PDA

View Full Version : Born of Three Thunders and Lord of the Uttercold.

Boggartbae
2017-12-12, 03:53 AM
If I use the snowcasting feat to add the (cold) descriptor to a lightning bolt, does it retain the (electricity) descriptor as well?

If yes, what kinds of damage would the spell deal if I altered it with both the Born of Three Thunders and Lord of the Uttercold metamagic feats? I'm not seeing anything in the RAW that prevents applying both feats to a spell, as long as it has the requisite energy descriptor for each one.

weckar
2017-12-12, 04:56 AM
I suppose it gets split into 4 equal parts? That's the only way it makes sense, I think. Either that, or one feat cancels the other out, which I think is RAW.

Crake
2017-12-12, 05:40 AM
I suppose it gets split into 4 equal parts? That's the only way it makes sense, I think. Either that, or one feat cancels the other out, which I think is RAW.

I believe one feat will cancel out the other, whichever metamagic you apply last, as it declares that all the damage is split between those two types, regardless of what it was previously.

Venger
2017-12-12, 11:47 AM
If I use the snowcasting feat to add the (cold) descriptor to a lightning bolt, does it retain the (electricity) descriptor as well?

If yes, what kinds of damage would the spell deal if I altered it with both the Born of Three Thunders and Lord of the Uttercold metamagic feats? I'm not seeing anything in the RAW that prevents applying both feats to a spell, as long as it has the requisite energy descriptor for each one.

yes it retains (electricity) and gains (cold)

it would be 1/4 electric, 1/4 cold, 1/4 negative energy, 1/4 sonic. of course the feats both apply