PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Dark Souls Boss as a PC

Rogerdodger557
2017-12-11, 01:20 PM
AL legal, I currently have a level 3 Tortle Zealot Barbarian, and am curious as where to go from here. I have some general ideas, but I'd love to see what the community has to offer. Current Stat array is:

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 12

Next level I'm considering Magic Initiate(Druid) or Great weapon Master, and the other one being taken at 8th level.

Unoriginal
2017-12-11, 01:52 PM
AL legal, I currently have a level 3 Tortle Zealot Barbarian, and am curious as where to go from here. I have some general ideas, but I'd love to see what the community has to offer. Current Stat array is:

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 12

Next level I'm considering Magic Initiate(Druid) or Great weapon Master, and the other one being taken at 8th level.

What do you mean by "Dark Souls Boss"?

krugaan
2017-12-11, 01:54 PM

from the greatest game ever!

But yeah, no idea what the character concept is.

Lord8Ball
2017-12-11, 02:12 PM
You could try going variant human and getting disguise self to become a bonewheel skeleton. Since you seem to want to be a barbarian you could get the mobile feat next level for 50 movement and negate their attack of opportunity and run by them over and over again while they struggle to get to you and are not able to attack. or remain a tortle and do something similar. Having a bonewheel tattoo on the shell would be hilarious.

Rogerdodger557
2017-12-11, 02:55 PM

Terrifying inhuman monstrosity

krugaan
2017-12-11, 03:11 PM

I mean, did you have a particular boss in mind, one of the unkindled or the ashen one, one of the mobs, what?

Asmotherion
2017-12-11, 03:18 PM

That's very subjective to say the very least. With this amount of information, most people would google a mod for Skyrim called "Dark Souls" when you put it this way :3 just saying... And with the amount of mods existing, there just might be one :P

Now, back on topic, I believe the Op should elaborate a bit on his character concept, if he wishes more help on the designe, as even people fammiliar with Dark Souls and Fans of the series seem to miss the referance.

Unoriginal
2017-12-11, 03:19 PM

Which boss are you talking about, or how do you want your PC to be this?

krugaan
2017-12-11, 03:26 PM
If you want the true Dark Souls experience, you get max hp at level 1, and then 1hp +con mod for every level after.

All classes get "when you take damage, you may spend your reaction to reduce that damage to 0".

All magic classes use pact magic.

When you die, you reappear at the last place you took a long rest. But you lose all exp and gold.

Also, when lost, a magical glowing sign appears that invariably says "try finger, but hole"

also, outside tavern - "magnificent chest ahead"