

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-12-05, 02:33 PM
No one? No? Ok. :smallfrown:

Lombra
2017-12-05, 07:16 PM
Generic macguffin plot that later on reveals to be the key to wakening the kraken from its eternal slumber? The characters are trapped within the shadowfell of barovia and need that key to escape, but that key wakes the kraken? Or the kraken itself is the way out into the prime material plane? There is a cult that revoleves around the kraken and that wants to wake it so they will help the party but really all the cult wants is to wreak havoc and use the party as just a tool? Dunno, you would need to elaborate more on what your idea is, there are endless possibilities.

Hyde
2017-12-05, 07:20 PM
When you say "A kraken is going to destroy Atlantis" do you mean it is going to sink a pre-sunk atlantis, or destroy a post-sunk atlantis?

Otherwise, going to second the whole "not nearly enough detail" part. Find a random generator or something?

Ivor_The_Mad
2017-12-05, 07:29 PM
That a great idea. I think ill use that as a base i like the cult idea I was going to add in a powerful trident which i guess i could make that the thing the cultists want.

Hyde it is still above water and the party has to keep it from sinking.