PDA

View Full Version : Leased optimized character

Eko
2017-12-12, 12:41 PM
Ok, so this forum really likes finding cheesy builds that optimize damage, spell slots, etc.

But can we design a level 5 character who, at the hands of a perfectly rules-knowledgable player, would have the most difficult time defeating simple enemies? The player would make optimal decisions as necessary, i.e. melee attack instead of magic if their spellcasting ability is low, etc.

We can pick this characters spells, fighting styles, everything. We simply cannot dictate what actions they will take in the gladiatorial fight we're setting them up for.

Assume starting gear for the selected lvl 1 class.

So, how low can we go?

The_Jette
2017-12-12, 12:53 PM
MC character of the following classes:
Human Variant with Warcrafter to gain Produce Flame (Druid)
1st lvl Wizard (Mage Hand, Prest, Firebolt cantrips; identify, and chromatic orb)
1st lvl Sorcerer (Draconic, Blue)(Acid Splash, blade ward, Control Flames, shocking grasp; Sleep and Witch bolt)
1st lvl Warlock (Infernal)(Booming blade; Eldritch Blast; Armor of Agathys and Hellish Rebuke)
2nd lvl Wizard (Charm Person and Sleep)
1st lvl Cleric (healer)(Mending, Sacred Flame; Healing Word and Inflict Wounds)

Wears heavy armor, and fights with a quarterstaff, when needed. Stats are:
Str 10
Dex 8
Con 12
Int 13+1
Wis 14
Cha 15+1

Uses a variety of Cantrips to get throughout the day. But, without lacks anything that really increases his damage beyond the base damage. However, he has variety. He'll never be the main damage dealer, and has trouble keeping up with the enemy's hit points. But, he'll never find a situation that he can't at least do SOMETHING.

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-12, 12:55 PM
I would think that you could probably build a character that is a caster, but still focuses on melee attacks despite their weakness. Make them a Halfling or a Gnome and have them use a heavy weapon for disadvantage on the attack rolls, too. All spells chosen are buffs that require a teammate and can't be cast on self, or are solely utility.

Let's make this guy a Wizard, Level 5:

Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Friends, Light

Level 1: Alarm, Detect Magic, Comprehend Languages, Tenser's Floating Disk

Level 2: Arcane Lock, Magic Mouth, Nystul's Magic Aura

Level 3: Life Transference, Sending, Tongues

Deophaun
2017-12-12, 12:57 PM
You should just buy your optimized characters. Leasing only costs you more in the long run.

The_Jette
2017-12-12, 12:59 PM
I would think that you could probably build a character that is a caster, but still focuses on melee attacks despite their weakness. Make them a Halfling or a Gnome and have them use a heavy weapon for disadvantage on the attack rolls, too. All spells chosen are buffs that require a teammate and can't be cast on self, or are solely utility.

Let's make this guy a Wizard, Level 5:

Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Friends, Light

Level 1: Alarm, Detect Magic, Comprehend Languages, Tenser's Floating Disk

Level 2: Arcane Lock, Magic Mouth, Nystul's Magic Aura

Level 3: Life Transference, Sending, Tongues

Wizards get an extra Cantrip at level 4.

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-12, 01:01 PM
Wizards get an extra Cantrip at level 4.

Message it is, then!

The_Jette
2017-12-12, 01:03 PM
Message it is, then!

Oh, no! Not message, the most powerful spell ever created in the history of EVER!!!

Seriously, though, outside of combat this guy would actually be pretty useful.

DivisibleByZero
2017-12-12, 01:15 PM
You should just buy your optimized characters. Leasing only costs you more in the long run.

I came here to say this, too.

opaopajr
2017-12-12, 02:17 PM

Me three. Unless you expense it as part of a business. Perhaps someone's "D&D 5e Builds 'R' Us" limited liability corporation. :smalltongue:

Theodoxus
2017-12-12, 03:47 PM
I really wish GitP had a Like or +1 or thumbs up or something, because yeah... me four!

I don't have anything else witty to say regarding leasing characters though... though I do wonder if they're more or less reliable than a hireling.

Jerrykhor
2017-12-12, 08:47 PM
As an accountant, I only have one question: Operating lease or finance lease? :smallbiggrin:

Hyde
2017-12-12, 08:59 PM
As an accountant, I only have one question: Operating lease or finance lease? :smallbiggrin:

My question is, are you leasing the character, or just the optimization, via some sort of retained consultant?

toapat
2017-12-12, 09:15 PM
Least useful character possible at lvl 5:

Race: Teifling, Attributes after racial modifiers: 13/13/13/13/13/13

Monk 1/Paladin 1/Artificer 1*/Ranger 1/Fighter 1

you are proficient in all weapons, light and medium armor, have an unarmored defense that is useless.

you are extremely far away from anything meaningful in terms of incombat.

you do have 6 skills to work with between monk, background, and the 1 each from artificer and ranger.

*Assumption: multiclassing for Artificer will require Int and Dex 13 and provide light armor proficiency and a skill,

You are not terrible at anything, but you have literally no strengths to work with at all.

thoroughlyS
2017-12-12, 09:39 PM
Euslace Wayst
Variant Human Sage
Sun Soul Monk 5

STR 9 (8 + 1)
DEX 8
CON 15
INT 15
WIS 9 (8 + 1)
CHA 15

Languages: Common, Aarakocra, Dwarvish, Elvish
Skills: Animal Handling, Arcana, History, Insight, Religion
Feats: Crossbow Expert, Savage Attacker

You cannot meet the multiclass requirements to get out of monk, and start the game with penalties to both Dexterity and Wisdom, so your AC is 9. You have a +2 to hit at level 5, and deal 1d6 - 1 damage on a hit. Your Constitution, Intelligence, and Charisma are fair, but you lack any way to capitalize. Your decent hp is mitigated by the fact that you will get hit A LOT. You are decently knowledgeable, but I guess it's impossible to be bad at EVERYTHING.

EDIT: Changed skills to pigeon-hole Euslace even further into only being able to make knowledge checks. Changed feat choice to remove ability score increase.

toapat
2017-12-12, 10:51 PM
You cannot meet the multiclass requirements to get out of monk, and start the game with penalties to both Dexterity and Wisdom, so your AC is 9. You have a +2 to hit at level 5, and deal 1d6 - 1 damage on a hit. Your Constitution, Intelligence, and Charisma are fair, but you lack any way to capitalize. Your decent hp is mitigated by the fact that you will get hit A LOT, and the only face skill you have is perform. You are decently knowledgeable, but I guess it's impossible to be bad at EVERYTHING.

the trick isnt to be Bad at your core class things, because that typically comes at the cost of being useful at SOMETHING.

you have to be only at best competent at everything with no mechanisms by which to progress the character. For how much your dude sucks at being a monk, hes decent at least with the knowledge checks and perform.

not useful directly, but in a campaign where we need a good character for crowd distraction, that character gets to shine.

Potato_Priest
2017-12-13, 01:56 AM
I would think that you could probably build a character that is a caster, but still focuses on melee attacks despite their weakness.

This would work wonders, but the OP specified that you don't get do decide the actions the character takes (and they would be strategic) just their build. So this caster would sit back, buff, and be obnoxiously effective, failing the challenge.

You are not terrible at anything, but you have literally no strengths to work with at all.
This is pretty good. It's pretty bad, and jack-of-all tradesing is a decent way to end up with a useless character. You have to be careful though, since if the party all dumped cha or int they might come to rely on you for your (best in the party) +something to relevant skills

Euslace Wayst
Sage Variant Human Sun Soul Monk 5

I think this is simply wonderful. While it may have some out of combat utility due to the skill check capabilities, it is so completely and utterly useless in combat that it has merit as the worst build here. The character can't get a decent AC without giving up their monk features (and some move speed), and would be so useless at everything else anyways that they might as well use the monk stuff. Basically this is a higher-hp peasant that is ok at face skills.

Edit: To the OP:
I'm at college currently, so my old gaming group doesn't get together often enough to run a campaign. The next time we meet, I think I'm going to offer them this challenge, give them an hour to make the characters, and then switch who plays what and declare the person who built the most useless character and the person who played most effectively the winners.

toapat
2017-12-13, 12:50 PM
This is pretty good. It's pretty bad, and jack-of-all tradesing is a decent way to end up with a useless character. You have to be careful though, since if the party all dumped cha or int they might come to rely on you for your (best in the party) +something to relevant skills

well, the most useless skills are Athletics, Acrobatics, Animal Handling, stealth, medicine, and intimidate, if you can figure out how to get those between background, monk, and 1 each of ranger + artificer skills, you have an almost universal brick because:

Athletics/Acrobatics are mobility skills, almost wholly personal.

Animal Handling is only useful vs beasts and monstrosities, and the DCs that matter require dedicated skillmasters.

Stealth is broken in the boring way and difficult to carry to the rest of your party.

Medicine doesnt have any functions at all

Intimidate can only get you fear responses

Demonslayer666
2017-12-13, 03:03 PM
well, the most useless skills are Athletics, Acrobatics, Animal Handling, stealth, medicine, and intimidate, if you can figure out how to get those between background, monk, and 1 each of ranger + artificer skills, you have an almost universal brick because:

Athletics/Acrobatics are mobility skills, almost wholly personal.

Animal Handling is only useful vs beasts and monstrosities, and the DCs that matter require dedicated skillmasters.

Stealth is broken in the boring way and difficult to carry to the rest of your party.

Medicine doesnt have any functions at all

Intimidate can only get you fear responses

Wow, except for animal handling, that's very far off from what I have experienced. All the rest are quite common in our games.

Potato_Priest
2017-12-13, 03:07 PM
Wow, except for animal handling, that's very far off from what I have experienced. All the rest are quite common in our games.

Really? Medicine? Do you not have healer's kits?

smcmike
2017-12-13, 04:41 PM
Not sure how much worse you can get than the following:

Variant Human Wild Sorcerer
13 Str, 11 Dex, 8 Con, 15 Wis, 15 Int, 13 Cha

Feats: Grappler, Great Weapon Master
Background: Entertainer
Skills: Intimidate, Religion, Performance, Acrobatics, Animal Handling
Metamagic: Careful Spell, Empowered Spell
Cantrips: Blade Ward, True Strike, Mending, Prestidigitation, Message
Spells: Jump, Feather Fall, Expiditious Retreat, Comprehend Languages, Spider Climb.

No offensive magic. +0 ranged attacks, +1 melee attacks, terrible defense and hit points, minimal options for other actions in combat, other than running away. He’s decent at running away.

The_Jette
2017-12-13, 04:49 PM

My team never gets healer's kits. We buy healing potions and keep on going. When we run out, and someone drops (which has happened a few times recently, between opportunities to resupply), we regret not having anyone with proficiency in Medicine, and only a Paladin for healing. We're pretty low level right now, though.

Potato_Priest
2017-12-13, 05:02 PM
My team never gets healer's kits. We buy healing potions and keep on going. When we run out, and someone drops (which has happened a few times recently, between opportunities to resupply), we regret not having anyone with proficiency in Medicine, and only a Paladin for healing. We're pretty low level right now, though.

If you can buy one, I highly recommend doing so. They're 5sp/use novelties that completely eliminate the need for medicine checks.

toapat
2017-12-13, 07:03 PM

the point isnt that these are bad skills, they are TERRIBLE skills for making a character independently useful.

Medicine: Aka the skill that shouldnt exist, since you cant even make checks with it without a healer's kit, which you can also use proficiency in

Acrobatics/Athletics: Help? whats that?

Stealth: about the only thing i can think of that doesnt give access to knowledge checks, since for how useless those are, they still help other people.

Intimidate is the least useful of the 3 main charisma skills. Persuasion/Deception can do many things, Intimidate intimidates. for manipulating people i can certainly say which is the least useful of those 3

Animal Handling: entirely campaign dependent. most useful for mounted combat builds which the character i submitted isnt doing atm.

Demonslayer666
2017-12-14, 02:12 PM
Healer's kits don't allow you to diagnose an illness.

the point isnt that these are bad skills, they are TERRIBLE skills for making a character independently useful.

Medicine: Aka the skill that shouldnt exist, since you cant even make checks with it without a healer's kit, which you can also use proficiency in

Acrobatics/Athletics: Help? whats that?

Stealth: about the only thing i can think of that doesnt give access to knowledge checks, since for how useless those are, they still help other people.

Intimidate is the least useful of the 3 main charisma skills. Persuasion/Deception can do many things, Intimidate intimidates. for manipulating people i can certainly say which is the least useful of those 3

Animal Handling: entirely campaign dependent. most useful for mounted combat builds which the character i submitted isnt doing atm.

You specifically said they were useless. And yes, my games have lots of climbing, jumping, swimming, forcing opening doors, balancing acts, and the need to go unnoticed.

Stealth is absolutely awesome at making an individual useful, simply by having them scout ahead.

Zonugal
2017-12-14, 02:41 PM
I present to you the champion of the southern gladiator pits, Summer Wind, the silent monk who refuses to fight his foes till they give up & quit.

Summer Wind
Ghostwise Halfling Monk 5 with the Hermit background
Small humanoid (halfling), Lawful Neutral
Armor class 17 (unarmored defense)
Hit points 33 (5d8+5)
Speed 35 ft.
---
Str 8, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 12
---
Saving Throws Strength +2 and Dexterity +6
Skills Acrobatics +6, Artisan's Tools (Brewer's Supplies) +3, Herbalism Kit +3, Insight +, Medicine +7, and Religion +3
Feats --
Senses passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Halfling, and Sylvan
Challenge 5
---
Special Abilities
Racial Abilities: Brave, Lucky, and Silent Speech
Background Abilities: Discovery
Class Abilities: Martial Arts, Unarmored Defense, Ki (5), Unarmored Movement, Monastic Tradition (Way of Tranquility), Path of Tranquility (DC 15), Healing Hands (50 hp), Deflect Missiles, Slow Fall (25 ft.), Extra Attack, and Stunning Strike
---
Actions
Unarmed Strike. Melee weapon attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., range 20 ft/60 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6+3) bludgeoning damage; finesse
---
Equipment: a set of common clothes, an explorer's pack, a herbalism kit, a sack (5 gp), a scroll case stuffed full of notes from your studies or prayers, and a winter blanket

Mister_Squinty
2017-12-14, 03:22 PM
Ok, so this forum really likes finding cheesy builds that optimize damage, spell slots, etc.

But can we design a level 5 character who, at the hands of a perfectly rules-knowledgable player, would have the most difficult time defeating simple enemies? The player would make optimal decisions as necessary, i.e. melee attack instead of magic if their spellcasting ability is low, etc.

We can pick this characters spells, fighting styles, everything. We simply cannot dictate what actions they will take in the gladiatorial fight we're setting them up for.

Assume starting gear for the selected lvl 1 class.

So, how low can we go?

For a gladiator fight, this was what I came up with.

Deep Gnome Barbarian 5 w. Acolyte Background

ST: 8
DX: 9 (8,+1 from Gnome)
CN: 8
IN: 18 (15, +2 from Gnome, +1 from Linguist)
WS: 15
CH: 15

AC: 9
HP: 35 (took the average after level 1)
Skills: Animal Handling, Insight, Religion, Nature
Feats: Linguist
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Undercommon, Elvish, Dwarvish, Gnoll, Giant

Greataxe: +2 to hit, disadvantage, 1d12-1 dmg
Handaxe (2): +2 to hit, 1d6-1 dmg
Javelin (4): +2 to hit, 1d6-1, thrown

Armor: None (per standard lvl 1 Barbarian equipment)

Two attacks, but even if he recklessly attacks, the disadvantage on the Greataxe cancels the advantage benefit. I realize he's a fantastic fount of knowledge, but for a gladiator fight, I don't think that's going to help him much. I was hoping his AC would be 8, due to Unarmored Defense adding/subtracting the CN bonus, but my calculator didn't deduct that.

thoroughlyS
2017-12-14, 06:24 PM
Euslace Wayst
Sage Variant Human Sun Soul Monk 5

STR 9 (8 + 1)
DEX 8
CON 15
INT 15
WIS 9 (8 + 1)
CHA 15

Feats: Crossbow Expert, Savage Attacker
Skills: Animal Handling, Arcana, History, Insight, Religion
Languages: Common, Aarakocra, Dwarvish, Elvish

Deep Gnome Barbarian 5 w. Acolyte Background

ST: 8
DX: 9 (8,+1 from Gnome)
CN: 8
IN: 18 (15, +2 from Gnome, +1 from Linguist)
WS: 15
CH: 15

AC: 9
HP: 35 (took the average after level 1)
Skills: Animal Handling, Insight, Religion, Nature
Feats: Linguist
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Undercommon, Elvish, Dwarvish, Gnoll, Giant

Greataxe: +2 to hit, disadvantage, 1d12-1 dmg
Handaxe (2): +2 to hit, 1d6-1 dmg
Javelin (4): +2 to hit, 1d6-1, thrown

Armor: None (per standard lvl 1 Barbarian equipment)
You. Me. Swapped characters. Winner proves whose build is worse/who's the superior tactician. We fight at dawn. Deal?

clem
2017-12-14, 07:35 PM

Unless you only plan to adventure with the character for 3-5 years. Then you can just return your beast master ranger without having to put an ad on the Used Adventurer section of Craigslist.

Potato_Priest
2017-12-14, 07:45 PM
Healer's kits don't allow you to diagnose an illness.

Unless you're adventuring in plagueville it still doesn't seem like that would be a "frequently useful skill".

toapat
2017-12-14, 11:21 PM
You specifically said they were useless. And yes, my games have lots of climbing, jumping, swimming, forcing opening doors, balancing acts, and the need to go unnoticed.

Stealth is absolutely awesome at making an individual useful, simply by having them scout ahead.

yes, Athletics, Acrobatics, stealth are useful for personal checks. the point is the character is for all intents and purposes useless to the party, especially since while i didnt dictate what their expertise instances are, which with a tiny bit of logic, clearly becomes the Medicine skill since the medicine skill is literally useless.

mephnick
2017-12-14, 11:53 PM
yes, Athletics, Acrobatics, stealth are useful for personal checks. the point is the character is for all intents and purposes useless to the party, especially since while i didnt dictate what their expertise instances are, which with a tiny bit of logic, clearly becomes the Medicine skill since the medicine skill is literally useless.

Scouting is literally one of the most important things in D&D and has been for decades, so I'm not sure Stealth counts as only "personally" useful. Athletics lets you prone/grapple enemies which provides a huge benefit to your party members. Both of those things are useful to the entire party regardless of expertise.

Acrobatics is lame though. People think it's a good skill for some reason. I don't even take it on my Dex characters.

toapat
2017-12-15, 12:48 AM
Scouting is literally one of the most important things in D&D and has been for decades, so I'm not sure Stealth counts as only "personally" useful. Athletics lets you prone/grapple enemies which provides a huge benefit to your party members. Both of those things are useful to the entire party regardless of expertise.

Acrobatics is lame though. People think it's a good skill for some reason. I don't even take it on my Dex characters.

athletics still needs you to be competent, expecially since the stuff worth getting is worth it.

yes stealth is useful, but by this point other characters who might have actual competency at stealth as opposed to just a +4 to it can also cast invisiblity

Demonslayer666
2017-12-15, 11:37 AM
Unless you're adventuring in plagueville it still doesn't seem like that would be a "frequently useful skill".
Maybe it's just our player, but our cleric uses it all the time to try and see what's wrong with anyone showing signs of something odd going on with them (a cough, limp, scratching, etc). If there are no ailments in your game, well, I guess that's unfortunate.

Ug, the literally bomb? You claimed they were useless, not useless for the party. And individually specifically matters, because it's the least useless character in a gladiatorial arena, not the least useless character for the party. If the arena has varied terrain, athletics or acrobatics could easily be called for. And if I'm good at stealth and able to hide, I will certainly ambush my opponent. I agree that Medicine would be nearly useless in this situation, but it is certainly not useless overall.

strangebloke
2017-12-15, 02:08 PM

Athletics is great for everyone, especially if you're lacking in ability in other areas. You can be bad at everything, and if you only have athletics, you'll still be able to contribute. That said it's only really good against humanoids.

Acrobatics is basically athletics, but only has the defensive half (escaping grapples, grappling spells) it's pretty awful.

Scouting is only good if you have the best stealth score. Lots of classes will be better at stealth than Toapat's character.

Still, I'd give my badge of winning to the sun soul monk, simply because he's such a liability in combat. If the enemy ever gets advantage on him he's just dead. His AC is 5 below what you'd expect a 'squishy' wizard to have. He can get good AC, for the low low price of becoming a commoner. Yeah he has knowledge skills, but in my experience knowledge skills are not incredibly useful. I also give points for this reading like a real character.

2D8HP
2017-12-15, 02:19 PM

Me three. Unless you expense it as part of a business. Perhaps someone's "D&D 5e Builds 'R' Us" limited liability corporation. :smalltongue:

My question is, are you leasing the character, or just the optimization, via some sort of retained consultant?

@Eko,

Please edit your first post to this thread to correct the spelling mistake.

It should by "least" not "leased", I'm going batty every time I see the thread title.

toapat
2017-12-15, 02:34 PM
I agree that Medicine would be nearly useless in this situation, but it is certainly not useless overall.

useless to the party as a whole is the only relevant definition of useless because true incompetence is unachievable in 5E because of bounded accuracy.

beyond that, if you believe medicine is useful even in edge case scenarios, you seem to have missed the fact that every USEFUL medicine check has to be made with and can be made instead with proficiency in Healer's Kits.

thoroughlyS
2017-12-15, 02:45 PM
useless to the party as a whole is the only relevant definition of useless because true incompetence is unachievable in 5E because of bounded accuracy.

To be fair, that is not the scope of this thread. The relevant definition for this thread is "useless at defeating enemies". That being said, you are still correct: Wisdom (medicine) is only useful in edge cases in combat, and the most useful aspect while in combat is still outperformed by a piece of equipment (which anyone can use).

Potato_Priest
2017-12-24, 03:40 PM
So, I challenged my players to build the weakest characters they could, and then switched their characters around for what has become a two-shot (a 2 session 1 shot).

The classes are as follows:
1monk (rock gnome with ASI in Int) with 8-9 Dex, con, and str. Would deal decent damage except they can never hit.

1 bard (drow with the elemental adept (lightning) feat). This is also the party’s primary DPS with 14 dex and a rapier or ranged weapon.

1 variant human warlock with all their choices put into language proficiency. (Linguist feat, comprehend languages, tongues, eyes of the tune keeper, beast speech invocation, GOO 3rd level telepathy feature). Has been outshining the rest of the party a lot due to the spider climb spell that lets them circumvent traps easily.

1 variant human evocation wizard with all out-of-combat utility spells low int, and the skilled feat. One of the party’s primary damage dealers due to their 13 str.

None of the party has more than 23 hp at level 5, and the group’s highest AC is 14.

I honestly have doubts that this party could beat a CR 1 giant toad in a locked room. Let this be a lesson to those who claim you can’t make bad characters in 5e.

toapat
2017-12-24, 05:11 PM
I honestly have doubts that this party could beat a CR 1 giant toad in a locked room. Let this be a lesson to those who claim you can’t make bad characters in 5e.

the problem is your assuming combat. that party can solve pretty much any out of combat problem you can imagine.

In combat, they arent amazing but they should be able to take CR3-4 challenges

2D8HP
2017-12-24, 06:22 PM
:furious:

This thread again!

@Eko,

Please edit your first post to this thread to correct the spelling mistake.

It should by "least" not "leased", I'm going batty every time I see the thread title!

https://media.giphy.com/media/bu6h4uB5zEDV6/giphy.gif

Xihirli
2017-12-24, 06:26 PM
12th level goblin, has a 13 in every stat and one level in every class. Is almost entirely useless at everything.

toapat
2017-12-24, 09:31 PM
12th level goblin, has a 13 in every stat and one level in every class. Is almost entirely useless at everything.

has cantrips, can output competent damage

Vorpalchicken
2017-12-25, 01:24 AM
Full Orc Wizard (Level 5)
S17 D8 C9 I7 W15 C15 AC9 (or maybe 12 if the player can choose mage armour) HP17 Linguist Feat
Enchantment School (for 2nd level power that will likely fail if attempted)

He may have one good round, landing a SCAG cantrip with his quarterstaff or casting a non-attribute dependent spell but he is likely going to die that same round, if he gets to act at all.

Edit- Reread first post, we get to pick the spells...
If player doesn't get to select the spells, pick only spells with attack rolls (lowest attack bonus possible for this level- a +1) or DCs (a whopping 9)

Spells (leaning towards combat and low utility. Some of the combat spells would be useful if our INT weren't so low): C: True Strike, Acid Splash, Infestation, Poison Spray; 1: Catapult, Cause Fear, Earth Tremor, Ice Knife, Ray of Sickness, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Witch Bolt; 2: Agnazzar's Scorcher, Crown of Madness, Earthbind, Gust of Wind, Sniloc's Snowball Swarm; 3: Bestow Curse

No Orcish resilience but can conveniently use a bonus action to bring himself closer to the bad guys to more rapidly end his miserable existence.

Also good at lifting stuff and intimidating others in multiple languages, so there's that.

Xihirli
2017-12-25, 02:34 AM
Orc wizard with 6 INT. Orcs can go down to potentially 1 INT with rolling. So there you go.