PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Fate series Archer/emiya shirou on dnd 3.5

UTRM
2017-12-05, 03:05 PM
hi guys i am new here is there any class to smilar with archer/emiya shirou on fate series ? this saturday our game will start and our start level 1 but i wanna be archer/emiya shirou skills which is create bow or swords. can you say class or prc or build

Fizban
2017-12-05, 05:30 PM
If you want to do this with official 3.5 material, it's not happening, not in a way that looks or "plays" like the anime at least. The closest thing you could do would be a Psion or Psychic Warrior with the Call Weaponry power and a bunch of damage powers that are re-fluffed as sword throwing. Or maybe a Soulknife+Soulbow, but if you so much as mention Soulknife most people will jump down your throat telling you how terrible it is and how you shouldn't play it (for a newbie group that doesn't run super-magic-mart it's often seen the other way, as overpowered). You can find the basic psionic classes here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/soulknife.htm) on srd.org, and the Soulbow PrC is in Complete Psionic.

If you're interested in homebrew, there's this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?362608) class, which is amazing, but extremely newbie un-friendly overall (it's simple enough at 1st level if you just pick whatever servants you feel like, but the servants reference basically every book there is so fully understanding them requires all those little details).

If you're interested in Pathfinder, there's a couple classes and archetypes that can do weapon summoning, I know I looked up one and wasn't impressed but I don't remember the names. Someone will probably be along to mention them shortly.

BWR
2017-12-05, 07:01 PM
Disclaimer: I watched two episodes of F:SN and concluded that Emiya was an utterly uninteresting fool, so I have no idea if this is actually relevant but....

if you want anime style over the top archer fire, play something from Tome of Battle (or just go full PoW) and see if the GM allows you to use Solar Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/solar-wind-maneuvers/) style. Not exactly create tons of weapons, but it does allow you to create temporary semi-real ammunition and weapons that have various effects, and is appropriately flashy.

VariSami
2017-12-05, 07:08 PM
Unless you are happy to go with the soulknife, there is the Shadowsmith prestige class from Tome of Magic but that allows you to create weapons from thin air at total level 8 at the earliest. Before then, you would need to have five levels in classes which give you full BAB. Plus, heavy refluffing would be needed and many of the abilities are hard to make into anything non-shadow-related.

There is a magic glove in... I want to say DMG II which allows you to summon a weapon from an extradimensional space where you have stored it. There is also the Ring of Arming from Magic Item Compendium. However, these would obviously not be the character's own abilities and each has clear limitations preventing something like Unlimited Blade Works abuse.

khadgar567
2017-12-06, 12:23 AM
If pathfinder is okay then pm me so i can send you two working builds

angelpalm
2017-12-06, 01:39 AM
Disclaimer: I watched two episodes of F:SN and concluded that Emiya was an utterly uninteresting fool, so I have no idea if this is actually relevant but....

if you want anime style over the top archer fire, play something from Tome of Battle (or just go full PoW) and see if the GM allows you to use Solar Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/solar-wind-maneuvers/) style. Not exactly create tons of weapons, but it does allow you to create temporary semi-real ammunition and weapons that have various effects, and is appropriately flashy.

You are indeed correct. Fate is pretty terrible. Pretty much why it has devolved into pure waifu bait material. One of the shows I was recommended probably got me one some sort of fbi watch list just for downloading the episode. Never again. Pretty sure this is the only thing that is even remotely fate related that is good.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/bd16c23cb6769bdddbeac9ba63d5d486d9c1dfd544c6233f32 a4fe826111fc0d.gif

Happy Gravity
2017-12-06, 02:02 AM
You are indeed correct. Fate is pretty terrible. Pretty much why it has devolved into pure waifu bait material. One of the shows I was recommended probably got me one some sort of fbi watch list just for downloading the episode. Never again. Pretty sure this is the only thing that is even remotely fate related that is good.

You seem salty.

https://implyingrigged.info/w/images/c/ce/Fgog_11m.png

If you watched the "original" FS:N btw, yeah it's terrible. The Unlimited Blade Works anime is rather better.

Soulknife works but like others said it kind of sucks.

If Pathfinder + 3rd party stuff is allowed (a stretch, but I figured I'd mention it anyways), Dreamscarred Press has a soulknife archetype called the Psychic Armory that is decent at replicating what Archer can do later.

Mato
2017-12-06, 03:21 AM
Disclaimer: I watched two episodes of F:SN and concluded that Emiya was an utterly uninteresting fool,You should have watched the two seasons of Unlimited Blade Works on Netflix instead. Significantly better plot, amazing action, and no you won't end up on a FBI watch list for binging it. All you realy have to do is look at the reviews. Crunchyroll rates UBW at 4.6 and Zero at 4.7 stars which make them comparable to One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan which all currently hold a 4.7 rating too. They are even ranked higher than Berserk and Sword Art Online.

Zero is pretty good too.
https://i.imgur.com/ZRL6C7d.gif

angelpalm
2017-12-06, 04:17 AM
You seem salty.

https://implyingrigged.info/w/images/c/ce/Fgog_11m.png

If you watched the "original" FS:N btw, yeah it's terrible. The Unlimited Blade Works anime is rather better.

Soulknife works but like others said it kind of sucks.

If Pathfinder + 3rd party stuff is allowed (a stretch, but I figured I'd mention it anyways), Dreamscarred Press has a soulknife archetype called the Psychic Armory that is decent at replicating what Archer can do later.

Naw no salt here, just was annoyed at the people trying to get me to watch this garbage lol. The waifu stuff is probably better than the crap it was before, basically it being more honest about the garbage that it is.

At least it has oppai

https://78.media.tumblr.com/999a8c417e8c74737066bf81d52eb22d/tumblr_op0tgnnFyZ1son3fpo3_540.gif

Still not watching doe :cool:

Faily
2017-12-06, 09:18 AM
You should have watched the two seasons of Unlimited Blade Works on Netflix instead. Significantly better plot, amazing action, and no you won't end up on a FBI watch list for binging it. All you realy have to do is look at the reviews. Crunchyroll rates UBW at 4.6 and Zero at 4.7 stars which make them comparable to One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan which all currently hold a 4.7 rating too. They are even ranked higher than Berserk and Sword Art Online.

Zero is pretty good too.

Those ratings don't matter much when you don't like One Piece, Shippuden, Attack on Titan, or SAO. :smallwink: And I know BWR don't like those.

I for one enjoyed Zero immensely and it is one of my favorite animes, but UBW I just couldn't get through because I realised the reason I hate Stay/Night was because of the characters. And the characters are still terrible in UBW.

chimaeraUndying
2017-12-06, 09:36 AM
Naw no salt here, just was annoyed at the people trying to get me to watch this garbage lol. The waifu stuff is probably better than the crap it was before, basically it being more honest about the garbage that it is.

At least it has oppai

Still not watching doe :cool:

So you basically just came into the thread to bash on a series, and not contribute to the OP's help request? Cool.

Your gif related is from a Fate/Extra PV, and not the FSN anime, just so ya know.

hi guys i am new here is there any class to smilar with archer/emiya shirou on fate series ? this saturday our game will start and our start level 1 but i wanna be archer/emiya shirou skills which is create bow or swords. can you say class or prc or build

Are you particularly looking for the "makes weapons" part of Archer or the "shoots fancy sword-arrows from long range" part, or both?

Soulknife works for the former, as has been mentioned. I'd also second Solar Wind style from the Tome of Battle; Archer's projections aren't permanent and he does make more than just arrows.

If you're more interested in building the latter half of Archer's combat portfolio, look into Cragtop Archer and range increment penalty removing feats / class features, and kit yourself out with a bow meant for creatures a size category or two larger than you (with the necessary feats to use it) and just fluff the arrows it'd fire as swords. This bit would really be much easier to do in Pathfinder, though, since you can just be a Monk with the Zen Archer archetype.

BWR
2017-12-06, 10:00 AM
You should have watched the two seasons of Unlimited Blade Works on Netflix instead. Significantly better plot, amazing action, and no you won't end up on a FBI watch list for binging it. All you realy have to do is look at the reviews. Crunchyroll rates UBW at 4.6 and Zero at 4.7 stars which make them comparable to One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan which all currently hold a 4.7 rating too. They are even ranked higher than Berserk and Sword Art Online.

Zero is pretty good too.

Like Faily said, I don't like any of the ones you listed, and I generally don't give a crap about ratings for anything because they don't really give much indication if I'll like something or not, even if it is a genre I generally like.
Of Fate, the only stuff I've moderately enjoyed is KLPI, and once they got into the other world and got more Fate-y it got boring so I dropped it.

Nitpick: Solar Wind is from Path of War, not ToB, which makes it both PF and third party, if these things matter to the OP's GM.

Hyperversum
2017-12-06, 02:56 PM
Not a really useful comment, but in two parts.

1) What about simply going for the Summoner of Pathfinder? Maybe try to houserule it a bit more toward melee with your Eidolon (maybe like the variant of ther Sorcerer in UA where you lose a slot and spell known per level but get d8 and cleric BAB but since you already have the BAB you may lose only a slot? Or maybe even the spell for a figther feat or similar?) as the real main powerhouse?

2) Fate/Stay Night is born from a VISUAL NOVEL. Judging a work of fiction from the adaptation (and in particular an MC that speaks a lot through inner monologues) is pretty stupid, you know guys?

BWR
2017-12-06, 03:41 PM
2) Fate/Stay Night is born from a VISUAL NOVEL. Judging a work of fiction from the adaptation (and in particular an MC that speaks a lot through inner monologues) is pretty stupid, you know guys?

Not if I'm judging an anime based on itself and not whatever inspired the anime. You shouldn't talk about stupid judgements if you try to convince us that an anime isn't bad because it's source material.

On topic, You could do worse than using a Summoner for a Master, if you aren't too attached to the idea of playing the slave. Again, PF, not 3.5 so the GM may not approve.

Calthropstu
2017-12-06, 09:08 PM
A high level mind blade/bow would pretty much emulate Shiro/Archer nicely.
I actually prefer the original over unlimited bladeworks, but only because I liked the whole love interest that could never be angle.
Plus, I liked how berserker was much more of a badass in the first, as well as the whole play on the little girl routine by the einsburg princess. The whole series was a lot more believable than the second, though the final fight between Shiro and Gilgamesh in UB was flawless, and definitely made the whole series worth watching just for that build up.
But regardless, the mindblade is exactly what you are looking for. Simply refluff throw mindblade from the abilities the soulknife gets as putting it in the air and firing it and presto.

Ciolfire
2017-12-06, 09:40 PM
There is a weapon enchantment allowing you to shrink a weapon to two size categories smaller (cost 2k, which is good since it doesn't count as a +1 bonus), even though it's not exactly what you want it could give the impression that you materialize the weapon.

There is also the morphing (+1 bonus) enchantment that allow to morph a weapon into another but it doesn't works with ranged weapon, so you would need to ask your DM to homebrew it to allow a bow to become one(two ?) sword for example.

You also have the cristal of return that can be put in your weapons.
Least cost 300 and allow you to draw the weapon as a free action.
Lesser cost 1000 and allow you in addition to call the weapon from up to 30 feet.
(I don't think that greater is relevant here)

You finally have the gauntlet of infinite blades which allow you to produce a dagger by round as a swift action. (if you can homebrew to produce sword instead it it might be interesting)

UTRM
2017-12-07, 01:17 AM
Thank you guys all of your replys i my dm not allowed to use homebrew class or pathfinder. i decieded to start with fighter then i will try to be shadowsmith.if i will be survive :D