PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Monster Creation Lab

JNAProductions
2017-12-08, 11:30 PM
IGOR! Fetch me some ingredients!

Yes master...

Something... Different. Something... Exotic...

Basically, the idea is as follows: You give me a list of ingredients, and I make a monster out of it. The first set, to show how it works, has been provided by Illven, and is as follows:

adamantine, dragonscale, mithrail, alchimeical silver for the base

Alchemical Silver Golem
Large Construct, Unaligned

Armor Class 18 (Integrated Adamantine Full Plate)
Hit Points 210 (20d10+100)
Speed 40'

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

18 (+4)
16 (+3)
20 (+5)
3 (-4)
10 (0)
1 (-5)

Damage Immunities Poison, Psychic, non-magical and non-adamantine Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage
Damage Resistances Fire, Lightning, Acid, Cold
Condition Immunities Charmed, Exhausted, Frightened, Paralyzed, Petrified, Poisoned
Senses Darkvision 120', Passive Perception 10
Languages Understands one language spoken by its creator, but cannot speak
Challenge 9

Immutable Form The golem is immune to any effect that would alter its form.

Magic Resistance The golem has advantage on saves against magical effects.

Magical Weapons The golem's attacks count as magical for the purposes of overcoming damage resistance and immunities.

Mithral Joints The golem has mithral joints, granting it greatly increased agility. This increases its move speed by 10' and its Dexterity by 6 (already included in its statline).

Dragonhide Layering The golem is inlaid with dragonhide, granting it resistance to many common elements, and complete immunity to dragon breath.

Adamantine Full Plate The golem is immune to critical hits, though is still hit on a natural 20.

Actions

Slam Melee Natural Attack: +10 to-hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 3d8+4 (17) bludgeoning damage.

Alchemical Storehouse The Alchemical Silver Golem, in addition to being a masterwork construction, is a storehouse for all sorts of alchemy creations. When taking this action, it may throw one of the following items as a ranged attack:
Tanglefoot Bag: +9 to-hit, range 60'/180', one target. Hit: The target is restrained. The target may make a Strength check (replacing an attack) at DC 14 to break free.
Thunderstone: range 60'/180', 5' radius centered around a point in range. All targets within the area must make a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or take 4d8 (18) bludgeoning damage and be pushed 5' back from the center of the blast. If the Thunderstone is thrown at long range, this save is made with advantage.
Alchemist's Fire: +9 to-hit, range 60'/180', one target. Hit: The target takes 2d8 (9) fire damage and lights on fire. They take a further 1d8 fire damage at the start of each of their turns, and must take an action to stop, drop, and roll (making themselves prone in the process) and douse the fires. (Alternative solutions may exist, such as jumping in a pond or similar.)
Acid Worm (Recharge 4-6): +9 to-hit, range 60'/180', one target. Hit: The target takes 3d8 (13) acid damage and the streamers of acid begin to burrow into their equipment. Non-magical equipment must be cleaned (taking an action) within 2d2 rounds or degrade to uselessness, while magical equipment instead take a -1 penalty to hit rolls and damage rolls (weapons) or AC (armor, to a minimum AC of 10+Dex (light), 10+Dex max 2 (medium), or 10 (heavy)) every 2d2 rounds until cleaned and repaired.

Multiattack The golem makes two slam attacks.

Alchemical Barrage (Racharge 5-6) The golem uses each available option from its Alchemical Storehouse action.

DCR base is 10, and nothing really changes that. No regen, normal AC-wait, MAGIC RESISTANCE! Ups effective AC by 2, so that's DCR of 11.

OCR is 34 DPR for 5 base, +2 for hit bonus (so 7). Save DCs are slightly low, but with Barrage and the extra abilities, that probably makes up for it.

So 7+11=18, 18/2=9. Final CR is 9.

RazDelacroix
2017-12-09, 01:52 AM
Master! The wicked holiday comes again this year! For this travesty, my mother sent this box of ingredients for your next foul creation!

The bones of a gang of orphan children (freshly charred from the orphanarium fire), the essence of sweet dreams (captured in nifty vials), and of course a lantern filled with pixies!

Oh, and my mother also sent you this apple pie. Probably should just eat that and not put it in the test lab.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-12-09, 07:26 AM
Looks like a job for the monster parts generator (http://www.random-generator.com/index.php?title=MonsterParts)!

The next shipment:

A sack of lizardfolk ears
A flask of ogre bile
A keg of grimlock livers
A pouch of deva feathers
A cask of ankheg chitin

khadgar567
2017-12-09, 08:31 AM
intact eldar scourge body
pair of tarkatan blades
noble drow slave
sack of soul gems

have a wicked work mate. i show my self the exit.

JNAProductions
2017-12-09, 12:39 PM
Master! The wicked holiday comes again this year! For this travesty, my mother sent this box of ingredients for your next foul creation!

The bones of a gang of orphan children (freshly charred from the orphanarium fire), the essence of sweet dreams (captured in nifty vials), and of course a lantern filled with pixies!

Oh, and my mother also sent you this apple pie. Probably should just eat that and not put it in the test lab.

Bonefield Will-O-Wisp
Small Fey, Neutral Evil

Armor Class 18 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 113 (15d8+45)
Speed Fly 60'

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

6 (-2)
22 (+6)
17 (+3)
18 (+4)
14 (+2)
20 (+5)

Damage Resistances Non-magical Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage, Lightning
Condition Immunities Prone
Skills Acrobatics +10, Stealth +14
Senses Darkvision 120', Passive Perception 12
Languages Common
Challenge XYZ

Actions

Zap Ranged Spell Attack: +9 to-hit, range 120', one target. Hit: 18 (4d8) Lightning damage.

Dream A Little Dream Ranged Spell Attack: DC 17 Charisma saving throw, range 60', one target. Failed Save: The target falls asleep for one minute. They can be awoken normally. Successful Save: The target has disadvantage on Perception checks for one round, as they nod off slightly. This ability may be used subtly-the target does not know they were targeted by an ability.

Multiattack The Will-O-Wisp makes three Zap attacks.

Bonus Actions

Cunning Action The Will-O-Wisp takes the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Lair Effects

The Will-O-Wisp's lair is the graveyard of orphaned children it spawned from. In this lair, dreams are troubled by haunting visions of the dead, making rest impossible, and anyone who dies in there rises at the full moon as a skeleton under the control of the Will-O-Wisp. In addition, there are the following lair actions, taken on initiative count 20, losing ties. The same action may not be taken twice in a row.

-Bony arms reach up and grasp at the legs of those who walk. In a 10' radius anywhere within the lair, the space becomes difficult terrain, and deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage for every 5' walked through it.
-Swirling fog coalesces. A 20' radius cloud of fog appears and obstructs vision to everyone but the Will-O-Wisp.

Devcon1
2017-12-10, 05:48 PM
Ah, my lord, the winter comes again, and dare I say its the coldest one in years! To celebrate, I have collected a number of frigid ingredients for your next creation!

I have gathered for you the following ingredients:
- One Abominable Yeti heart
- Three Bheur Hag skulls
- A jar of chilled Gazer eyes
- Twelve ice cubes made of Maw Demon blood
- One frozen mud mephit who tried to swindle me

Ah yes, and I baked you some gingerbread cookies to enjoy while you work, my lord. Or incorporate into the creature, if for some reason you would choose to do so.

Jormengand
2017-12-10, 06:42 PM
Haha, I'd like to see him coming up with something from this!

"Master, I have the following rare ingredients to present:

The Form of the Table (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_forms)
Three tachyons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon)
Seven 6Γ∈@7$ω0Γδ$ (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?541906-Horrors-(3-5-monsters-PEACH))
A feather from a cockatrice, a lock of hair from a dryad, a drop of blood from a yuan-ti and the brain of an intellect devourer (http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Waterdhavian_creature)
Whatever the hell is on Joey's head (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4)

Good luck, master. You may need it..."