PDA

View Full Version : Making an Adventure Path out of classic modules.

Clistenes
2017-12-08, 10:10 AM
Let say I want to make a Adventure Path (going all the way from level 1 to 20) adapting and combining classic modules, mostly dungeon crawls. The basic idea is that the College of Concrescent Lore and the Seekers of the Arcane are pooling their efforts to unearth lost knowledge from ancient civilizations. The overarching plot would be the rivalties and competition between those allied organizations, within the ranks of each organization, and with other powers and factions, and the discovery of long-lost terrible, world-shattering secrets...

Let assume the players are relatively new to the game and don't know about those modules. You want them to discover Flanaess and to enjoy those old style modules...

Taking into account both fun and ease to adapt to 5th edition, which modules would you pick, and in what order?

EDIT: And yes, I know about Tales of the Yawning Portal. I could use parts of it...

zubalove
2018-03-20, 10:28 AM
I'm looking at doing something like this as well, in my case, for a Pathfinder campaign.

I've decided that I need to get the party to 8th level and then run them through Against the Giants, Vault of the Drow, and Demonweb Pits. Like anything, I'll need to adjust the scaling and the encounters for not only level, but for group size. A lot of that old content was attenuated for larger parties of 8-10 players instead of the 4 player parties we are used to today.

Let say I want to make a Adventure Path (going all the way from level 1 to 20) adapting and combining classic modules, mostly dungeon crawls. The basic idea is that the College of Concrescent Lore and the Seekers of the Arcane are pooling their efforts to unearth lost knowledge from ancient civilizations. The overarching plot would be the rivalties and competition between those allied organizations, within the ranks of each organization, and with other powers and factions, and the discovery of long-lost terrible, world-shattering secrets...

Let assume the players are relatively new to the game and don't know about those modules. You want them to discover Flanaess and to enjoy those old style modules...

Taking into account both fun and ease to adapt to 5th edition, which modules would you pick, and in what order?

EDIT: And yes, I know about Tales of the Yawning Portal. I could use parts of it...

Finieous
2018-03-21, 01:29 AM
TAGDQ is the classic Greyhawk campaign.

ETA: Oy, necro.