PDA

View Full Version : Medusa sniping, hiding and gaze attack, compared to sniping archer.

Oaklock
2017-12-08, 12:43 AM
I am going to run a medusa who is sniping with her gaze attack.

The way I understand sniping is that one starts with a successful hide check, then makes a sniping attack, then attempts to hide again, which takes a move action.

I would understand that a sniping attack would either mean that one comes out of hiding to make a sniping attack, or one makes a sniping attack while trying to hide at -20.

So a medusa would want to come out of hiding to have someone spot their gaze.
Does this mean that at distracted character(like fighting another character) would automatically have to make a saving throw, or would they be considered averting their eyes, just cause they are busy doing something else.
And how would cover affect that, like another character in the way?
Or how would the medusa being in shadowy illumination affect the gaze attack? Would that require the target to make a successful spot check to see the medusa?

I understand that a sniping archer would be different by having to make a sniping attack while trying to hide.

I would appreciate any input, thanks.

Psyren
2017-12-08, 12:49 AM
The "snipe" action specifically only allows ranged attacks. You will need either another method of delivering your gaze attacks (like hiding every other turn instead of every turn) or a houserule.