PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good cheap or free Adventures I can run starting at 5th level?

Throne12
2017-12-07, 09:01 AM
So I'm a DM and I want to run in a homebrew world. But I don't have time for all the DM prep any more. I have a 5th level party. That Consist of death monk, fighter swashbuckler ,hexblade barbarian, arcane archer, Phoenix sorcerer, and gunslinger. So I'm looking to see if any of y'all. Can Recommend any good adventures.

Thanks.

LeonBH
2017-12-07, 09:05 AM
I don't have an answer for you, but...

hexblade barbarian

What the hell? :smallconfused:

clash
2017-12-07, 09:05 AM
If you like to improv some of the details and have a more sandbox type world, this one is a ton of fun that my players just finished. https://www.patreon.com/posts/into-feywild-100-6755905

Skyblaze
2017-12-07, 09:21 AM

Cause hexblade jerk off.

Throne12
2017-12-07, 09:53 AM

Yes I have a player. Playing a Multi classed hexblade warlock and bear totem barbarian. He is the biggest powergamer you'll ever see.

Throne12
2017-12-07, 09:55 AM
If you like to improv some of the details and have a more sandbox type world, this one is a ton of fun that my players just finished. https://www.patreon.com/posts/into-feywild-100-6755905

Thanks but my players are at 5th level now.

LordEntrails
2017-12-07, 11:52 AM
Nothing I can recommend. Just have to point you to EnSider, Adventure a Week, and DMsGuild to see what you can find.

JNAProductions
2017-12-07, 12:13 PM
Yes I have a player. Playing a Multi classed hexblade warlock and bear totem barbarian. He is the biggest powergamer you'll ever see.

Those are pretty highly anti-synergistic. If he's a power gamer, he's not an especially good one.

LeonBH
2017-12-07, 12:24 PM

Those are pretty highly anti-synergistic. If he's a power gamer, he's not an especially good one.

I can see it working, just not to the full extent a Sorlock can utilize it. He's after the 19-20 crit range and extra damage from Hexblade Curse, even if he can't use the +CHA to hit from Curse Warrior. I'd guess his level 1 spell is Armor of Agathys since it doesn't play off his charisma mod.

JNAProductions
2017-12-07, 12:38 PM
I can see it working, just not to the full extent a Sorlock can utilize it. He's after the 19-20 crit range and extra damage from Hexblade Curse, even if he can't use the +CHA to hit from Curse Warrior. I'd guess his level 1 spell is Armor of Agathys since it doesn't play off his charisma mod.

Fair enough. I suppose it's not bad for short-term power gain, but he's behind on Extra Attack, getting his extra Rages, and (though this is minor unless the DM consistently gets to level 20) misses out on +4 to Strength and Constitution.

PhantomSoul
2017-12-07, 12:44 PM
Fair enough. I suppose it's not bad for short-term power gain, but he's behind on Extra Attack, getting his extra Rages, and (though this is minor unless the DM consistently gets to level 20) misses out on +4 to Strength and Constitution.

But if he uses CHA for his attacks, he doesn't even get the bonus damage from Rage. And if going unarmoured, Dex and Con are still what the AC is coming from. It's not unthinkably terrible, but I'd expect it more from a "regular player" (you could come up with a great story and the combo isn't bad) than from a powergamer (maybe unless they rolled a bunch of 18s, and even then?).

ad_hoc
2017-12-07, 12:55 PM
With 6 players you should be looking for an adventure designed for 8-10th level characters. 7th at minimum.

Hypersmith
2017-12-07, 01:14 PM
Seems thread has gone off topic

Back on topic -I ran into the same issue when I was DMing. I recommend taking an old module, finding a conversion, since there are plenty of them. For level 5 - try Desert of Desolation - here's a conversion for 5e. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwgm9k89pj50j40/DesertofDesolation5e.pdf?dl=0) Let me see if I have any others I was considering at the time. There is also a full conversion on DMs guild for $3.