PDA

View Full Version : Build help teleporting and lighting

Throne12
2017-12-12, 08:57 AM
Two if my favorite super powers are teleportation and Electricity and lightning manipulation. So how can we build using these 2 things one spell I would like to have is the new spell thunder step. I don't care to much for thunder damage type I'll like lightning damage. Spells that can be fluff is find. Race I was thinking Eladrin but can be changed.

nickl_2000
2017-12-12, 09:04 AM
Two if my favorite super powers are teleportation and Electricity and lightning manipulation. So how can we build using these 2 things one spell I would like to have is the new spell thunder step. I don't care to much for thunder damage type I'll like lightning damage. Spells that can be fluff is find. Race I was thinking Eladrin but can be changed.

Human Shadow Monk with Magic Initiate?

Take Magic Initiate Wizard for Shocking Grasp and Lightning Lure and then either Shield or Find Familiar.

tieren
2017-12-12, 09:14 AM
Firbolg Feylock 6/shadow monk 6/tempest cleric 8

Hidden step
Misty Step
Misty Escape
Shadow Step

Cantrips for lightning lure and shocking grasp

Wrath of the storm
Destructive Wrath
Thunderbolt strike
Divine strike

Throne12
2017-12-12, 09:22 AM
I've played 2 shadow monks and loved them. But they need shadows to teleport. I also feel 6 levels just for teleport is a high cost. I don't see me using unarmed strikes. Stunning strike I could fluff as shocking the nerve system like a Taser. But I'm not shooting lighting from my hands.

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-12, 09:24 AM
High Elf Bladesinger. Take the Racial Feat "Fey Teleportation" from Xanathar's Guide that lets you use Misty Step once/short or long rest.

Good spells to consider taking:

Cantrips - Thunderclap, Shocking Grasp, Booming Blade

1st Level - Fog Cloud, Shield, Thunderwave

2nd Level - Misty Step (for when you need more teleporting)

3rd Level - Lightning Bolt, Thunder Step, Haste (lightning-based characters are usually seen as being speedy)

4th Level - Storm Sphere

5th Level - Steel Wind Strike, Far Step

6th Level - Chain Lightning, Investiture of Wind(?), Scatter

7th Level - Teleport, Plane Shift(?)

8th Level - Control Weather

9th Level - None in particular.

nickl_2000
2017-12-12, 09:32 AM
I've played 2 shadow monks and loved them. But they need shadows to teleport. I also feel 6 levels just for teleport is a high cost. I don't see me using unarmed strikes. Stunning strike I could fluff as shocking the nerve system like a Taser. But I'm not shooting lighting from my hands.

Fair enough, let me throw one more option out there for Monks if you are allowed homebrew. Kryx does some amazing work, and his Way of the Sudden Storm on page 80 may be a great choice wirh Elderin Elf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGh_mU9ihaPbXMtclcwWTlsM1U/view

tieren
2017-12-12, 09:34 AM

Trade out Shadow Monk levels for storm sorceror.

Throne12
2017-12-12, 11:18 AM
High Elf Bladesinger. Take the Racial Feat "Fey Teleportation" from Xanathar's Guide that lets you use Misty Step once/short or long rest.

Good spells to consider taking:

Cantrips - Thunderclap, Shocking Grasp, Booming Blade

1st Level - Fog Cloud, Shield, Thunderwave

2nd Level - Misty Step (for when you need more teleporting)

3rd Level - Lightning Bolt, Thunder Step, Haste (lightning-based characters are usually seen as being speedy)

4th Level - Storm Sphere

5th Level - Steel Wind Strike, Far Step

6th Level - Chain Lightning, Investiture of Wind(?), Scatter

7th Level - Teleport, Plane Shift(?)

8th Level - Control Weather

9th Level - None in particular.

That is a storm mage.
I was thinking if going wizard

Cantrip: shocking grasp, Thunder clap

1st level: catapult (like a railgun or coilgun), find familiar, shield (Magnetic field ), Expeditions retreat. Chromatic orb

2nd level: misty step, hold person (teaser)

3rd level: thunder step, lighting bolt,

Falcon X
2017-12-12, 08:10 PM
My party always made chill touch look like Sith lightning, which works well with the necrotic damage type.
Take Death domain Cleric and you can hit two adjacent enemies at once.

Hyde
2017-12-12, 08:18 PM
I had a homebrew lightning teleport spell that had the option of doing damage when you arrived kicking around 3.PF, I could look at converting it if that's a thing you think might be allowed.