PDA

View Full Version : Massive Damage Save debuffs?

Indon
2007-08-20, 04:47 PM
Are there ways to make it less likely that someone will fail a massive damage save? Not just general Save penalties (I already know about Enervation), but measures that could be targeted towards that specific save to make massive damage an effective strategy.

Spiryt
2007-08-20, 04:50 PM
Are there ways to make it less likely that someone will failmade a massive damage save?

I think that's what you mean?

Person_Man
2007-08-20, 04:52 PM
Are there ways to make it less likely that someone will fail a massive damage save? Not just general Save penalties (I already know about Enervation), but measures that could be targeted towards that specific save to make massive damage an effective strategy.

No. Though its a Fort Save, so anything that effects your Saves in general, Con, or Fort Save specifically will effect your Save vs. Massive Damage. A Wounding weapon, for example.

Sir Jason
2007-08-20, 04:52 PM
not 'made' but rather 'make'. Without grammar, we are lost...

And no, there isn't any way to directly target that save, since its a variant, first of all, and its just a normal Fort Save. So, anything that reduces their Con, Fort save, or gives them unluck modifiers to their saves works. I think prayer gives some modifier to saves, does it not?

Indon
2007-08-20, 04:58 PM
Yes, make.

Oh, well. Good to know anyway.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-20, 05:03 PM
Not a variant actually, though it should be. Kill it! It's eviiil!

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-20, 11:45 PM
Hexblade wielding a Pandemonic Silver(causes "Shaken" with DC based on Wind speed. Works as alchemical Silver otherwise. Complete Warrior weapon material. Maybe in Magic Item Compendium) Cursespewing(+2 property, originally Book of Vile Darkness, maybe now MIC, -2 all saves, ability checks, etc. as Bestow Curse), Marrowcrushing(-1 Con per hit? Also BoVD, maybe MIC) weapon. By my reckoning, that's at least -4 to -5 to saves. You can replace the Pandemonic Silver part with Subjugating(Heroes of Battle, probably MIC. Makes them cower, I think? Does not stack with itself, might stack with Pandemonic Silver, migth not.). Tack on another -4 to -8 from Hexblade's Curse, and you're looking at even odds from an "always pass except on 1s", and guaranteed death for even odds(saves on 10 or better).