PDA

View Full Version : Golem Armor

Malapterus
2017-12-12, 10:31 AM
I'm starting a game in January, a bit of an over-the-top gestalt game. My character is to be a fighter/wizard. Instead of casting spells in combat, he'll be using spell storing items & crafting magic gear to assist in his role as a front line attacker.

The magnus opum for this character is to build his 'iron golem armor'. This is basically an inert golem that does nothing until someone climbs inside it.

I need good rules and I think I have come up with an elegant solution.

The armor will be treated as armor, not a creature. It will provide an AC bonus and the drawbacks of heavy armor.

Since it will be Large it'll provide the pros and cons of going up a size per monster advancement.

Finally, it would provide the user the benefits if the Half Iron Golem template, without the insanity & the construct traits.

He'd be shooting for this at a pretty high level.

Any thoughts on how else this should work?

Jormengand
2017-12-12, 12:39 PM
You're not the first to think of this idea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?530265-Elite-Equipment-(Nonmagical-items-for-high-level-characters)). You would probably want a golem suit which is enchanted to give you the other properties you want, though I should point out that even heavy fortification on its own is pretty expensive.

Zaferak1
2017-12-12, 02:55 PM
there is a golem suit in the epic handbook
this is it:

Golem Armor: This enormous suit of black iron +10 full plate armor increases the wearer’s size by one category (to a maximum of Colossal). The wearer gains a +10 enhancement bonus to Strength and is rendered immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, disease, and similar effects. He or she is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage. Golem Armor is immune to rust attacks. The wearer of Golem Armor gains damage reduction 15/adamantine. He or she also cannot regain hit points by any means (mundane or magical) while the armor is worn. It requires 1 hour to don or extract oneself from Golem Armor.

Avigor
2017-12-13, 02:11 AM
Also this (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a).