PDA

View Full Version : background for hexblade

imtodd
2017-12-08, 02:11 PM
DM has offered 100 extra xp for a backstory on characters. I've never been much on developing a char beyond the numbers. I'm more into the mechanics of the game, but for 100 xp I'll bite (or appeal to you guys for help) :smallbiggrin:

vHuman Hexblade 1 / Rogue 4
8/14/16/8/10/16
Wields whip and uses BB with Spell Sniper feat
Still have 1 feat to choose and a Rogue archetype

Melee focused but obviously Eldritch Blast is there to use as a backup if necessary.

Did he run across an intelligent whip while touring with the circus apprenticing as an animal trainer? That sounds rather hokey but that's what I've managed to come up with so far (and I'm sure I read that somewhere else). The setting is Forgotten Realms so anything that you might run across there. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Anderlith
2017-12-08, 09:33 PM
You could have been a lion/beast tamer, but an unfortunate accident caused the beast to turn on you. In that moment of death you begged for salvation from any God, Devil, or rogue power to save you. Something answers, & you live, your tamer whip transforming into a shadowy weapon. You leave the circus & start adventuring, your dreams plagued by your master whipping you with shadows when you dally or loiter in your new tasks

Finney
2017-12-08, 10:28 PM
DM has offered 100 extra xp for a backstory on characters. I've never been much on developing a char beyond the numbers. I'm more into the mechanics of the game, but for 100 xp I'll bite (or appeal to you guys for help) :smallbiggrin:

vHuman Hexblade 1 / Rogue 4
8/14/16/8/10/16
Wields whip and uses BB with Spell Sniper feat
Still have 1 feat to choose and a Rogue archetype

Melee focused but obviously Eldritch Blast is there to use as a backup if necessary.

Did he run across an intelligent whip while touring with the circus apprenticing as an animal trainer? That sounds rather hokey but that's what I've managed to come up with so far (and I'm sure I read that somewhere else). The setting is Forgotten Realms so anything that you might run across there. Any and all suggestions welcome.

The Coil of Enslavement

The coil is a writhing, tendril-like manifestation of pure shadow that was forged in the Shadowfell. It was often used by the Raven Queen to physically bind and torture her servants and underlings, granting them wisdom, enlightenment and revelation through pain and suffering.

To expand her reach from the Shadowfell into the material plane, the coil was sent to Faerun where it has passed through numerous hands. On the material plane, it takes the form of a sleek, pitch black whip and seeks individuals that have an insatiable desire for knowledge and power - binding and enslaving them to do the Raven Queen's bidding.