PDA

View Full Version : D&D Funny Moments

Duskanor
2017-12-08, 08:25 PM
Just a bunch of funny things that have happened at the game table or campaign!

Personally I think my funniest moment was when the party's barbarian threatened my Druid and called me weak, then in the next battle he got clobbered by a bunch of hill giants that surrounded him.

Greenflame133
2018-01-08, 06:54 AM
This one it's as extrem as others but it's funny because it happened very early one, set up is simple. Part of 4 girl is camping near the city, I was playing only nonhuman in the group and it was pixie. (also funny note, everyone else was under 20 when I was over 2 centuries old). Suddenly a lively golem walks up on us. We talk for a while and others hide her from the guards. As they approach I call out for them to identify themselves to buy some time for others. Yet they dosn't they just storm our camp and start searching, failing their checks. Head guard asks us about the golem. As moust charismatic I reply naturally acting as golem wasn't here. DM rolls first, d20+4 and she rolled 19, great, that's not going to be easy i think to myself, as I roll d20+7. Somehow I manage to roll 19 myself. Ok it was easy, but then DM tells us that if they stry here for tool long we will have to do more rolling. Since I was already unfriendly to the guard I continue, soon it turns into lecture no now they can't just storm into a camp of girls into middle of the night without introduction and how him coming unannounced was dumm because we could mistake him for a bandit. I'm not sure why but I find it funny to incision a hight ranking guard in heavy armor completely dominate by some with appearance of a child, str 4 and this happened with the first replaying evening.

PopeLinus1
2018-01-08, 09:54 AM
Once, I was DMing and played a character.

Our resident fighter had thrown away his weapons, and then began punching opponents.

At the news that his fists of steel where not working, he focused his rage on my character.

He then did that three more times, with each one rolling high enough to knock me unconscious.

CosmicHobbit
2018-01-12, 07:13 PM
Maybe this isn't funny, but I was trying not to laugh at the time.

We were doing the Mine of Phandelver booklet, and we had just encountered the Nothic in the Redbrands hideout. The Nothic was going on about how the chest was it's chest, and I decided to say something. And so, I said the first thing that popped into my head:
"Is it a meatchest?
The DM slowly looks at me and says, "Meat...chest?"
In an extremely serious voice, I reply, "A chest made of meat. I made them every Sunday at the temple." (my character was an Acolyte Paladin)
The DM says, very slowly, "...nnnnoooo..."

After this, it just became part if my character. He was a Paladin, and had no proficiency in Cook's Tools,
but he was an aspiring cook. He was a dragonborn named Ghesh, so it's a joke that he'll eventually make a tavern called "Ghesh's Good Eats". Pretty successful blurt in my opinion.