PDA

View Full Version : Saddle the horses, Percival, we're leaving

Khantalas
2007-08-20, 07:08 PM
Dear brothers, sisters, friends, lords, ladies, kings, queens, gods, goddesses, angels, devils, oh, and Katie,

Today is a blessed day for all of you. For months you have waited, patiently suffering, for this day to come. You have prayed, sacrificed souls and made pacts with unholy forces, all for one purpose, so that I would stop bugging you.

And, well, I am doing it. Stopping bugging you, that is.

I should have done this a few months ago, but I tried delaying it for as long as I could. At this point, I can no longer delay it, and have to accept that my time here is over. So, you can bring out the champagne at last, the one behind the Random Banter you've been hiding for all this time.

It's been a nice 10-11 months we've had together - for me, at least - but all good things must come to an end, apparently, and I wanted to write something to honor those months and my relationships with you (it's not what you think, dammit!), and to thank you all for what you have done to me (again, not what you think).

So, thank you all.

Wow, that was bland and uninteresting. Let's try a different approach.

My dear Ceika, thank you for being the bestest sister ever and for being so wonderful and beautiful a person. I wish you the best of the best in life. May you forever be merry (and don't you forget your promise to cook me pasta and take me to the rollercoasters and to meet El Jaspero and Alarra and stuff!).

Alarra, thank you for being so kind and caring and warm. Can we call you mommy and lie on your lap when we're scared?

Silkenfist, thanks for the wonderful games you've created. Although it would have been much better if I could win just once.

Death, thanks for all the puns. What would the playground be like without them.

Fax and Vorpal, thanks for all the homebrew and other fancy stuff. You two are like gods given flesh, good looks and a very creative streak.

Bor, thanks for encouraging us to try to be well. You be well, too (and my offer to set you up with someone still stands :smalltongue:).

Trog, thanks for just being mostly positively awesomely great. And helpful, too.

The couples of the Playground, you get no thanks. You are all just too happy and cute and sweet and lovely and my evil physiology can't handle that. I need suffering to feed on, dammit! :smalltongue:

The fair ladies of the Playground, thanks for shattering my heart to so many pieces. There are so many of you that could (and did, in some cases) steal my heart with your beauty, charm, brilliance and general wonderfulness. I'm sorry that I lack the words to tell how great and lovable you truly are. I guess Shiny could do it for me later. (The aforementioned fair ladies include, but are not limited to: Serpentine, Scorpina, Reina, Ms. E, Castaras, Gezina, Alarra, Emerald Rose and pretty much every girl who's graced the Playground with their presence)

The rest of you I forgot, thank you for being so weird, fun, smart and making me feel home for all this time. You are all great people, even though I may hate you and stuff.

Everyone else that I haven't met, I'm sorry for not getting to know you. I'm sure you're really great people with wonderful qualities, but I must learn to live without them, I guess. In any rate, thank you for being people the people I thank would be thankful for (assuming you are, in fact, such a person).

Anyone outside those categories, you can all burn in hell for all I care. But I guess no one is left, so, you get off lucky.

And finally, I thank the Playground for giving me the chance to be a better person. I wasted that chance, but I'm glad to know it was there. I guess you give me more credit than I deserve.

Well, I'm not very good with words. If I have offended you in any way, I'm sorry about that. It was probably not intentional (unless you are Katie, than it might have been intentional, but I'm still sorry). But I wish you all the best for the rest of your life (than again, being without me might be all the best for some). I will try not to forget you.

And finally, if you have the time, tell the northern lights to keep shining. And from time to time, try to remember me. It would make me glad.

Farewell,

Khantalas.

So, are the horses saddled, Percival? Good. Then let's leave at once. We've got a long journey ahead of us.

Dib
2007-08-20, 07:13 PM
This isn't a Suicide Note is it? I don't know what to say if I don't klnow what it is... but I am prepared!

circumstance a) Good luck with life away from the Playground. Wish you luck... (you'll be back... they always come back)

circumstance b) Don't do it! Believe me, it ain't fun... for you or anyone you know or anyone at all... its a waste of time and energy, not to mention it hurts... but if you do, just remember you'll be back... they always come back

:smallconfused:

:smallcool: Goodbye :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2007-08-20, 07:16 PM
Khantalas is leaving? *insert standard lament about too many venerable people leaving*

Well, NOW you've got suffering to feed on. Mine. I hope you come back, preferably soon.

Lucky
2007-08-20, 07:19 PM
This means no more pictures, right? Because then we may yet salvage this day!

Er, that was mean.
(Duh!)
Shut up.

Anyways, have a good time in your life outside the Playground!

Ceres
2007-08-20, 07:19 PM
Let's say goodbye with a smile, dear,
Just for a while, dear, we must part.
Don't let the parting upset you,
I'll not forget you, sweetheart.

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when,
But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day.
Keep smiling through, just like you always do,
'Til the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.

So will you please say hello to the folks that I know,
Tell them I won't be long.
They'll be happy to know that as you saw me go,
I was singing this song.

After the rain comes the rainbow,
You'll see the rain go, never fear,
We two can wait for tomorrow,
Goodbye to sorrow, my dear.

Well, perhaps a bit too much seeing I hardly know you, and you probably haven't even heard of me, but I'm sure you're worth it :smalltongue: .

What is happening to these forums?

Ego Slayer
2007-08-20, 07:21 PM
I've been wondering where you've been...

Well, so long. Good luck with life, the universe, and everything. *hugs Khan*

Lucky
2007-08-20, 07:23 PM
What is happening to these forums?Uh... what do you mean?

Alarra
2007-08-20, 07:28 PM
Alarra, thank you for being so kind and caring and warm. Can we call you mommy and lie on your lap when we're scared?

Yes. Yes you may. *hugs* Good luck with everything. Don't go disappearing off msn too though, k?

Dr._Weird
2007-08-20, 07:48 PM
Dammit, Khantalas, the board is losing veterans! Why?!

Bye... :smallfrown:

Ceres
2007-08-20, 08:11 PM
Uh... what do you mean?

Dammit, Khantalas, the board is losing veterans! Why?!

What he said.

SMEE
2007-08-20, 08:29 PM
Noooooo!!!!

* embraces her lovely Khan and don't let him go. :smalleek:

Don't you dare to leave me here alone! :smallfrown:

And even if you do, you're still my boyfriend! I won't let you disappear from my life! :smalltongue:

* holds her Khan tight.

I love you, and this place will be less colorful without you, my gorgeous boyfriend.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-20, 08:31 PM
No! The squirel in a suit that reminds me of Gai-sensei's!

Ah well. Have a good life.

Nomrom
2007-08-20, 08:34 PM
I'd wondered where you had been. I don't how well you knew me, but you will be missed.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-08-20, 08:43 PM
I believe I fall into the category of people you never knew existed, but I knew that you were always here. It makes me sad to see a fellow playgrounder leave. May you fare well out there.

Go, and never look back. The view isn't as good as you expect it to be, so it's not worth it.

Au revoir...

phoenixineohp
2007-08-20, 09:20 PM
It's your choice to go, even if I disagree with it. Perhaps you will come back. Either way I hope you find fulfilling happiness and peace. Take care.

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-20, 09:36 PM
I've already told you what I think. I'll miss you. *hugs Khan*

wadledo
2007-08-20, 09:49 PM
I did not know you,
And you did not know me.

But this is from all the people who you did not meet,
Have not meet,
Will not meet,
And dream to meet.

You've changed the world for the better,
No matter what you,
or anyone else,
may think.

Thank you for anything,
everything,
and all you have done.

zeratul
2007-08-20, 09:51 PM
Gah! I don't like this one bit!:smalleek:

We will miss you Kahn!:smallfrown:

Cobra gone, Ms_E and SOTS evacuating FB, Gez leaving, Zeph leaving, various others leaving....

No fun.

FdL
2007-08-20, 10:15 PM
You'll certainly be missed, Khan!

But well, regarding the "everyone is leaving" theme, it's up to those of us who stay to make it as good as ever or even better. It's sad to see friends go, but that's the nature of internet and/or life (I'm getting the impression I already said this, it's an e-deja vu)

Serpentine
2007-08-20, 10:18 PM
I'm not saying goodbye, cuz I'm remaining latched on for all the juicy gossip/romance of you'n'SMEE :smallwink: :smalltongue:

And don't worry everyone, at least he has a relatively decent reason to take his leave - he's run out of stuff to contribute, apparently (or so he told me).

Anyway, drop by sometime, 'kay? ^_^

(also: yay I was first on the list :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:)

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 10:45 PM
Why? You can still contribute! Come! Give us lurkers things to laugh about!

But, if your mind is made up, good luck in life. We'll miss you, us lurkers. But don't let that slow you down; go forth unto your new life and I'm starting to feel stupid and sentimental, so I'll stop.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-08-20, 11:21 PM
I'm still here, Zeratul, just not posting much.

Lucky
2007-08-20, 11:36 PM
What he said.Losing veterans?

Sure... keep telling yourself that...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-21, 09:20 AM
Farewell, Khan. Its sad to see a fellow bunny go.

Mattarias, King.
2007-08-21, 09:49 AM
Farewell, Khan. Its sad to see a fellow bunny go.

:smalleek: Bunny? But- y- both of- AAH! *brain fizzle*

Damn, this guy knows how to makt threads that cause some sort of suffering...
I hope you have a better time somwhere ele, dood. your posts were always funny.

... I'm going to sit here in the corner and rock back and forth. All I know of life is a lie..

Ikkitosen
2007-08-21, 10:04 AM
Ok, is leaving the new SMBG? Are you all trying to beat each other for how many responses you get? (You can have mine Khan)

Jibar
2007-08-21, 10:09 AM
And 'lo, the You thread was saved from Damnation! Until Dis decides to honour Khan's memory. :smalltongue:

At any rate Khan, you'll be back, and when you are back, bring back cookies!

(Translation: No, seriously, bring me cookies.)

(Second translation: Ye will be missed. And ye will bring cookies.)

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-21, 12:32 PM
*shoots Percival*

This makes me sad. Doubly so because I've not been here long enough to know what to say. But even in my short time here I feel I've gotten to know you, a little at least, and I wish you didn't have to leave. Hope it isn't permanent.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-21, 02:01 PM
Y'know, I'd accept this goodbye thread a lot more if it didn't ring so much like "Goodbye, cruel world. Parting is such sweet sorrow." Most people have a reason for leaving. But thinking that you're "bugging" us. That's nonsense. Just look at the other posts on this thread. You will be missed.

Still, if you have some other reason for going, I suppose there's no stopping you. You're a good man, Khan, with a sensetive, romantic heart. There's something in your message that makes me think you're off to find something missing in yourself. Whatever that may be, I hope you find it. And on that journey, I hope, above all else, you remember to...

BE WELL!:smile:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-21, 04:09 PM
No idea who you are Khantalas though that's obviously a big oversight on my part. Stil, I'm sad you're leaving, since you seem to be able to formulate a long (very long, in fact) post in proper grammar and coherent language. So, i bid you farewell, and hope our paths cross again.

*Secretly pops open champaign anyways*

Lord Herman
2007-08-21, 04:18 PM
Okay, that does it.

*locks forum gates and swallows key*

That should keep any more forum veterans from escaping.

Ceika
2007-08-21, 06:27 PM
My dear Ceika, thank you for being the bestest sister ever and for being so wonderful and beautiful a person. I wish you the best of the best in life. May you forever be merry (and don't you forget your promise to cook me pasta and take me to the rollercoasters and to meet El Jaspero and Alarra and stuff!).

When you get out here, Khan, I'll do everything I can to make good on my promise! :smallbiggrin: Just don't up-and-vanish completely, ok? You're a great person, and the bestest brother! You will be missed, truly you will... :smallfrown:

Xerillum
2007-08-21, 07:27 PM
A large group of soldiers barricade the gates, and the million buglers all quit.