PDA

View Full Version : So an idea for torture?

NecroDancer
2017-12-10, 12:03 PM
The enemy is forced to hear the paladin pontificating while the Magic pokes them with a mage hand.

Other variants are

1. Listen to the druid talk about being green

2. Hear the best/worst of the bard's bagpipe/accordion solos

3. Have the wizard argue to them about why their school of magic is the best

4. Have to sit near the barbarian (who hasn't showed) while the mage casts gust of wind in their direction

Any other ideas for torture in d&d?

JNAProductions
2017-12-10, 12:23 PM
Can't tell if I should post something I've actually done, though in a 3.P game...

Since, you know, it would actually qualify as something awful.

Vaz
2017-12-10, 01:41 PM
Spend a hour listening to War_lord's gibberish.

StoicLeaf
2017-12-10, 02:56 PM
what happened to lopping people's fingers off!?

-̗̀ (ↀωↀ) -̖́
2017-12-10, 03:08 PM
scare him by saying that you will use him as a trap detector in your next dungeon crawl.

JackPhoenix
2017-12-10, 03:10 PM
Spend a hour listening to War_lord's gibberish.

I was about to add "Listening to people arguing about something called 'alignment'", but this works too.

PrismaRiyo
2017-12-10, 04:04 PM
The enemy is forced to hear the paladin pontificating while the Magic pokes them with a mage hand.

Other variants are
3. Have the wizard argue to them about why their school of magic is the best

4. Have to sit near the barbarian (who hasn't showed) while the mage casts gust of wind in their direction

3. This one actually happened in one of the games I played, it was awful and hysterical.

4. This is AMAZING.

On the same line
Maybe having to listen to a monk talk about the importance of an healthy and active lifestyle?

Caelic
2017-12-11, 05:39 AM
5. Force them to read the coffeelock threads. ALL of the coffeelock threads.

Avonar
2017-12-11, 05:49 AM
My favourite one was a Bard using Stinking Cloud and convincing them he could keep it up all day.

krugaan
2017-12-11, 06:16 AM
You know, it occurs to me that majority of damage in DnD could be seen as torturous.

Insect Plague - eaten to death by thousands of swarming insects
any fire spell - burned alive
necrotic damage - you rot from the inside (or outside)
Phantasmal killer - literally scared so bad it hurts you (possibly to death)
Cloud of Knives - death by a thousand cuts
Even something like shocking grasp seems like something straight out of Archer.

Thus, obviously, the most painful form of torture is bringing your date home to meet the parents.

Baby pictures.

haplot
2017-12-11, 06:40 AM
make the victim real hungry, then organise a cooked breakfast feast type thing to make victim drool ... :)

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-11, 08:10 AM
Have the Druid be in charge of feeding them. Druid spends the whole time talking about how he promises that the vegan steak he is cooking tastes just like the real thing!

Throne12
2017-12-11, 08:21 AM
Have them listen to a bard tell them the tales of a Adventuring group called Vox Machina.

KorvinStarmast
2017-12-11, 08:28 AM
Make the prisoner watch back to back sessions of Critical Role.

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-11, 08:30 AM
Have the Orc Bard regale him with some of his experimental poetry, complete with interpretive dance.

Falcon X
2017-12-11, 08:40 AM
Shape Water cantrip:
Have water slide up his leg and surround his, uh, sensitive parts. Then freeze it and tell him “You have X minutes to talk before it dies and falls off.”

Sigreid
2017-12-11, 09:27 AM
You know, it occurs to me that majority of damage in DnD could be seen as torturous.

Insect Plague - eaten to death by thousands of swarming insects
any fire spell - burned alive
necrotic damage - you rot from the inside (or outside)
Phantasmal killer - literally scared so bad it hurts you (possibly to death)
Cloud of Knives - death by a thousand cuts
Even something like shocking grasp seems like something straight out of Archer.

Thus, obviously, the most painful form of torture is bringing your date home to meet the parents.

Baby pictures.

When the experts need to cause pain they go cold and not hot.

nickl_2000
2017-12-11, 09:32 AM
Baby pictures.

This could be accomplished very effectively with minor illusion. A new picture every six seconds, that is larger than life.

Throne12
2017-12-11, 09:39 AM
Shape Water cantrip:
Have water slide up his leg and surround his, uh, sensitive parts. Then freeze it and tell him “You have X minutes to talk before it dies and falls off.”

Can't do that shape water doesn't let you freeze water if there is anything in it.

War_lord
2017-12-11, 10:12 AM
5 minutes of the Eberron brigade.

Sigreid
2017-12-11, 10:28 AM
Start an alignment discussion.

KorvinStarmast
2017-12-11, 11:22 AM
@War_Lord and Sigreid; whoa, that's heading into some dark territory there.

:belkar:

History_buff
2017-12-11, 06:16 PM
Declaiming terrible poetry.

My bard would of course make sure that that prisoner would understand that it’s not HIS poetry.

It would involve rhyming silver with kilter. And the meter would be all over the place. Oh it would be terrible.

KorvinStarmast
2017-12-11, 10:59 PM
Declaiming terrible poetry.

My bard would of course make sure that that prisoner would understand that it’s not HIS poetry.

It would involve rhyming silver with kilter. And the meter would be all over the place. Oh it would be terrible. *Phone Rings*
It's the people from Geneva, on the phone. They'd like to have a word with you ... :smallbiggrin:

krugaan
2017-12-12, 12:38 AM
- Force detainee to argue with their mother about how those herbal remedies she buys for 100 dollars a bottle are useless

- listen to political argument without saying a word

- remove thread-lok'd bolt from engine block ... bolt head is snapped off

- walk aunt through PC repair over the phone (no internet, no remote desktop)

- game patch stuck at 99%

- spotty internet during rank up match

Bahamut7
2017-12-12, 12:41 AM
If the prisoner is male...my friend has a go to torture threat that typically leads to results. It requires 2 mundane items. 2 glass Stir Rods and a malleable, phallic object. Got to use your imagination to figure out how to acquire.

Step 1: Show prisoner objects.

Step 2: Insert glass stir rod into other object.

Step 3: Punch as hard you can object with rod installed.

Step 4: Reveal second glass stir rod.

The prisoner should cave in at that point. If not, you should at least have advantage on intimidation or persuasion checks.

gooddragon1
2017-12-12, 12:44 AM
Inappropriate Topics
The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics).

- spotty internet during rank up match

It's just that heinous. Kids visit these forums man.

krugaan
2017-12-12, 12:57 AM
It's just that heinous. Kids visit these forums man.

Hah! I defy the mods and their impotent rules!

All the torrented movies you search for only return cams with chinese dubbing!

Spend 2 hours on thoughtful reddit post noone upvotes!

10 minutes to get to final exam and car chooses not to start!

Receive call from IRS asking why you invested in brother-in-laws sure bet.

"You look fine."

"Of course, I actually looked at you before I said that."

"Well, since you asked, that dress does make you look a little fat."

gooddragon1
2017-12-12, 01:08 AM
Hah! I defy the mods and their impotent rules!

All the torrented movies you search for only return cams with chinese dubbing!

Spend 2 hours on thoughtful reddit post noone upvotes!

10 minutes to get to final exam and car chooses not to start!

Receive call from IRS asking why you invested in brother-in-laws sure bet.

"You look fine."

"Of course, I actually looked at you before I said that."

"Well, since you asked, that dress does make you look a little fat."

Just saying this for a friend:

Find a youtube of an anime clip you like at last. The only one. It's an amv.
http://media.tumblr.com/46d8829f4fe33bd5718a77e8245947f7/tumblr_inline_mj6g4c636f1qz4rgp.gif

Temperjoke
2017-12-12, 01:15 AM
Have them listen to a bard tell them the tales of a Adventuring group called Vox Machina.

Make the prisoner watch back to back sessions of Critical Role.

I like watching Critical Role :(

Give the prisoner a delicious meal, then explain to him that you used Prestidigitation to cover up the taste of the poison, and put an hourglass on the table and a vial next to it that contains the antidote. Occasionally check his pulse, pull open his eye lids, and other random medical exam things, asking him how he feels, etc. The nice thing is, unless they're a truly coldblooded person, they'll mentally torture themselves over it, even if you didn't actually do anything to the food.

krugaan
2017-12-12, 01:15 AM
Just saying this for a friend:

Find a youtube of an anime clip you like at last. The only one. It's an amv.
http://media.tumblr.com/46d8829f4fe33bd5718a77e8245947f7/tumblr_inline_mj6g4c636f1qz4rgp.gif

I had to lol at that. There used to be some pretty good AMVs, back in the days when I cared about such things.

gooddragon1
2017-12-12, 01:21 AM
I had to lol at that. There used to be some pretty good AMVs, back in the days when I cared about such things.

They didn't label it.

hymer
2017-12-12, 01:22 AM
Baby pictures.

Or holiday pictures. Threaten (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbPjE5oI_U) to up it to a slideshow if they don't comply.

Mith
2017-12-12, 01:34 AM
Be the nice person. Give the them a bowl of good stew and a nice wood chair to sit in. A good sturdy solid chair that is just a joy to sit in. They also get a cozy alcolve to sit in peace.

After they finish the soup, inform them of your new brand of slow acting Sovereign Glue as well as 1 hour delay tasteless laxitive. Walk out and close the door behind you.

Vaz
2017-12-12, 05:21 AM
Be the nice person. Give the them a bowl of good stew and a nice wood chair to sit in. A good sturdy solid chair that is just a joy to sit in. They also get a cozy alcolve to sit in peace.

After they finish the soup, inform them of your new brand of slow acting Sovereign Glue as well as 1 hour delay tasteless laxitive. Walk out and close the door behind you.

So they **** out the glue and which then solidifies outside?

TheTeaMustFlow
2017-12-12, 08:15 AM
Supposedly in Guantanamo they played the same song at high volume on repeat for 24 hours. The most popular choice for said song, oddly enough, was "I Love You" by Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

KorvinStarmast
2017-12-12, 08:23 AM
I like watching Critical Role :( I was under the impression that raising personal fetishes like masochism was beyond the forum rules. (Just kidding). :smallbiggrin:

Supposedly in Guantanamo they played the same song at high volume on repeat for 24 hours. The most popular choice for said song, oddly enough, was "I Love You" by Barney the Purple Dinosaur. Man, that's just mean.

Sigreid
2017-12-12, 08:49 AM
Or holiday pictures. Threaten (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbPjE5oI_U) to up it to a slideshow if they don't comply.

Vacation slideshow. /shudder

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-12, 09:25 AM
Vacation slideshow. /shudder

Make sure that all of the minor illusions are a bit blurry, for added effect.

Mith
2017-12-12, 11:25 AM
So they **** out the glue and which then solidifies outside?

Nope. I obviously wasn't extremely clear. They are adhered to the sturdy chair so they cannot get up, and then their gut starts to run. They delay action gives them time to sit back and relax without them noticing resistance from the glue.

Since it's expected that they are wearing pants, they have to sit through the mess.

PopeLinus1
2017-12-12, 01:13 PM
Play some 4e with them.

(Only if their really awful, I mean we’re not savages)

Vaz
2017-12-12, 06:06 PM
Supposedly in Guantanamo they played the same song at high volume on repeat for 24 hours. The most popular choice for said song, oddly enough, was "I Love You" by Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Also, Screaming Baby Rabbits.