PDA

View Full Version : Medium/Heavy armour and atypical character speeds

Xarteros
2017-12-11, 01:29 PM
I'm designing a Google Sheet character planner for the guys in my campaign, and currently I'm working on a table that automatically adjusts speed based on armour worn.

I like to try and future-proof my formulas to adjust for unexpected values, but the armour speed reduction doesn't actually follow an actual formula (rather it's a repeating pattern).

Does anyone know how medium and heavy armour is meant to affect characters with atypical speeds (35, 45, 55 etc)? Since it's not based of a formula, I can't calculate what the result would be. I'm hoping there's another table in a book somewhere that gives a list of how armour slows down those values. It's either that, or I'll just have to round down everything.

It's not super important, but if anyone knows how to help, I'd be eager to hear!

Zanos
2017-12-11, 02:23 PM
The only official table I know of is DMG pg 20, but it doesn't have values for multiples of 5.

Taking 2/3rds of base speed and rounding up to the nearest multiple of 5 works for all values in that table, though. Like so in Excel, probably similar in Google Sheets:

=ROUNDUP(A1*(2/3)/5,0)*5