PDA

View Full Version : Help with custom magic item creation options

KoDT69
2017-12-07, 09:20 PM
I'm looking for a few things and hoping the Playground can point me to any official sources, or help me come up with a reasonable way to accomplish the following:

Weapon instant return - hoping for an item property to allow multiple attacks with the same weapon. If it were crafted as a custom I would assume the applied spell would have to be a Quickened Teleport so minimum 9th level spell and 17CL which is a very expensive route. Is there a way already? Or what would this cost to add? Maybe a +2 cost or a fixed GP?

Weapon changing type - So a player that uses a spear can shift it from spear, to dagger, or maybe you need a blunt weapon? Maybe it could shift into a ring for easy storage. I'm assuming a Polymorph spell and 7CL maybe not too expensive? Since this would not be quite the same as other weapon properties, maybe this can be a fixed GP addition? I don't think it should cost more based on the existing enhancement bonus.

Diarmuid
2017-12-07, 10:01 PM
Not sure about the first one, but Morphing sounds like it would do what you’re looking for with the second.

InvisibleBison
2017-12-08, 12:04 AM
Weapon instant return - hoping for an item property to allow multiple attacks with the same weapon. If it were crafted as a custom I would assume the applied spell would have to be a Quickened Teleport so minimum 9th level spell and 17CL which is a very expensive route. Is there a way already? Or what would this cost to add? Maybe a +2 cost or a fixed GP?

This sounds like a more powerful version of the returning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#returning) property, so a +2 bonus sounds reasonable to me.

weckar
2017-12-08, 04:18 AM
Isn't there a weapon crystal that does EXACTLY that first one?
People underestimate weapon crystals but they are such a good option...

KoDT69
2017-12-08, 10:16 AM
Ok the +1 weapon property Morphing is a thing that helps. I did not see anything about a weapon crystal to change the base weapon though. The greater return crystal only grants the standard +1 property Returning.